16 hours ago, Lex said:

From the AMK facebook page;

...If you have any preorders with them for F-14D then please be advised that they will not be receiving this kit on release later this year (we hope).

Does the "we hope" refer to AMK hoping they will be releasing the kit later this year (2017)...?

Before this company releases one more kit they need to sort out this distribution debacle.

Since day one of the Mig-31 release when they failed to supply Lucky Model there entire order and lost them AMK distribution has been in disarray.

They really need to sort this out or it will cost them there business.

it really doesnt matter how great the kits are if you cant get one or rely on a pre order to stay together through the production cycle they will lose money.

If the big T comes good with a D as predicted in the next few weeks this will only get worse ten fold.

People should of been able to comfortable pre order through LM, HLJ, 1999 etc feelig safe and secure and locked in. Instead people have lost pre orders, AMK are losing money, security and all the while the big T is hovering.

Dealing with small time retailers people have never used and dont trust doesnt cut it  and they need to fix it before this kit hits the two shelves you might or might not be able to buy it from.

Sad really to see the promise AMK provided being lost due to basic business management problems.

Edited by dehowie
1 hour ago, dehowie said:

Before this company releases one more kit they need to sort out this distribution debacle.

Since day one of the Mig-31 release when they failed to supply Lucky Model there entire order and lost them AMK distribution has been in disarray.

it really doesnt matter how great the kits are if you cant get one or rely on a pre order to stay together through the production cycle they will lose money.

If the big T comes good with a D as predicted in the next few weeks this will only get worse ten fold.

People should of been able to comfortable pre order through LM, HLJ, 1999 etc feelig safe and secure and locked in. Instead people have lost pre orders, AMK are losing money, security and all the while the big T is hovering.

Dealing with small time retailers people have never used and dont trust doesnt cut it  and they need to fix it before this kit hits the two shelves you might or might not be able to buy it from.

Sad really to see the promise AMK provided being lost due to basic business management problems.

noticed you failed (as usual) to sign off as resident fan boy. Or just resident shill!

gary (resident GWH fan)

6 hours ago, dehowie said:

I think the first problem is this total lack of clear view for the customer.

Their communication is bad, no, it's not only bad, it's totally unprofessionnal.

If today, I want to pre-order an AMK F-14D:

- I don't have a trusty online store.

- I don't have a release date.

- I don't have a box content.

- and worst, I don't know if I pay, when I will get my kit, despite the release (see Mig-31 release fiasco).

They made a preorder campaign lastly: we never had a statement about the completion or not.

Worst, when people asked about this subject, no answer.

You can not do this in 2017.

I'd be a little surprised if Tamiya comes out with a D. It would make more sense to release a late A first, then a B later. With the late A, you need one extra sprue, and a small one at that. The B would require that sprue plus a sprue for the engine shrouds, nozzles, etc. The D would need a new cockpit. I'm not saying they won't release a D. I'm basing my outlook on what they did with the F-16C. Their best bet would be to release an A/B kit that's all encompassing like they did with the F-16C. That was a great release, as you could do any F-16C combination.

This was on the wiki page for the real F-14 Tomcat:

"...The F-14 first flew on 21 December 1970, just 22 months after Grumman was awarded the contract..."

For the most part those Grumman fellas sure could get an actual aircraft designed, built and flown pretty quickly, even without the advantages of todays technology, with having to design everything from scratch, and not having already created examples of the F-14 to go off of... heck I think actual deliveries to the navy began in 4 years...

13 hours ago, dehowie said:

all the while the big T is hovering.

While I disagree with much of what was said and the manner, I completely disagree that what "the big T" does will  affect AMK. Saying that implies that there is room for only one kit of any particular model and it has been proven time and again that there is room for many. As far as I am concerned there has yet to be "a definitive kit" of anything.

I will say this in regards to AMK, I do agree that they need to sort out their production issues. The issues with "obtaining production space" in their "own" factory are not a recipe for success, not in 2017 when companies are supposed to be more responsive to consumer demand, not less so.

I also believe that communication to the consumer, which was once a HUGE strength and refreshing change for AMK, has become abysmal. While I preodered this kit (as I've gone on about before), I still do not know definitively that this kit is going to make the December 2017 date and that is entirely the fault of the folks that run AMK. There should be NO ambiguity about this, either they have moved forward or they haven't. The consumer shouldn't have to "read between the lines" to try to figure out what the heck is happening. Lastly, the fact that they have ignored direct messages to them at their chosen forum (i.e. Facebook), is unforgiveable. This is alienating the very people who are trying to give you money, not very intelligent and totally within your (AMK's) control.

Rick

1 hour ago, madmanrick said:

While I disagree with much of what was said and the manner, I completely disagree that what "the big T" does will  affect AMK. Saying that implies that there is room for only one kit of any particular model and it has been proven time and again that there is room for many. As far as I am concerned there has yet to be "a definitive kit" of anything.

I will say this in regards to AMK, I do agree that they need to sort out their production issues. The issues with "obtaining production space" in their "own" factory are not a recipe for success, not in 2017 when companies are supposed to be more responsive to consumer demand, not less so.

I also believe that communication to the consumer, which was once a HUGE strength and refreshing change for AMK, has become abysmal. While I preodered this kit (as I've gone on about before), I still do not know definitively that this kit is going to make the December 2017 date and that is entirely the fault of the folks that run AMK. There should be NO ambiguity about this, either they have moved forward or they haven't. The consumer shouldn't have to "read between the lines" to try to figure out what the heck is happening. Lastly, the fact that they have ignored direct messages to them at their chosen forum (i.e. Facebook), is unforgiveable. This is alienating the very people who are trying to give you money, not very intelligent and totally within your (AMK's) control.

Rick

WORD !

I feel everyone's pain, although I did not pre-order the kit for the exact reason of everyone's anxiety. In reality though, wouldn't it be best to wait until early December (when it was promised...maybe) before heads explode? Today is September 24, 2017. There are a full 2+ months left.

8 hours ago, HomeBe said:

MiG-31 release fiasco?????

Don't remember this release as a fiasco. As soon as announced as released the kit was quickly available all over the world by nearly all local retailers and at a good price for such a big kit.

But I agree with your statements about the irritating communication - sorry to say that Martin - of AMK. 

V.P.

honestly in his defense; I had problems getting my hands on the kit. Still I wanted the upgraded kit with the metal parts. Ordered mine thru Victory Models and cussed them, but I should have bit my tongue. It wasn't their fault. I did find one at Hobby World, and I'm extremely pleased with the kit. I will buy the MIG25 whenever it comes out, I might add.

gary

6 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

In reality though, wouldn't it be best to wait until early December (when it was promised...maybe) before heads explode? Today is September 24, 2017. There are a full 2+ months left.

I agree, but you (I think) missed my main point. I am more concerned with the fact the there has been NO "official" word that this is even proceeding. No word that they even made their pre-order numbers and not even acknowledgement that in fact, they have secured space in their factory to produce this kit. Yes, there have been some ambiguous posts referring to such and they have posted some additional CAD shots. But, they posted more on their FB page about some model show they attended in Malaysia, then they have recently concerning this kit and its' status. THAT is what has rankled me. I mean, I have pre-ordered 5 copies of the kit, from 2 different sellers, but I am not sitting here holding my breath waiting on them. However, I would like to know the actual status of this project, rather than some vague "Dec 2017...maybe" crap.

Now you may say that AMK doesn't owe anyone any information or explanations and in that you would be correct. But, again this company came on the scene touting a different business model, one in which they would be communicative, responsive and forthright with their customers. Initially they seemed to be living up to that promise, but the last 9 months or so they have lost that edge and retreated back down the rabbit hole. Not good in my opinion. THAT is where my main disappointment lies.

Rick

I believe the words used by AMK on their Facebook page were "we hope" in reference to actually getting this kit to us by December or thereabouts (I don't have nor do I use Facebook so I am relying on what others have seen and reposted). Yes December is two months away but shouldn't there be a more definitive and solid response and commitment from AMK then "we hope"? Surely at this stage in the game with all that's been written, posted, and done by them in these last 27 months they have some solid idea! 

Perhaps they regret ever taking on the F-14 and wish that they had stayed with Russian and Israeli type subjects...LOL! (humor:stooges:).

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by Don