18 hours ago, shion said:

The new "retooled" kfir, announced to be released last month, didn't show up either.

And of course, no picture of the supposed retooled parts.

Well, the kit you are claiming "hasn't shown up" is for sale at Sprue Bros. and I am sure other retailers.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/amk88001-a.htm

3 hours ago, 305swag said:

Anyone seen Bigfoot?

Just lots of drawings and CAD but nothing definitive as of yet...

Bigfoot-sighting-PixelBoom.jpg

...its just a matter of time though before we see concrete proof of it's existence...

:rolleyes:

Pffft...

So AMK has set an expectation they can't meet and is hiding under a rock in the hopes you forget they were going to have the -14D released this year.

Sarcastic memes and Bigfoot jokes aside, who's now not going to buy one because of this treatment?

Yeah, I thought so.  Posturing....

Edited by Sabre Freak

On the F-14...I think AMK is afraid of releasing this kit! They seem to be a rather small business and the (excellent) kits relased so far were of a type that only attracts a limited number of customers. An F-14 in 1/48 on the other hand is a main stream holy cow kit...just like a BF-109, Spitfire or a Phantom. And even though there is really no need for a new 109 in 1/48 since both Eduard and Zvezda are excellent, I am sure the new Tamiya 109 will sell in the 5 digit range within a month after it's apperance. The same would be true for, what is announced as the ultimate 1/48 Tomcat from AMK. I am not sure if AMK has the potential to justify the market yet? I hope they have...but if not, releasing it but only in small numbers would be worse for their reputation then not releasing it at all. Fingers crossed that I am wrong ;-)

cheers

Uwe

PS: Still no European shop with the new Kfir... :-(

4 hours ago, anj4de said:

On the F-14...I think AMK is afraid of releasing this kit! They seem to be a rather small business and the (excellent) kits relased so far were of a type that only attracts a limited number of customers. An F-14 in 1/48 on the other hand is a main stream holy cow kit...just like a BF-109, Spitfire or a Phantom. And even though there is really no need for a new 109 in 1/48 since both Eduard and Zvezda are excellent, I am sure the new Tamiya 109 will sell in the 5 digit range within a month after it's apperance. The same would be true for, what is announced as the ultimate 1/48 Tomcat from AMK. I am not sure if AMK has the potential to justify the market yet? I hope they have...but if not, releasing it but only in small numbers would be worse for their reputation then not releasing it at all. Fingers crossed that I am wrong ;-)

cheers

Uwe

PS: Still no European shop with the new Kfir... :-(

Given Uwe's thoughts:

I would expect that they would NOT let us know if they hit the number.  

If they acknowledged reaching the 5k pre-order mark,  and did not deliver in December 2017 they would take a huge hit in their reputation.  A hit they could possibly never recover from, as theirs is a premium product sold to a discriminating audience.

My speculation is that they did hit the 5k pre-order mark, and for whatever reason, could not hit their production date commitment.  

Given the trickle (to be kind) of communications, from AMK  all that we have IS speculation. 

I am still in for my commitment.  Hopefully AMK will come thru soon. 

20 minutes ago, ytsejam87 said:

Given Uwe's thoughts:

If they acknowledged reaching the 5k pre-order mark,  and did not deliver in December 2017 they would take a huge hit in their reputation.  A hit they could possibly never recover from, as theirs is a premium product sold to a discriminating audience.

My speculation is that they did hit the 5k pre-order mark, and for whatever reason, could not hit their production date commitment.  

Given the trickle (to be kind) of communications, from AMK  all that we have IS speculation. 

Ya, I can dig that. But, it seams they should be saying something... And soon. 

48 minutes ago, ytsejam87 said:

Given Uwe's thoughts:

I'm sorry, but I don't get this thing about "deliver" and "hit for their reputation". Model making has patience at it's heart, it's the essence of the whole hobby. You can't rush when you want to build a good model and you shouldn't rush when creating a model kit either. As long as AMK still exists and they haven't given up on creating this kit all is well as far as I'm concerned.

And even if something did go awfully wrong - they have released a few very nice kits already, most of which are in people's stashes and still require building so it's really not the end of the world. It would be a shame for them as a company and individuals, but no modeller will die because AMK haven't released their Tomcat.

Jeffrey

14 minutes ago, JeffreyK said:

I'm sorry, but I don't get this thing about "deliver" and "hit for their reputation". Model making has patience at it's heart, it's the essence of the whole hobby. You can't rush when you want to build a good model and you shouldn't rush when creating a model kit either. As long as AMK still exists and they haven't given up on creating this kit all is well as far as I'm concerned.

And even if something did go awfully wrong - they have released a few very nice kits already, most of which are in people's stashes and still require building so it's really not the end of the world. It would be a shame for them as a company and individuals, but no modeller will die because AMK haven't released their Tomcat.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey,

Yes, you are correct that no one will die, because AMK did release, or will not release their Tomcat.  And, in my opinion, you are quite correct on model making, as well as model creation.  Time (as well s given and acquired skill, and of course money) is what we put into our kit-building, and we all typically enjoy when vendors put extra time and effort into making their kits that we consume.  The more time they put in making their kits easy to build and ensuring that their kits are accurate, the more we typically purchase, and subsequently, purchase on reputation.

It is also my opinion that,  there are a few of us out here, that answered the call when AMK asked us to "pre-order".  This request also came with the thought that if they hit that 5k preorder mark, that the kit would be produced and available In December 2017.  We all did not make up these dates and numbers, AMK did.  Given their reputation with the quality of their previous kits, alot of folks said "I am in, I will buy (at least) one".  I speculate that there were more than 5000 kits that were pre-ordered.  Then, we hear, essentially, nothing from AMK concerning the preorder.  Frankly, since I did not put cash out for my pre-order, I am not at all concerned, and only commenting about the circumstance.  But, as I have said before, I would like to add their kits to my stash!  I don't (nor do I believe anyone here) wants AMK to rush thru and put out a sub par product.  I want AMK to succeed.  

As this is a modeling forum, speculation on new kits, as well as discussions about companies that support our hobby will continue.  Building beautiful models (of which I cannot say I can do just yet) is a goal we all have.  Additionally hits as well as props to reputations of companies will continue, and I think demonstrate that this forum is still alive and well.  It is all quite fun!