1 hour ago, jester292 said:

Back on track:

Why has AMK been so silent? 

What I understood is that the guy whom used to post those numerous and mouth-watering follow-ups got ill. I then thought that someone else from their team would have taken over the comm but it did not happen. So we went from almost too much comm to almost no comm at all. I am not saying this as an AMK hater (I actually enjoy their kits tremendously) but more as the way I see things.

Add the pre-order debacle while still progressing on other 1/72 kits, perhaps has it become too awkward to post updates ? Again, only honest observations on my side.

I really wish them success but they really need to clarify things. It sure is not a cure for cancer but here is a modelling forum and you just cannot tease modellers, kick them out of the car and let them guess what will be happening.

I am anyway certain there is a market for an über-detailed 1:48 F-14D (with complete engines and dirty wings) even if T is rumoured to release a (presumably) simpler kit in a short term.

Edited by UpperDeck
17 hours ago, jester292 said:

Back on track:

Why has AMK been so silent? 

Companies (and their reps) are walking on eggshels with every response given, they shouldn't give info so casually on social media.

Ironically, AMK ignoring that was the reason we're in this mess.

This on Britmodeller - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983899-148-grumman-f-14ab-d-tomcat-by-avantgarde-model-kits-3d-rendersschemes-f-14d-release-in-2017/&page=22

I also saw in the inquirer that Tamiya were finally releasing the much anticipated 1/24 Farley Fruitbat. Sadly, it is the Mk VI....

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Petrov27 said:

Looks good - was it still possible to pre-order one of these anywhere?

You should contact Sincere Models, I don't know if they'll honor it, but they still list the AMK F-14D for pre-order on their page:

http://www.sincerehobby.com/product/amk_1_48_grumman_f-14d_tomcat_88007_sincerehobby

It can't hurt to try. Also, I have pre-ordered 5, from two different retailers. So while I will want at least three of those, I may have two to dispose of after this kit is released. I simply ordered more than I would need in order to help ensure that AMK got enough pre-orders to move forward.

Good to see this is moving forward, even if it wasn't exactly communicated in a resounding way. I guess all that matters is plastic in the end.

"The F-14 development team is still hard at work.."

Um..we're ..what..less than two months away from when the first plastic was "hopefully" going to hit the molds?

I would hope the molds have been cut and test shots have been produced by now...but apparently they haven't. 

Sorry folks, looks like no AMK F-14 for Christmas..big shocker. 

9 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

"The F-14 development team is still hard at work.."

Um..we're ..what..less than two months away from when the first plastic was "hopefully" going to hit the molds?

I would hope the molds have been cut and test shots have been produced by now...but apparently they haven't. 

Sorry folks, looks like no AMK F-14 for Christmas..big shocker. 

They've just announced a release of an another kit this month, without having test shots yet.

That's a really good sign of how serious they are with their communication and their scheduling.