I just got an email back from Victory Models. It's simple just send em an email here bob @ victorymodels.com and let him know how many you want. At a later time when things are set, that's when payment will be required.. Hell if I had $125,000-175,000 , my guess on the cost to make 5000 kits @$25-35ea, I'd personally guarantee the production...but I'm not rich.:crying: Anyway The lower price in my opinion is so worth the price. If you were honestly going to buy the kit take advantage of the offer. Just think of it as an early start on Christmas Layaway for an F-14D. I REALLY Love F-14's so I committed to 4 kits and If my LHS participates I will do 2 more.

This thread has almost 1400 posts and well over 160,000 views - and AMK needs pre-orders to know if there is sufficient interest to produce this kit ? 

Seriously ?

I just committed to buy two from Victory Models.  No harm no foul doing so, no money spent as of yet. 

Not really sure what all the fuss is about, honestly.  If it gets released by Christmas, Awesome!  If it is sometime in 2018, cool.  If it is not released at all, disappointing, but it won't adversely affect my life any.  In any of these instances, I am not out any money either.  *shrugs*

Hello AMK team

A question/suggestion not related around the pre-order but the parts lay out. Please do not make the cockpit tub as one part like all the others. If you do the floor and side walls as separate parts it is easy to incoperate all the wall details that normally only resin pits show. I mean the details on the vertical walls below the side panels. No half way experianced modeller needs a tub from one part.

thanks

Uwe

Just counted...I've got 127 1/48 kits still in my stash, so I'm in no hurry to pre-order one right now. I guess by the time I'm on my 127th the regular run of AMK F-14 will be released the following month....:beer4:

Edited by flybywire
2 hours ago, flybywire said:

Just counted...I've got 127 1/48 kits still in my stash, so I'm in no hurry to pre-order one right now. I guess by the time I'm on my 127th the regular run of AMK F-14 will be released the following month....:beer4:

wait till AMK releases the very early F14a. I'll have at least four of them. I found an F14B that I just have to do in a book I picked up.

gary

23 hours ago, anj4de said:

Hello AMK team

A question/suggestion not related around the pre-order but the parts lay out. Please do not make the cockpit tub as one part like all the others. If you do the floor and side walls as separate parts it is easy to incoperate all the wall details that normally only resin pits show. I mean the details on the vertical walls below the side panels. No half way experianced modeller needs a tub from one part.

thanks

Uwe

Ah...........

This is a good idea. We never thought about that.

You deserve a sample. PM me please!

Sprue Brothers reply to the pre-order...

Please be aware that we will be stocking the new AMK 1:48 F-14D Tomcat once it becomes available from the manufacturer.  We are aware of AMK's pre-order program to see if they can obtain enough dealer orders to have the kit released in December 2017.  We are participating in this pre-order.  Once we have confirmation that AMK is going through with the December 2017 release, we will begin accepting pre-orders with the special pre-order price.

So does this mean that SB WON'T be takings pre-orders until AFTER May 30th?? They have to take the PE's NOW in order for AMK to get the 5000 kit order needed to start/justify early production.(?)

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

19 minutes ago, f-16 said:

Please be aware that we will be stocking the new AMK 1:48 F-14D Tomcat once it becomes available from the manufacturer.  We are aware of AMK's pre-order program to see if they can obtain enough dealer orders to have the kit released in December 2017.  We are participating in this pre-order.  Once we have confirmation that AMK is going through with the December 2017 release, we will begin accepting pre-orders with the special pre-order price.

So does this mean that SB WON'T be takings pre-orders until AFTER May 30th?? They have to take the PE's NOW in order for AMK to get the 5000 kit order needed to start/justify early production.(?)

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

It's likely SB has committed to a certain number to help AMK secure 5000..after which If AMK makes the mark then SB will start the Pre-order process.

21 hours ago, f-16 said:

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

What are they trying to say? 

Once AMK has enough pre-orders only then they will release kit in December 2017. So how will AMK release the kit if it does not have 5000 preorders?

3 hours ago, stalal said:

What are they trying to say? 

Once AMK has enough pre-orders only then they will release kit in December 2017. So how will AMK release the kit if it does not have 5000 preorders?

That if AMK confirms they'll be producing the kit this year, they'll open up their pre-order banks for paying customers (IE normal pre-ordering)

If they don't hit their goal and the production doesn't start till next year...then obviously they won't be doing a pre-order. 

3 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Is there going to be addiction/job training when this thread ends?

Hopefully there'll be plenty of AMK F-14 when this thread ends. this should be the appropriate cure to the addiction:woot.gif:

3 hours ago, 305swag said:

What if Tamiya released a D before AMK? 🤓 At this rate😔

Would that be a f-16 or a f-14?:thumbsup2:

If f-16, i think AMK will beat Tamiya to the punch....

Tamiya makes decisions that..well..to a modeler doesn't make sense sometimes.  Take for example their F-14 kit..it's designed and laid out in such a way that they only need to pop one sprue in order to produce a F-14A(Late), F-14B or F-14D. 

They did the same with the Viper...but decided to do dick all about it. 

3 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Tamiya makes decisions that..well..to a modeler doesn't make sense sometimes.  Take for example their F-14 kit..it's designed and laid out in such a way that they only need to pop one sprue in order to produce a F-14A(Late), F-14B or F-14D. 

They did the same with the Viper...but decided to do dick all about it. 

I know I bought the Wingman D conversion and am still waiting for the Sierra Hotel A conversion. I have given up on the F-16D:crying: but the F-14 is a Yuuge success so I think they will & by this Fall release a  late A and before next spring the B ... :smiley-transport006:

I wonder how many orders AMK has up to now. Only a week or so left.

Sio, do you have any numbers as of this week? How close are you to the 5000?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

1 hour ago, f-16 said:

I wonder how many orders AMK has up to now. Only a week or so left.

Sio, do you have any numbers as of this week? How close are you to the 5000?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

my guess is that all those who takes preorders, will only give them their numbers on the very last day they can. Be assured that AMK will communicate very soon after that if the news are good.