On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, murad said:

what would C3PO say?

going seriously off topic but if the lasers are getting this advanced day by day what prevents abandoning the molds and shaping the plastic lumps itself directly via laser - it can be dialed down to barely scratch human tissue, no? a lot of plastic would go to waste that's given but considering the amount of fuss caused by mold making one would wonder which'd be cheaper, easier, faster and accurate....?

and even better way to do this is via powdered metal casting. You use a 3d cut part as a master to form the mold under pressure. Then literally bake it. Very accurate (+/- .003"). We made gears that way, and were 90% ready to use when they came out of the mold.

gary

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, F-16 said:

Do we have a definite MSRP for the Tomcat yet? Has the price fluctuated any in the last few months?

What will be the current MSRP?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Marten stated several times it will come in at the same price as the Mig31 kits in the past.

glt

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 3:02 PM, ChesshireCat said:

must be an off shore rig, as the first thing I saw was an electron beam with a wire feed into some where. Late 1970's technology. The basic cone would be turned on a CNC lathe in roughly six or seven minutes. The mill work for the blades is done everyday in the jet engine business, BUT they have another process to virtually make those blades come out perfect (if need be). 

For those in the know and those wanting to know; the machine time for a compressor blade is roughly three minutes. The finish process takes about twenty seconds. Don't ask how.

glt

So how many people were killed during the making of that video?

2 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

don't know a lot about machine safety do you?  I built machinery for 34 years and ran a tool room operation at the sametime. I do have a clue!!

glt

R-E-L-A-X. I could have asked for proof, but didn't......therefore I guess I win the Internet.

3 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

F-14 will be a similar price to the MiG-31, there or thereabouts.

Not long now, I have seen the molds.

OK, the Tomcat is looming on the horizon! Then will you start giving some hints on the secret projects? 

An F100d would completely destroy what's left of my checking account, but cat food isn't that bad to eat

gary

Not so quick...let them show the Tomcat first! And then of course let's see how long it takes to make it available globally. The new 1/48 Kfir has still not arrived in Germany...only one dealer shows it as a preview with delivery potentially mid Feb. :-(

thx

Uwe

Edited by anj4de
5 minutes ago, goondman said:

People also claim to have seen Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, Elvis, Martiians/aliens and Elvis. :-/

Word. Let me tell you, when Bigfoot the Loch Ness monster Elvis and martians get together, they have quite the party!

3 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Word. Let me tell you, when Bigfoot the Loch Ness monster Elvis and martians get together, they have quite the party!

Dude...

30936.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice detailing around the spoilers on the wing. Interesting that they are molding the canopy clear parts separate from the frame. Might be tricky cutting the clear parts from their sprues as there is no frame for the sprue to attach to.