5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

F-111 series would actually interest me more than a Tomcat series. Sad but true. I am more of an Air Force geek I guess, and Maverick and Iceman never really captured my imagination like Robin Olds or Steve Richie.

probably because Olds and Ritchie are real people. They flew aircraft that actually did something.

gary

5 hours ago, Mstor said:

I would definitely prefer it if AMK would had done a F-111 series. We are in dire need of an accurate and detailed F/FB-111 kit.

Yep I've been patiently waiting for someone who cares about producing accurate models to do one for a very long time now. HBs half baked effort was a real slap in the face when that came out in 2010.

55 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

The F-14 is the King, are room for all the brands. Other planes, have to wait their turn...

....with the F-4 as a very close 2nd!  After ZM's attempt to do the untimate Phantom in 1/48 failed there is still a BIG room for Tamiya or AMK to fill that gap!

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, Cool Hand said:

I have to completely disagree with you. An F-111 or F-100 may be of more interest to you, but even if Tamiya were to develop kits of both of the same quality as their F-14. The F-14 line would sell more than the F-111 and F100 lines combined. The Tomcat is iconic to the level that the Aardvark and Super Sabre cannot even come close to. The F-14 is the license to print money, the others - not so much. 

1 hour ago, IAGeezer said:

Wait. What???

few of us have been fortunate enough to see a F111 roll thru a valley at maybe 300 ft of altitude and carrying a full tilt load out. It will make your heart pound like nothing before. Or watch an F100 come thru so low that he's blowing the trees around, and making a special delivery of snakeyes. Or watching an A6 crawl thru a fog bank in a valley while your being soaked in the rain. 

glt

7 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

think about it a little bit. Those guys did it everyday

glt

Oh yes. Those men were studs. Actors seem more akin to those who practice the Oldest profession...

Back to the topic...

While the Tamiya -D is now (obviously) the No.1 on my shopping list that are still funds left! Do we have any sign of life from AMK other then a single test shot? I could even afford both at the same time...;-)

cheers

Uwe

19 hours ago, anj4de said:

Back to the topic...

While the Tamiya -D is now (obviously) the No.1 on my shopping list there are still funds left! Do we have any sign of life from AMK other then a single test shot? I could even afford both at the same time...;-)

cheers

Uwe

Omg, hu

On May 12, 2018 at 6:55 AM, anj4de said:

Back to the topic...

While the Tamiya -D is now (obviously) the No.1 on my shopping list that are still funds left! Do we have any sign of life from AMK other then a single test shot? I could even afford both at the same time...;-)

cheers

Uwe

Omg ! You haven't pre ordered your kit yet?!?! What are you waiting for? Christmas 3023?

15 hours ago, 305swag said:

Omg ! You haven't pre ordered your kit yet?!?! What are you waiting for? Christmas 3023?

Still too early even then maybe...

:woot.gif:

that RIO step paneling and the wing glove lights..... *sigh* 

don't follow Tamiya in their 1/32 mistake by putting that panel over the boarding step... far more airframes went without it. 

Edited by Skull Leader

If these parts and their assembly is indicative of what we can expect from the final product, then the fit looks amazing. One can hardly tell where the joins are. I had to go back and forth between the various photos on Facebook to see where the joins between the forward fuselage and the upper and lower body parts were. Sure hope we are seeing a valid representation.