Its complete with a jet blast deflector and includes a couple of figures if I remember correctly. I bought one a while ago just for a planned Tomcat project. It’s waiting for the AMK kit. :-)

e. We are contacting all the distributors to join this activity now

/facepalm

a. You can have 10-15% discount of our MSRP if your preorder now, plus one US Ordnance Set #1 for free. 
b. Our MSRP is not the same in different markets. Please contact our local distributor for updated information.

That's a big change in policy.  One of the things they  tried to stress as a point of pride with the MiG-31 is that you would pay the same price anywhere in the world.

f. Modelers are requested to make payment for the preorder. And therefore, we will charge our distributors.

Oh.  This isn't about customer service at all; they're trying to raise money.  Which makes point e.) all the more facepalm-ey.  Do they seriously not understand that they need to line up their retail partners before they send customers out to buy their kits?  

I can also see it being really damaging in the long term, since they've effectively thrown their distribution network under the bus... and are telling customers to buy from the competition instead. 

4 hours ago, modelingbob said:

I'll be buying the AMK Tomcat if it ever materializes. I will NOT be paying for a pre-order up front since the word vaporware comes to mind. 

Please note that I'm unaware of what planet some of you guys reside on. I pre-ordered two kits from Victory models a few months back, and those people have yet to take one dime out of my bank account. If you paid in advance when AMK said you'd be billed when the kits arrive, then I got a bridge to sell you.

gary

You must have missed this evidently new policy of pre-paying for the Tomcat that was posted from AMK. And as of this morning, Victory Models was not listed as a potential vendor for the Tomcat. 

<<<f. Modelers are requested to make payment for the preorder. And therefore, we will charge our distributors.>>>

32 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

Please note that I'm unaware of what planet some of you guys reside on. I pre-ordered two kits from Victory models a few months back, and those people have yet to take one dime out of my bank account. If you paid in advance when AMK said you'd be billed when the kits arrive, then I got a bridge to sell you.

gary

Yup! I pre-ordered from Victory for Zero dollars,  and am waiting for the list to be updated, as AMK stated on the FB post. As of a few hours ago, NO US vendor was listed, so getting twisted up about it, as some are doing, seems a bit - premature.

<<<f. Modelers are requested to make payment for the preorder. And therefore, we will charge our distributors.>>>

If I were a distributor who accepted a "pre-order" from a customer and was then told by the manufacturer that I would be charged for that pre-order without receiving any form of payment from the customer, there's no way in he11 I'm accepting that charge on vapor-styrene.

I have to say that after seeing the plastic that AMK put into the box of their updated Kfir kit, I am not at all looking forward to the F-14D (even in the unlikely event that it was only ONE kit). I can only hope that the folks at AMK get their chit together, before this kit hits the street. Otherwise, it's game over as far as I am concerned.

Edited by madmanrick
59 minutes ago, madmanrick said:

I have to say that after seeing the plastic that AMK put into the box of their updated Kfir kit, I am not at all looking forward to the F-14D (even in the unlikely event that it was only ONE kit). I can only hope that the folks at AMK get their chit together, before this kit hits the street. Otherwise, it's game over as far as I am concerned.

I have to agree. I saw the same Kfir pictures you saw on page-2 of the AMK Kfir thread (and the banana shaped Mk. 82's) and seeing as how AMK has already stated that they are going to use the same unpolished molding techniques on the F-14D when... if... they start punching those out and the QC concerns me.  

Regards,

Don

This thread has been lingering for two and a half years, and nobody is any closer to holding an AMK F-14B in their hands. Had AMK just been more up front and stated "look, we are short of capital for this project - you can order directly from us and we will get this done as soon as we have xxxx kits pre-ordered". However, every message AMK has sent tries to present this series of delays in a positive light. I get it - they haven't made the kind of return they had expected. Just tell people that and stop this doubletalk.

4 hours ago, jgrease said:

This thread has been lingering for two and a half years, and nobody is any closer to holding an AMK F-14B in their hands. Had AMK just been more up front and stated "look, we are short of capital for this project - you can order directly from us and we will get this done as soon as we have xxxx kits pre-ordered". However, every message AMK has sent tries to present this series of delays in a positive light. I get it - they haven't made the kind of return they had expected. Just tell people that and stop this doubletalk.

I second the suggestion about direct marketing ala Wingnuts Wings...at least until enough finacial and personal resources are available to go to market in the traditional way...

cheers

Uwe

8 hours ago, madmanrick said:

Thanks for info :-( can you write some details, what is problem?

21 minutes ago, mario krijan said:

...well, yes, but nothing dramtical. Worst point are the mis-molded bombs which are not a big issue for me. I guess it's more a general surprise after seeing previous AMK kist...

10 hours ago, Don said:

...  AMK has already stated that they are going to use the same unpolished molding techniques on the F-14D  [as they used on their new Kfir]... .

Hello Don,

Could you point me to where and why AMK stated that, please? Did they state why and what the results would be?

The over-reaction (!!) by some to pictures purporting to show rough texture on the new Kfir is a shame since it's apparently dissuading some to  get that kit. Yes, it's there in a small area (and it shouldn't be!), but a few swipes of a fine sanding stick will smooth it to match the rest of the kit.

Gene K