17 hours ago, sierrascale said:

Standard forums are drying up because it's much easier to post news and photos on FB.

Thanks for the words, Bob, in particular about the FB groups. Sad if in fact ARC, BM, HS, LSP, Z-5, etc are "drying up" since I really enjoy the folks on those forums.   The format of forums  seem to be much more organized and easier to follow than the FB links I've visited ... but then, my FB experience is extremely limited.

At any rate, I spend way too much time as it is on the computer, so a FB account is not in my future.

Gene K

5 hours ago, Gene K said:

Thanks for the words, Bob, in particular about the FB groups. Sad if in fact ARC, BM, HS, LSP, Z-5, etc are "drying up" since I really enjoy the folks on those forums.   The format of forums  seem to be much more organized and easier to follow than the FB links I've visited ... but then, my FB experience is extremely limited.

At any rate, I spend way too much time as it is on the computer, so a FB account is not in my future.

Gene K

I understand, Gene. I had  thought FB was only for teens and middle-aged women. But the modeling world is HUGE on FB. And as the Roof-man said above there are also hundreds, probably thousands, of aircraft and aviation related groups of all kinds, like Cold War Aircraft, SAC Aircraft, WWII aircraft, Boneyard aircraft,  not to mention individual aircraft-related groups, like groups for B-58s, F-106s, Italian aircraft, etc. Basically, any group for any aircraft that anyone wants to cobble together. With vast numbers of photos that folks have posted. I've posted several hundred in the Boneyard group of my MASDC photos from the eighties. 

And as I said, posting a photo, or ten photos, is super easy and can be done directly from your pc or phone, unlike the forum goat-rope of having to have a hosting service such as Flickr or Photobucket.

Anyway, we'll keep the light on over there if you change your mind...

Bob

Sierra Scale  

Firstly, I'm eagerly awaiting the Tomcat, I've got plenty to hack up in the meantime!

Secondly, it's nice to see Martin posting here again. Thank You!

Third, FB is pretty nice, but I also like to archive builds and threads, etc for reference. I don't believe FB gives you that kind of option. Perhaps I'm wrong?

Lastly, Photobucket should burn....

On October 14, 2017 at 3:18 AM, Gene K said:

Gene K

Don't get me started on how Zuckerburg's little devil spawn is bringing about the end to civilization as we know it....

That said, I find a significant number of outfits have bailed from forums altogether or, like AMK, don't spend as much time marketing on them as they do FB

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

So...

Roughly 6 weeks left in the year.  I think it's safe to say we're not going to see it in 2017..but it would be nice to have an official "It's not coming out in 2017". 

Think can safely say it's not gonna happen.

27 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Think can safely say it's not gonna happen.

I think so too...unfortunately. Not that I do not have enough F-14s yet ;-)

For the remider of this year I woul dbe happy to find a shop for the new Kfir kit, the one with the civilian markings, is Europe!

cheers

Uwe

On 20/11/2017 at 6:11 PM, Jonathan_Lotton said:

So...

Roughly 6 weeks left in the year.  I think it's safe to say we're not going to see it in 2017..but it would be nice to have an official "It's not coming out in 2017". 

The new "retooled" kfir, announced to be released last month, didn't show up either.

And of course, no picture of the supposed retooled parts.

Funny thing:

- Modelcollect announced a B-2 in september 2016.

- they release it now.

- AMK announced a F-14 in June 2015.

- no plastic part picture yet.

Patience...it will arrive any day now....................................

CRK70jsWEAAzUwN.jpg

...they said so........................................................................

doubt we will see this before 2nd quarter 2018 myself. If it shows earlier, fantastic, but at this point it seems still a ways out though I don't think there has been much word (has anyone who does facebook checked their site/page lately?)

12 hours ago, shion said:

The new "retooled" kfir, announced to be released last month, didn't show up either.

And of course, no picture of the supposed retooled parts.

Funny thing:

- Modelcollect announced a B-2 in september 2016.

- they release it now.

- AMK announced a F-14 in June 2015.

- no plastic part picture yet.

Spru Brothers has them in stock. I'm ordering two tomorrow morning. 

gary