12 hours ago, B.Sin said:

How do you already know the Tamiya come Tomcat is ahead? Have you seen the tooling or test shots?

Producing an injected plastic kit is an industrial project. It's a question of factual engineering capabilities, not of faith. Doing fine sharp and consistent surface detailing requires very high quality, very precise, very expensive CNC and EDM machines.

Compare the surface details of the top wing flaps.

Tamiya: sharp zigzagging line

http://www.cyber-hobby.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=15031&pic=11&products_image_large_additional=images%2Fmodelkits%2FTA61114_3.jpg

AMK: row of dots

https://scontent.flim5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29432727_950602318437929_9193027158661914292_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeE4SFODgTiNABx50bN0NGKAfry8Lar_z35pwziALrqsROJ7FxJuNZ8ZR730qDDGOrqn5GWep_csd3Iv0l5YMW3nAqTPM6OIygLhabmlZg5uSg&oh=1723fe9e95a11c07ab5199c010f01303&oe=5B48ACC9

15 hours ago, B.Sin said:

How do you already know the Tamiya come Tomcat is ahead? Have you seen the tooling or test shots?

Well...I have both releases of the AMK MiG-31 and neither beats Tamiya on surface detail, sorry.  Again, I'm NOT saying that AMK may not produce a very nice Tomcat.  It just won't be a Tamiya "quality" Tomcat.  Features aside, AMK simply won't produce what Tamiya has produced.  Perhaps one day, 

2 hours ago, Laurent said:

Producing an injected plastic kit is an industrial project. It's a question of factual engineering capabilities, not of faith. Doing fine sharp and consistent surface detailing requires very high quality, very precise, very expensive CNC and EDM machines.

http://www.cyber-hobby.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=15031&pic=11&products_image_large_additional=images%2Fmodelkits%2FTA61114_3.jpg

https://scontent.flim5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29432727_950602318437929_9193027158661914292_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeE4SFODgTiNABx50bN0NGKAfry8Lar_z35pwziALrqsROJ7FxJuNZ8ZR730qDDGOrqn5GWep_csd3Iv0l5YMW3nAqTPM6OIygLhabmlZg5uSg&oh=1723fe9e95a11c07ab5199c010f01303&oe=5B48ACC9

Exactly!! These two examples clearly demonstrate why, features aside, the Tamiya Tomcat will remain the BEST Tomcat out there in terms of quality.

It's simple, really...Given the choice of F-14Ds between AMK and Tamiya people WILL go with Tamiya most of the time...regardless of the features AMK may come up with.

My opinion only, of course.

Haha, Guys,

No need to compare! I respectfully expressed many times in public, big T's mold quality and design is the best in the world. And, we had been learning from their plastic in the past over 10 years.

We just wish you like AMK kits also. 

5 hours ago, Laurent said:

Things that strike me the most, is the fact that on the third wing, in background, totally out of focus, panel lines are so deep and wide, that you can see them.

Edited by shion
6 hours ago, Laurent said:

Yes, I know that. I didn't think it could grow in the backyard.

3 hours ago, Sio said:

Haha, Guys,

No need to compare! I respectfully expressed many times in public, big T's mold quality and design is the best in the world. And, we had been learning from their plastic in the past over 10 years.

Like AMK kits? Yes!

Like AMK's "soon, on its way,  not long now, another pre order, bla, bla, bla, bla"? Abso-friggen-lutely NO!!!!!!

Just saying

7 hours ago, Laurent said:

Yes, I know that. I didn't think it grew in the backyard.

3 hours ago, Sio said:

Haha, Guys,

Sio,  AMK  can't do the same?

15 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Sio,  AMK  can't do the same?

No. No. Not the same. AMK picture is just showing the first trial of plastics.

It will be the same AMK quality, or a bit better.

22 minutes ago, goondman said:

Like AMK kits? Yes!

Like AMK's "soon, on its way,  not long now, another pre order, bla, bla, bla, bla"? Abso-friggen-lutely NO!!!!!!

Just saying

Small company issue. Bear with us.

14 minutes ago, Sio said:

No. No. Not the same. AMK picture is just showing the first trial of plastics.

It will be the same AMK quality, or a bit better.

Thank you Sio. Please make it as good as Tamiya quality.

Just now, B.Sin said:

Thank you Sio. Please make it as good as Tamiya quality.

We are just a little baby. Better don't compare.

We will try our best to make it as good as possible anyhow.

"I JUST WANT MY KITS!!! OMG WORST SITUATION EVER!"

-Someone who probably has 200+ kits "in the stash" that they could build in the meantime yet are now bored of it

I get it, I'm eager for the kits too, I'm on the hook for two myself..but lets just...lean the pitchforks against the barn for a while. 

32 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

"I JUST WANT MY KITS!!! OMG WORST SITUATION EVER!"

-Someone who probably has 200+ kits "in the stash" that they could build in the meantime yet are now bored of it

I get it, I'm eager for the kits too, I'm on the hook for two myself..but lets just...lean the pitchforks against the barn for a while. 

I agree.  We all want a healthy modeling industry, and having new companies releasing quality product is a good thing.  I would say (given the 76 pages of posts and counting)we are all "in it to win it", and are anxiously awaiting to see how far AMK knocks  the ball out of the park.

7 hours ago, galileo1 said:

Exactly!! These two examples clearly demonstrate why, features aside, the Tamiya Tomcat will remain the BEST Tomcat out there in terms of quality.

It's simple, really...Given the choice of F-14Ds between AMK and Tamiya people WILL go with Tamiya most of the time...regardless of the features AMK may come up with.

My opinion only, of course.

got my hip waders on

glt

4 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Looks great to me! Can't wait! Tomcat - down and dirty - wings spread -ready to leap off the deck and pounce on the bad guys. Tamiya- great museum display. AMK - great live action diorama bird. Love'em all. Buy'em all. Release the decal stash! 

Well said. 

Regarding the (horrible) panel lines, hasn't that tune been played on several other threads and releases over the past few years?  All based on photographs, with much carping and hand-wringing until the kit is actually released.... Looking at my AMK Foxhound, those panel lines made a fine allowance for paint. Will they be as fine as the Tamiya kit? Don't know until it's in my sweaty little claws!

So the pictures above and wing pictures on the previous page are the current state of where AMK is with the kit and not older pictures? If so it seems we're still a ways away from release then I'd imagine.