O.K. let's see how that works out. I took my chances and ordered 2 from Steelmodels in Italy. They look quite reliable and serious. There's sadly no shop listed for Germany or Northern Europe but they don't charge anything for S/H for orders above 100 bugs which is great. So hopefully not that many to go for AMK anymore. Thumbs pressed and prayers sent I guess.

Edited by bushande

I am grateful for the honesty about the schedule.

All this untooled kitty kit stuff means the first Foxbat release might just make it in time for jingle bells 2019 or 2020, probably too late for some of us, so I will get the Revell repop of the ICM MiG-25RBT in a month or so. Sorted.

Shame, as AMK's Foxhound and metal bits kits are really second to none.

Tony

10 hours ago, dehowie said:

So 55 pages of "wow how awesome is AMK", "The AMK kit will blow the Tamiya kit away" etc etc.

Then when it comes to putting your money where your mouth is and for a measly $45 and they are greeted with silence and people hunting or waiting for a beter price.

Pretty simple really you want your all singing and dancing F-14 put up or shut up.

Pre order purchasing is done in lots of industries to "guarrantee" to manufacturers that they have the capital to warrant a massive investment to ensure a project goes ahead.

$45 for a 1/48 Tomcat with two wings plus full weapons and guys are hunting around for better prices..

You guys cant be serious can you.

The Tamiya F-14A out of SB today is 92!!

So to save $5 you would risk the entire project goes down the tube.

The lovely Steel Beach F-14B conversion by itself is 35 bucks plus throw in a Tamiya F-14 plus some other bits to make a D and you staring at 100 plus without any weapons.

If you dont think 45 is a good price and are happy to see the kit go unproduced because there are not enough interested in seeing an F-14D from AMK in 48th you only have yourself to blame when it gets cancelled.

My opinion is very different than yours. Like many others, I have issues with allocating my funds towards a purchase that up to this point been CAD drawings. No molds have been produced, and the "other company" is in control of the manufacturing process by virtue of their ownership over the production equipment. The price is insanely reasonable, I love it. I don't want to have fight for a refund in the event of this collapsing. Regardless of who the vendor is, it will be a mess.

WOW  WOW  WOW. I have seen it all now, what a mess this kit is.

Taking pre-order money from folks here is worse than borrowing money from the mob. The drama on this forum could be seen from outer space.

There is no believable time table to get the kit released or even at all. At this moment, the kit is a project on someone's mind, nothing more.

5 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

still didn't read the entire post from Sio. He said it would be in your hands Christmas.

gary

Ooooh yes I did.

we would have it by Christmas only if the 5,000 pre order level was hit. Otherwise it would be sometime in 2018.

.With 200+ kits in the stash, I've got plenty to keep me busy, not losing any sleep over this slip in schedule. Their miscues on the schedule are not going to prevent me from buying the kit  if it's as nice as the mig-31, when it finally hits the shelves.

4 hours ago, Berkut said:

At that point though, what difference does a kit make? :) I mean, it is about 0.5% more kits in the stash. :P

well after awhile you start running out of space. I have about five hundred kits in all sorts of flavors. Yet another dozen or so won't even be noticed.

gary

5 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

I have about five hundred kits in all sorts of flavors.

:jaw-dropping: I'm consoling to know this, I thought I was a pathologic case with my "just" (approx.) 100 kit stash

Any reply from the US distributors about the pre-order? So far I have not seen anything from SI or Victory Models on their websites(?).

I wonder if Sio has contacted them yet?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I used an older technology to contact Victory models.  It is called a telephone!  

Anyhow, I left a voicemail with Bob, and he then called me back with the following info:

1. yes Victory Models will be taking pre-orders.

2. The price is $55.20.

3. In order to make it easier on all parties, Victory is not taking pre-payment.  They are only looking for a committed count to provide to AMK.

4. To place your pre-order, use bob's email address from the Victory models website, and provide your name, address, telephone number, and how many F-14D's from AMK you will commit to pre-ordering.  I committed to three.  I apologize, I know, I am a lightweight.  I only have 35 kits in my stash.

5. If/when the 5000 unit mark is reached, further instructions will follow.

Thats all I have.

Hope this helps.

13 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

:jaw-dropping: I'm consoling to know this, I thought I was a pathologic case with my "just" (approx.) 100 kit stash

the "Devine MS G" (girl friend) says I've now evolved into a hoarder! I did an inventory last year with my fly tying stuff. I have a minimum of 2,000 hooks alone. Many of them are no longer produced, and feathers are just as bad. Maybe I'm going nuts!

gary

3 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Yes that's my above experience as well. 

At least no money down is needed at the moment. 

I am now expecting for people to find something new to complain about. Maybe the telephone bill. Or the poor electrons used to send an email. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Berkut said:

I am now expecting for people to find something new to complain about. Maybe the telephone bill. Or the poor electrons used to send an email. :rolleyes:

Frankly at this point it's a moot issue..

Either it gets made and the pre-ordering folks get a hefty discount..

Or it gets made in 2018 and none of this really mattered. 

5 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

I used an older technology to contact Victory models.  It is called a telephone!  

Anyhow, I left a voicemail with Bob, and he then called me back with the following info:

1. yes Victory Models will be taking pre-orders.

2. The price is $55.20.

3. In order to make it easier on all parties, Victory is not taking pre-payment.  They are only looking for a committed count to provide to AMK.

4. To place your pre-order, use bob's email address from the Victory models website, and provide your name, address, telephone number, and how many F-14D's from AMK you will commit to pre-ordering.  I committed to three.  I apologize, I know, I am a lightweight.  I only have 35 kits in my stash.

5. If/when the 5000 unit mark is reached, further instructions will follow.

Thats all I have.

Hope this helps.

Funny, I can't find this pre-order information on their website. Hopefully it will be posted there.

Now, I wonder about Sprue Brothers....

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

2 hours ago, f-16 said:

Funny, I can't find this pre-order information on their website. Hopefully it will be posted there.

Now, I wonder about Sprue Brothers....

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

You have to email him...it's not on the website