2 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Im afraid that by being so open and honest with you all we seem to have created a rod for our own back. 

No matter. That’s my fault. 

Yes, and the community reaction is a real shame in my humble opinion. 

Don't worry about it Martin, in forums for every guy posting something, there are a dozen silent guys just waiting and knowing the kit will be ready when it's ready.

I'm (was) one of them and considering the 63 pages of this ordeal, You have a lot of potential customers for this one :)

25 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

By by the way, totally love your work on the hornet and Orange Jumper. 

That was you wasn’t it?

Yes and thank you

Soon that Tomcat of yours will join them on my pride shelf

9 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Have you guys not kept up with the facebook updates and picture releases on weapons?

"Some" of us don't do Facebook ... maybe more than you realize as concerns the [more mature] modelling community.

9 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

I don’t have time for forums anymore  ... .

That's really too bad  for me since your communications are the reason I'm interested in and buy AMK. I agree totally with Red Dog as concerns the silent rational majority.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K
Just now, Gene K said:

"Some" of us don't do Facebook ... maybe more than you realize as concerns the [more mature] modelling community.

That's really too bad  for me since your communications are the reason I'm interested in and buy AMK. I agree totally with Red Dog as concerns the silent rationale majority.

Gene K

good points....

43 minutes ago, Gene K said:

Gene K

+1

1 hour ago, Gene K said:

That's really too bad  for me since your communications are the reason I'm interested in and buy AMK. I agree totally with Red Dog as concerns the silent rationale majority.

Gene K

Well I am a mature modeler :-) (59) and I use FB and I understand some of your concerns but you can really lock down FB if you think your privacy is a concern. It is a lot easier for a company, say AMK for example or any of the newer small (1-3) employees to create a group on FB and post updates on there rather than post on numerous websites of your company updates.

I would create a FB account and don't accept any friend requests and just join the several hobby groups that are on there. FB as far as I am concerned is just another internet resource.

You can always delete you account if you don't like it. 

3 hours ago, Gene K said:

That's really too bad  for me since your communications are the reason I'm interested in and buy AMK. I agree totally with Red Dog as concerns the silent rational majority.

Gene K

I subscribe to dozens of modelling groups and manufacturers' pages on Facebook and of the thousands and thousands of modelers on these groups, most seem to be Old Farts. Many of which are returning to the hobby after retirement. Just one group, for example, the Grumpy Old Scale Modelers Group has over 15,000 members, most of which are more mature modelers, as you call them, from all over the world. If you haven't been, I would suggest trying it out - it's a huge, vibrant world. I was reluctant too, but now am hooked. The amount of info, new kit info, building tips, etc is enormous and growing every day. Standard forums are drying up because it's much easier to post news and photos on FB.

Just a thought,

Bob

Sierra Scale

Strange - I have never used Facebook, don't even have an account, but I am able to view the links/pics/comments that AMK is putting up there despite that

https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/

Also thank you Martin for coming back here to comment! Can you say how far along are the actual moulds for the new F-14? Or is that still a long ways off till those get cut?

Edited by Petrov27
5 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Modular Bullwinkle from our new release Kfir.

22228340_870490399782455_8602465220344400330_n.jpg

Alright! Now I gotta ask for you to do the version the Marines bought (KIFIR F21?) With that version, I'd be good for at least another kit if not two.  Lastly; with the L29 kit out (I love it), how about some hard points and weapons for it?

gary

5 hours ago, sierrascale said:

I subscribe to dozens of modelling groups and manufacturers' pages on Facebook and of the thousands and thousands of modelers on these groups, most seem to be Old Farts. Many of which are returning to the hobby after retirement. Just one group, for example, the Grumpy Old Scale Modelers Group has over 15,000 members, most of which are more mature modelers, as you call them, from all over the world. If you haven't been, I would suggest trying it out - it's a huge, vibrant world. I was reluctant too, but now am hooked. The amount of info, new kit info, building tips, etc is enormous and growing every day. Standard forums are drying up because it's much easier to post news and photos on FB.

Just a thought,

Bob

Sierra Scale

dang! A get together for us old guys! (I just turned 72)

glt

12 hours ago, Gene K said:

Gene K

Facebook was directly responsible for me finding the missing information I needed to finish the HMH-466 Naked Lady CH-53E decal art. As many Marine Corps squadrons have Facebook pages, I have made contacts with many Marines that have provided a wealth of information on ordnance loads and aircraft markings.

ARC, HS, LSP, Z-5, etc., doesn't even compare when it comes to the information that is available, or that can be found on FB.

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Is the font size larger?  lol

And how well wee know!  I need new glasses and about half my body replaced (girl friend says start at the shoulders and go up).

Doctor says to be thinking about new knees, but then he says he doesn't know where to start. Right now I take no medicines, and finally got my blood pressure down to the low side (it never was super high). Just not fun getting old!

gary

16 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Wow. 

I go away for a little while to concentrate on getting theTomcat out and this what happens. Oh well, all interesting comments. 

AMK are not bankrupt. AMK have not been kidnapped by aliens. 

We are just working extremely hard to get the Tomcat out. 

Martin, welcome back! I for one, am very happy you are able to participate once again. As I stated earlier in this thread, my main issue with the Tomcat production, wasn't the pre-order, it wasn't the fact that it had even been pushed back from its' original date and it surely wasn't this "hope/glee" that AMK was going to ultimately fail. It wasn't even that I had a "burning desire" to get this kit in my hands.

My main issue was that there was no definitive word on whether this project was going to go forward or even what the definitive status was. Yes, I monitored FB and all the places AMK had previously been active, that I was aware of. So a large part of "my issue" has been laid to rest now that you have definitively confirmed that this WILL be going forward and that the plan still is to release it soon.

So once again, welcome back. Speaking only for myself, I welcome any input/information/news you can share and I thank you in advance. As a question for those who already own the kit, what are the main changes with the re-released 48th Kfir kit?

Rick