35 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Great information - thank you.

We have most books on the subject. I have the DACO book and was fortunate enough to meet him at Telford last year. Nice bloke.

I'll tell Sio.

I'm so confused !

On 4/12/2018 at 12:24 PM, Solo said:

I bought it almost year ago, and still don't have one in my stash...

24 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Why is that? I don't know who Solo is other than someone here on ARC.

Sio and Solo are different people. Sio is AMK :)

:thumbsup:

Thank you Martin, it was actually a joke. No model is perfect. A plane that had a career over 20 years, all of the field changes made, upgrades, etc, etc.

I would imagine it's hard to work all that into one tooling.

35 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Oh hahaha. Sorry Brad. I didn't get it - I am slow so forgive me. LOL.

It's from a TV show from the 70s. Called Welcome Back Kotter. Starring John Travolta. Whenever the John Travolta character became overwhelmed, he would say "I'm so confused". LOL.

Unless you're familiar with the show, you may not understand.

28 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

It's from a TV show from the 70s. Called Welcome Back Kotter. Starring John Travolta. Whenever the John Travolta character became overwhelmed, he would say "I'm so confused". LOL.

Unless you're familiar with the show, you may not understand.

I had forgotten that! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I can hear Vinny Barbarino saying that! Now I'm going to be singing the theme song the rest of the day. "Welcome back..."

Edited by Darren Roberts
23 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I had forgotten that! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I can hear Vinny Barbarino saying that! Now I'm going to be singing the theme song the rest of the day. "Welcome back..."

Ha!

23 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Now I'm going to be singing the theme song the rest of the day. "Welcome back..."

Allow me...

16 hours ago, GW8345 said:

The injector air intake would change if the aircraft was converted from an Alpha to either a Bravo or Delta.

The reason for the different location is where the injector air intake was on the engine, hence, the TF-30 and F110 injector air intakes were not in the same location.

hth

GW

thanks for your input, and thanks for the quick answer

gary

• 2 weeks later...

They do it for one year.

They change release date every month, few weeks ago it was 5-30-2018.

I ordered and paid for this kit there on 9th of May last year.

Edited by Solo
10 hours ago, Solo said:

They do it for one year.

I think I'd be finding another dealer to work with. I ordered two kits from Victory, and have yet to be billed for them.

gary

15 hours ago, modelingbob said:

Verrrrrry Interesting!!!

HobbyEasy accepting pre-orders with a release date of 5-30-2018

Pre-sale price of $54.52 !!!!

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/tare0bal4idjzfrztyrj.html

11 hours ago, Solo said:

They do it for one year.

The dates on the Hobbyeasy website are just there as a placeholder.

3 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

I ordered two kits from Victory, and have yet to be billed for them.

Hobbyeasy takes your credit card info but does not charge the card until they are ready to ship.

4 hours ago, Solo said:

So why they charged my card for this F-14D on may 2017?

14 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

I was sent a Paypal invoice (problem with my credit card I guess) and they charged me for it. The 54 bucks has already been taken out of the bank. 

I can only relate my own experience. I have both the Su-34 and the F-101B on pre-order and my credit card has not been charged. When I pre-ordered the GWH Su-35 they did not charge my credit card until they had the kit in hand and ready to ship. I suggest you write them and ask.

36 minutes ago, Solo said:

Why, I have paid for my F-14D and now I only wait for this kit available.

Thought you sounded a bit peeved in your first post, up to you whether it is a concern or not. Personally, I don't like being charged for something until they have it in stock and ready to ship. An ethical thing with me I guess. But, each to their own, right?

On 4/12/2018 at 8:27 PM, Skull Leader said:

With respect, this was a poor choice.  It is always better to leave a panel blank and let a modeler fill in the detail of their choice instead of including detail that isn't there on all aircraft. Obviously not a deal-breaker, but still an annoyance.

(you didn't ask me, I know... but it was worth pointing out)

On this subject, I'm collecting opinions in "Tools n Tips." If you guys would reply to my post there, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Patrick

On 2018-04-26 at 5:35 PM, strikeeagle801 said:

I was sent a Paypal invoice (problem with my credit card I guess) and they charged me for it. The 54 bucks has already been taken out of the bank. 

Aaron. 

That weird, I just purchased something from them and had to pay with credit card, it said PayPal is under test, do not use. I prefer using PayPal. It was a pre-order too and they didn’t charge me.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

That weird, I just purchased something from them and had to pay with credit card, it said PayPal is under test, do not use. I prefer using PayPal. It was a pre-order too and they didn’t charge me.

I noticed that too. When checking out there was a small link for PayPal with text stating not to use, for testing purposes only.

12 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

My credit card was declined for some reason, so they sent me a Paypal invoice, which I paid, and they took the money out of my bank. I was not aware they don't normally take Paypal. 

Aaron 

I went ahead and ordered the kit. $54 + $14 shipping is too good to pass up. I wanted to use Paypal too but it was not available.