I do believe they did, because my credit card has been just charded (Hobby Easy, on 22 of June), so I think I bought this kit.

Following that I hope I will get this model until the end of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, well I have been very patient (I think) and since it is rapidly coming up on a month since this pre-order ended, I am more than ready to hear some news on whether the numbers were obtained to allow this project to go forward this year. Sadly, it has been complete radio silence both within forums and on AMK's facebook page. I wouldn't be anxious, but I have paid Sincere Models for three kits and pre-ordered another two from Victory Models, so I think I have a vested interest since I am into this for $150. So c'mon AMK let us know what the deal is, as soon as you possibly can.

Rick

I suspect the fact that they haven't said anything, says that they didn't make their target.  If it was full speed ahead, you've got to think they'd be announcing their success and teasing updates on their progress.

I could be wrong, of course.  But I suspect their silence speaks volumes.

Supposedly at the recent hobby show they attended in (I think) Malaysia they said the F-14 was "optimistically" on schedule for a December production start. 

I personally don't buy it..they've been ignoring their FB, they ignore here..I get they're a small group, but this is insane. 

2 hours ago, glorystomper said:

good luck getting a reply from HobbyEasy.. they won't even reply to my emails about another issue i had with one of their shipments..

They replayed to me. Hobby Easy always replies to me very quickly if I ask to something them.

Regarding the F-14D, they wrote to me:

We charged your card for the kit's cost and we will charge your card for the postage when this kit becomes available in late 2017

Edited by Solo
49 minutes ago, Solo said:

They replayed to me. Hobby Easy always replies to me very quickly if I ask to something them.

Regarding the F-14D, they wrote to me:

Precisely the reason I did not "buy into" this pre-order B.S. They're earning interest on your cash with zero idea of when you'll actually get it. Never heard of such a thing.

5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Precisely the reason I did not "buy into" this pre-order B.S. They're earning interest on your cash with zero idea of when you'll actually get it. Never heard of such a thing.

Not sure why guys preordered from companies that were charging when you could preorder from Victory without committing money- what am I missing here?

Steve

2 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Not sure why guys preordered from companies that were charging when you could preorder from Victory without committing money- what am I missing here?

I pre-ordered my copies from Sincere well before other companies were even in on the pre-order. So therefore, I was required to pay. Once Victory was announced as the US pre-order rep, I jumped on that bandwagon figuring what did I have to lose at that point, as I wasn't risking any additional $$$.

Rick

Edited by madmanrick
14 minutes ago, madmanrick said:

I pre-ordered my copies from Sincere well before other companies were even in on the pre-order. So therefore, I was required to pay. Once Victory was announced as the US pre-order rep, I jumped on that bandwagon figuring what did I have to lose at that point, as I wasn't risking any additional $$$.

Rick

Okay, I understand now.  Well I hope this kit happens sooner rather than later...I'm curious what may happen if Tamiya beats them to a D this fall.   

Steve

28 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

Okay, I understand now.  Well I hope this kit happens sooner rather than later...I'm curious what may happen if Tamiya beats them to a D this fall.   

Steve

Or a conversion for the Tamiya kit.....

• 1 month later...

Just saw these photos on Bmodeler.

Was there a promo on slide molds?

GBU-38/32, AIM-9 in one-piece, what's the point?

Deployed fins for the GBU-12? This one is pretty strange.

Edited by shion
  • 5 weeks later...

From the AMK facebook page;

Hi everyone.
Just a quick heads-up. Steel Models in Italy are no longer our appointed distributor for Italy.
Of course, we wish them all very well in their business and we hope that they are successful in all they do.
If you have any preorders with them for F-14D then please be advised that they will not be receiving this kit on release later this year (we hope).

Well that's "fantastic"!

So guess I'm not eligble for the discount anymore. So how do you plan to deal with gruntled potential customers like me AMK?

Would have been nice to come across with an option of how you intend to treat these preorders instead of just telling people that their preorders are supposedly binned due to circumstances they can't do anything about.

Any alternatives for folks like me?

I'm really p...sed about that! :angry:

Hi,

If you have a facebook account go to https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/

They have a message over there regarding the pre orders which were done at steel models;

Of course there are hurdles in life and we wouldn’t usually discuss business decisions online. However, in the interests of openness we are honest about everything that we can be. Washing clothes in public is not what we want to do and not what you would expect from us either. The moral high ground is where I prefer to be and any other stance is not acceptable to me.

If you are having any concerns about any orders you have with or through Steel Models then they are doing the right thing and reimbursing your money. Of course, that is the correct thing to do. One just has to look at the timings of the posts to see properly.

Because this is not your problem you should not suffer because of differences in opinion, we ask that you PM us for information on how we can and will help you.

Please be aware that we are getting hundreds of messages and these take time to get through properly. We always strive to make sure we give you the attention you deserve and as loyal customers would expect from us. Thanks for reading - Admin - Martin