So, is it safe to say that AMK have NOT reached their 5000 kit mark, that's the reason why they have to extend it?

If they still don't make it by the 15th, will they hold off production until after January?

I wish SIO would give us some information on how they are doing with this.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

1 minute ago, f-16 said:

So, is it safe to say that AMK have NOT reached their 5000 kit mark, that's the reason why they have to extend it?

Maybe they just extended because when the preorder campaign started there was not a complete list of distributors.

From AMK facebook post:

"Pre-ordering by distributors will be ended by 31st may, 2017. While Internet shops in HK and Indiegogo will extend to 15th June, 2017, for those countries without distributors taking Pre-orders."

1 hour ago, f-16 said:

Yes and no.  I think it's safe to say that AMK haven't hit the 5000 kit mark (that's a LOT of plastic; to put it in perspective, imagine Tamiya pre-selling every single copy of their upcoming 1/32 Corsair, or Airfix pre-selling their full P-51 production run).  

But they extended it to give their Indiegogo campaign enough time to collect orders from people who couldn't get it elsewhere.  Since that didn't launch until May 30, they had to push back the deadline by a couple of weeks.

I spoke with Bob at Victory Models this morning, just to make sure he got my pre-order. He did, and we had a great conversation about the kit, and the whole pre-order business. He said that there was great interest in the kit, and he'd gotten a very good response to the pre-order offer. We both agreed that the price was too good to ignore, and that even if it somehow fell short of the required 5000 units, it would just take a little patience, and you're still getting a terrific(It's AMK!!) kit at a fire sale price. WIN!

Now, if we can get a decent price on that RoG Foxbat with the corrected nose, I'll be set... until the next thing comes along.

On 6/15/2017 at 3:06 PM, IAGeezer said:

We both agreed that the price was too good to ignore, and that even if it somehow fell short of the required 5000 units, it would just take a little patience, and you're still getting a terrific(It's AMK!!) kit at a fire sale price. WIN!

Wasn't the 'fire sale' price based on getting the 5000 unit pre-order number? I thought that if the pre-order wasn't met then it's back to the normal retail model, pricing and production schedule. 

Cheers,

John

7 hours ago, CF104 said:

Wasn't the 'fire sale' price based on getting the 5000 unit pre-order number? I thought that if the pre-order wasn't met then it's back to the normal retail model, pricing and production schedule. 

Cheers,

John

My understanding is that whether that 5000 number was met or not, if you got in on the preorder, that was your price whether it came out in December or 2018. 

Edited by Fighting Eighty-Four

Jester - I only spoke with Bob at Victory, we didn't talk numbers. Also, Victory hasn't accepted any money from modelers.

John - The price at Victory will remain, regardless of the release date, but only for those who pre-ordered. I'm pretty sure that was how Sio set this up for all pre-ordering, here's the FB announcement - check 7 and 8.

I got my pre-order in with Victory Models also. I reserved 4 kits. I almost got more from the crowdfunding page but misunderstood the timing as it ended in China, GMT  or something time...so when I went on the 15th it was already the 16th ..LOL 

So the pre-order is done and the time to beat down doors for sales is passed..

Any word from AMK on if they got close enough (or reached) their goal so we'll get the kit produced this year?

So far the only recent word I've seen from AMK on anything is related to the 1/72 Kfir. 

For what is worth, even though I pre-ordered two kits about one month ago from Hobby Easy, my credit card was charged for the kits only, not shipping charge until three days ago, they told me the will charge my card again by the end of the year.  I asked them if that means the production of the kit is going to happen, but I haven't received an answer yet.

I hope they were able to get to the 5000 mark.

Juan