You guys are still aware that you are discussing a plastic model kit, right? It's not like AMK promised a cure for cancer, world peace or that everyone replying to this thread will become a billionaire. 

Bjarne

Edited by Phantom726
1 hour ago, Phantom726 said:

You guys are still aware that you are discussing a plastic model kit, right? It's not like AMK promised a cure for cancer, world peace or that everyone replying to this thread will become a billionaire. 

Bjarne

LMAOOOOOOO

hit the nail on the head..

20 hours ago, HomeBe said:

MiG-31 release fiasco?????

Don't remember this release as a fiasco. As soon as announced as released the kit was quickly available all over the world by nearly all local retailers and at a good price for such a big kit.

But I agree with your statements about the rather irritating communication - sorry to say that Martin - of AMK. 

V.P.

There's a 40-pages thread about these Mig-31, take a look at what happened at the promised release.

2 things:

- when a store or a supplier cancels an order, they lose a sale.

- when a store or a supplier cancels an preorder, they don't just lose a sale, they lose a consumer who made the mistake to trust them.

I don't know if you took a look recently to the AMK FB page, but when people see things like:

"Yeah, delete customer's comments, that will definitely build trust even more."

" 2 Weeks later and still no word to the people that pre-ordered at Steelmodels"

Who will be your new importer for Italy?
I have a model shop and I have some customer orders through steelmodel (to date) your importer for italy. If they will no longer provide the model where I will have to buy it?

And the sole answer to these requests is silence or:

"PM me please"

After this, who can possibly trust them?

5 hours ago, Phantom726 said:

Bjarne

Yes I think we are all aware we are discussing plastic models. Do you suggest that we NOT discuss plastic models? Perhaps we should discuss politics or the World economy? Oh wait, I thought the very nature of this site was TO DISCUSS plastic models and NOT politics and/or economies? Your point holds absolutely NO validity. Also, as far as becoming a billionaire. Clearly if I wanted to be a billionaire or otherwise, I wouldn't be "wasting" money on plastic models, I'd be buying Slovenian brides.

Edited by madmanrick
16 minutes ago, madmanrick said:

Yes I think we are all aware we are discussing plastic models. Do you suggest that we NOT discuss plastic models? Perhaps we should discuss politics or the World economy? Oh wait, I thought the very nature of this site was TO DISCUSS plastic models and NOT politics and/or economies? Your point holds absolutely NO validity. Also, as far as becoming a billionaire. Clearly if I wanted to be a billionaire or otherwise, I wouldn't be "wasting" money on plastic models, I'd be buying Slovenian brides.

How much for one of those Brides?

23 hours ago, Don said:

This was on the wiki page for the real F-14 Tomcat:

"...The F-14 first flew on 21 December 1970, just 22 months after Grumman was awarded the contract..."

For the most part those Grumman fellas sure could get an actual aircraft designed, built and flown pretty quickly, even without the advantages of todays technology, with having to design everything from scratch, and not having already created examples of the F-14 to go off of... heck I think actual deliveries to the navy began in 4 years...

So it takes longer to produce a plastic replica than the real thing?

15 hours ago, madmanrick said:

I agree, but you (I think) missed my main point. I am more concerned with the fact the there has been NO "official" word that this is even proceeding. No word that they even made their pre-order numbers and not even acknowledgement that in fact, they have secured space in their factory to produce this kit. Yes, there have been some ambiguous posts referring to such and they have posted some additional CAD shots. But, they posted more on their FB page about some model show they attended in Malaysia, then they have recently concerning this kit and its' status. THAT is what has rankled me. I mean, I have pre-ordered 5 copies of the kit, from 2 different sellers, but I am not sitting here holding my breath waiting on them. However, I would like to know the actual status of this project, rather than some vague "Dec 2017...maybe" crap.

Now you may say that AMK doesn't owe anyone any information or explanations and in that you would be correct. But, again this company came on the scene touting a different business model, one in which they would be communicative, responsive and forthright with their customers. Initially they seemed to be living up to that promise, but the last 9 months or so they have lost that edge and retreated back down the rabbit hole. Not good in my opinion. THAT is where my main disappointment lies.

Rick

Rick, I do agree with much of what you said. The deadline is approaching and for those of you who have pre-ordered the kit with an understanding that if you did so, the kit would be available in December, are owed an explanation, if they do not deliver on time.

I am of the mindset however that there was a bit of risk ordering in advance...that is why I decided against it. This is especially true for anyone who actually shelled out the coin for the "future release". In that instance, updates from AMK should be thought of as a requirement...not just a courtesy to those who left their money hanging without any interest etc.

AMK has a dilemma on their hands and if they do not deliver, they had better do some soul searching on setting up their own molding facility. Otherwise, this will be the one and only time anyone will be willing to participate in a venture like this.

The thread is about AMK and the 27 month (and counting) saga surrounding their F-14D project so the two are linked. Heck, if you spend any amount of time here on ARC you'll no doubt come across topics that stray well beyond anything even remotely linked to the original post or topic. So I don't think its that big a stretch to discuss AMK and their handling (good, bad, or otherwise) of their F-14D project...

On 9/25/2017 at 10:44 AM, Craig Baldwin said:

This thread is having less and less to do with the F-14D and more and more about AMK.

They're pretty well linked. A lot of people we very wow'd, and correctly, by the AMK MiG-31 and how smoothly it was developed and came about. They then teased the F-14, announced it, hyped it, got other people to hype it, talked it up..and then it all came falling down around them. 

They're focusing on a lot of other kits, the 1/72 Kfir, etc..while dancing around their new "flagship" kit. The most we've seen in terms of actual physical items are the cut dies for the weapons..and that's it.