12 minutes ago, joscasle said:

Tamiya will release their second Tomcat in 1/48 in less time that AMK released at least one!!

AMK will give you the choice of clean wings, and dirty wings, and a bucket load of weapons. I'm sure they'll be other features, like positional speed

breaks. AMK is at the Shizuoka Hobby Show in Japan right now, I'm sure we will have some photos posted soon. Just saying.

Edited by B.Sin
2 hours ago, Solo said:

Today I celebrate my first anniversary of AMK F-14D preorder. :)

Congrats and enjoy!

:beer4:

2 hours ago, B.Sin said:

AMK will give you the choice of clean wings, and dirty wings, and a bucket load of weapons. I'm sure they'll be other features, like positional speed

breaks. AMK is at the Shizuoka Hobby Show in Japan right now, I'm sure we will have some photos posted soon. Just saying.

Not to be rude..and not to discount AMK because I do have two on pre-order and plan to follow through with my purchase..

But Tamiya has completed models, in person, ready to go, right now. They'll likely be shipping by late July. AMK has a few sprue test shots and a completed test wing..otherwise nothing but weapons sprues. 

This is the same problem Eduard is having right now with their 1/48 P-51 family..they announced it three years ago, have been hyping it..people are all in on it..yet Airfix has swooped in and gobbled up a TON of sales with their 1/48 P-51D. 

AMK needs to put a little nitro in their tank and hurry the hell up. 

11 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

AMK needs to put a little nitro in their tank and hurry the hell up. 

Let's be honest.

It's too late.

The Tamiya Delta will be front news in all modelling magazines this spring and this summer.

It will be released this summer, it will stay in the spotlight long time.

It is the worst moment to release a direct concurrent.

And it's Tamiya, moulds will not disappear in oblivion in few years, they will last decades.

So, it's too late.

They had a very large window, 3 years....3 years,

they waste it,

they lost.

6 minutes ago, shion said:

Let's be honest.

It's too late.

The Tamiya Delta will be front news in all modelling magazines this spring and this summer.

And it's Tamiya, moulds will not disappear in oblivion in few years, they will last decades.

So, it's too late.

they waste it,

they lost.

Gee, what a Debbie downer you are!

15 minutes ago, shion said:

Let's be honest.

It's too late.

So, it's too late.

they waste it,

they lost.

Word.

7 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Gee, what a Debbie downer you are!

When he's right, he's right.

I'm in the same boat as Jon, I've got a preorder, but given how amazing the engineering on the tamiya kit has been, just having an option for dropped flaps and a few more weapons I likely won't use aren't exactly selling points any more. Maybe the AMK will be better somehow, but probably not enough to overcome Tamiyas street cred.

Now the price has to be competitive in order to make it marketable, and if AMK can't swing a sub-$80 price point, they're effectively cutting their own legs off.

I never bought into the hype of the AMK kit.  Now that I’ve seen the Tamiya F-14D sprues I’m glad I didn’t. If this kit ever come to fruition I’ll pass.  A better use of AMK’s time would have been on the MiG 25. 

8 minutes ago, okthree said:

I never bought into the hype of the AMK kit.  Now that I’ve seen the Tamiya F-14D sprues I’m glad I didn’t. If this kit ever come to fruition I’ll pass.  A better use of AMK’s time would have been on the MiG 25. 

Or an Su-25 

16 minutes ago, Vaildog said:

Or an Su-25 

The actually have plans on doing the Mig25 sometime in the future. As for the F14d, I'll simply wait. Not costing me a dime, and have zero desire for the others but with one exception. I ordered two Fine Molds F14a's the otherday

gary

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

The actually have plans on doing the Mig25 sometime in the future. As for the F14d, I'll simply wait. Not costing me a dime, and have zero desire for the others but with one exception. I ordered two Fine Molds F14a's the otherday

gary

The FineMolds 1/72 F-14 are great!! Shame they didn't upscale the Delta model to 1/48.

2 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

The[y] actually have plans on doing the Mig25 sometime in the future...

Key words highlighted, bold, and italics based on the ongoing (never ending...?)  F-14D saga. One could ask how far in the future...3,6, 9+ years?. Will another company come along in the meantime and beat them to market? In my opinion AMK should have stayed focused on Russian aircraft and lesser modeled yet interesting/popular aircraft and avoided a subject like the F-14. Their Mig-31 is a great kit, fun to build, and they should have immediately followed that up with the Mig-25 and its derivatives (again, only my opinion). Heck, I am not even a fan of Russian aircraft and I bought two AMK Mig-31's so I would be all over a Mig -25 or two by them (and I doubt I'm  alone in this sentiment ). Modelers with an interest in Russian/Soviet aircraft would fawn all over AMK had they/if they made a name for themselves in producing quality kits of neglected or inaccurate subjects of Russian/Soviet aircraft and other aircraft like the  F-111 series for example. The timing of the Tamiya F-14D release, coupled with AMK not committing to a firm release date for their kit, will impact AMK. To what extent remains to be seen...

6 hours ago, shion said:

Let's be honest.

It's too late.

So, it's too late.

they waste it,

they lost.

Amen!!

I will just wait for AMK and in the mean time buy a Tamiya -D 🙂 Once AMK is ready I will ge that one as well...

I have build Tamiya's -A and it was a wonderful project. But there is a lot of room for AMK to come up with extras the Tamiya main stream (but brilliant) kit does not have.

cheers

Uwe

3 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

That parts break down makes it poosible to easily do a very early -A with the boat tail. If AMK did that version they would have a winner since the Tamiya -A required cutting up the fuselage to get there...

Edited by anj4de