• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

HobbyEasy just charged my credit card. Does that mean we are close? 

Aaron 

Drop them an email and ask? Their customer service is pretty responsive. Then come back here and let us know. Their release date is 4/10/18. (Not that I want to blow up the internet with that statement......)

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Additional Info
1 hour ago, Solo said:

Do you believe that AMK could have ready all moulds and sprues to launch model in next 3 weeks and not show it anywhere?

Don't think so.

You sound a tad cynical. How about a little faith in AMK.......................:stooges:

I cannot believe such a let down in communication from AMK. We went from too much trumpeting talk to almost nothing.

Isn't there something possible in between ?

Like 1 honest monthly follow up ? Or are their hands so full that they cannot spare 5 minutes for 1 simple follow up ?

I read the story about the factory priority business part, then the model kit moulding if it becomes a priority (massive order ? In advance payments ? Relax, these are only guesses) but... can you build customer confidence by telling them "you're coming after, or buy tons and you may become a priority" ?

Do all young small model kit producers work this way ?

Edited by UpperDeck
Brand confusion
3 hours ago, UpperDeck said:

I cannot believe such a let down in communication from GWH. We went from too much trumpeting talk to almost nothing.

Isn't there something possible in between ?

Like 1 honest monthly follow up ? Or are their hands so full that they cannot spare 5 minutes for 1 simple follow up ?

I read the story about the factory priority business part, then the model kit moulding if it becomes a priority (massive order ? In advance payments ? Relax, these are only guesses) but... can you build customer confidence by telling them "you're coming after, or buy tons and you may become a priority" ?

Do all young small model kit producers work this way ?

I think you mean AMK not GWH, Great Wall Hobbies have nothing to do with the AMK F-14 Tomcat.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I think you mean AMK not GWH, Great Wall Hobbies have nothing to do with the AMK F-14 Tomcat.

Outch,  double outch, yes I didn't mean GWH... AMK of course, my apologies. I'll edit my post.

5 hours ago, Gunfighter 124 said:

Nice, these wings will look good on the Tamiya F-14....:evil-laughter:

Actually not a bad idea since it looks like you get two versions of the wings, one clean and one with everything hanging out. I could replace the KASL ones I have for the Tamiya kit. Hmmmm...

I can see that on those wings panel lines are significant wider then subtle lines on Tamiya's Tomcat.
I am sure those wings could looks strange together with Tamiya's hull.

Edited by Solo

Looks like the mad trencher has been at work at AMK....

They look significantly deeper and wider than the Mig-31 which was already to prominent with regard to panel lines.

Ouch...

Off to a buy a couple more of Darrens F-14D conversions looking at those photos.

Edited by dehowie