On 5/16/2018 at 6:00 PM, shion said:

At least, it is consistent.

Overdone panel lines, overdone GPS dome and overdone fences.

Having spent a fair amount of my youth standing  / working on (and in one unfortunate incident, falling from) the real thing, I have to agree. Those panel lines are pretty big. It will be interesting to see how this looks with some primer/paint.

Edited by CJ Martin
grammer is hard
3 hours ago, CJ Martin said:

Haven't spent a fair amount of my youth standing  / working on (and in one unfortunate incident, falling from) the real thing, I have to agree. Those panel lines are pretty big. It will be interesting to see how this looks with some primer/paint.

Understood CJ, but I'm hopeful the panel lines only appear large in the photos like those of the GWH Su-35S. Once I was able to actually have the kit in hand, all was ok.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:00 AM, shion said:

At least, it is consistent.

Overdone panel lines, overdone GPS dome and overdone fences.

Yep...looking at the Shizuoka photos i thought they may have retooled for a step toward finer more petite panel lines...maybe its the light making them look like so heavy.

18 hours ago, anj4de said:

Wow...slide molds at it's best! 

Try getting a resin cockpit in there with a nose gear bay attached or in place.

It will be like putting a ship in a bottle..

Nice tech...much prefer traditional to make the cockpit nosegear bay insertion easier, much easier...

Edited by dehowie
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, Skull Leader said:

that RIO step paneling and the wing glove lights..... *sigh* 

don't follow Tamiya in their 1/32 mistake by putting that panel over the boarding step... far more airframes went without it. 

I'd rather the panel were there and took thirty seconds to remove than end up having to cut out sheet and add it to a subject that needed it. Honestly, if that's the extent of the problem I'll take it.

On 5/17/2018 at 1:13 AM, anj4de said:

Wow...slide molds at it's best! 

That slide moulded front fuselage is meant to kill the after market. After all, its wheel wells and cockpits that are produced in the after market and inserting those in this type of part is next to impossible. Nonetheless, a unique feature and a novel way to break the parts down.

1 hour ago, stalal said:

That slide moulded front fuselage is meant to kill the after market. After all, its wheel wells and cockpits that are produced in the after market and inserting those in this type of part is next to impossible. Nonetheless, a unique feature and a novel way to break the parts down.

Looking at the new Eduard cockpit for the Tamiya bird it will be not an issue to get one made for AMK as well. Eduard is a drop fit into Tamiya. Now...Aires...well they will need to brush up their master making. As nice as they are, getting them fit is always a pain!

cheers

Uwe

1 hour ago, stalal said:

How is a slide molded fuselage going to kill an aftermarket cockpit?

It might kill it because it makes it impossible to fit but it will not surpass it in quality.

A look at the Eduard F-14 set vs the Mig-31 cockpit is like chalk and cheese.

Im just trying to figure out how we are supposed to get a resin cockpit into a single piece front fuselage without ruining either.

Like the ridiculous canopy breakdown showing off tooling technology does little to help modellers.

The Mig-31’s cockpit was one of its weakest points i really cant see them surpassing Eduard or Aires in quality...for quite some time.

Edited by dehowie

Thank you for your kind words. If you klick on it there are a few detail closeups of the painting on

the flickr page, but no other Tomcats I'm afraid, it's only my second piece of aviation art.

I do want to paint more Tomcats though, it's just difficult to choose which one, they are all so beautifull 🙂

9 hours ago, galfa said:

Look at the wings. Don't they look too thick, like in the Hasegawa?

Talking about Shadrik's art ?

A member posts his beautiful art and that's what comes to your mind first ? 👍

15 hours ago, Shadrik said:

Thank you for your kind words. If you klick on it there are a few detail closeups of the painting on

the flickr page, but no other Tomcats I'm afraid, it's only my second piece of aviation art.

I do want to paint more Tomcats though, it's just difficult to choose which one, they are all so beautifull 🙂

Shadrik,

LOVE this print !! Who is the artist, what size is this print and, how much ?? I'd love to add it to my artwork collection.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY!"

Hello, thank you so much for your kind words.

It's not a print I'm afraid. The artist is me (that sounds really wierd). I just finished it yesterday. It is essentially AMK-Tomcat fanart, so to say.

I don't even know if I could sell it, I'm sure there are loads of legal issues with that given that someone holds the rights to the F-14 itself and

there has to be copyright on the markings aswell.

The work itself is digital, painted in photoshop with a graphics monitor and a pressure sensitive pen. It's a really interesting way of painting,

very much similar to painting on canvas and very different at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Shadrik said:

Hello, thank you so much for your kind words.

It's not a print I'm afraid. The artist is me (that sounds really wierd). I just finished it yesterday. It is essentially AMK-Tomcat fanart, so to say.

I don't even know if I could sell it, I'm sure there are loads of legal issues with that given that someone holds the rights to the F-14 itself and

there has to be copyright on the markings aswell.

The work itself is digital, painted in photoshop with a graphics monitor and a pressure sensitive pen. It's a really interesting way of painting,

very much similar to painting on canvas and very different at the same time.

Nice work!

But how do you know we chose this scheme for box art?

Pretty sure there's no issue getting an AM cockpit fit into the single piece fuselage. You out it in the same way you'll put the kits parts in. Maybe it won't fit prior AM cockpits but someone will design one for this specific kit like they do for all the others. If the changes in new technology work better or different than the old, what's the problem. Doing it like everyone else always has doesn't give anything new. I see no point in complaining about something based on pictures and non knowledge of how it actually fits. If the engineering is solid, then this is really exciting. 

Btw, I'm betting the cockpit drops in feom

thr top. And the railing fits over that. Looks pretty cool to me and saves cleaning a seam. 

Brian 

48 minutes ago, Craig Baldwin said:

His words were   "It is essentially AMK-Tomcat fanart" not boxart.

Keep following our facebook. We will show that soon. Our box art is exactly the same scheme. But I don't think he knew that in advance.

40 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Pretty sure there's no issue getting an AM cockpit fit into the single piece fuselage. You out it in the same way you'll put the kits parts in. Maybe it won't fit prior AM cockpits but someone will design one for this specific kit like they do for all the others. If the changes in new technology work better or different than the old, what's the problem. Doing it like everyone else always has doesn't give anything new. I see no point in complaining about something based on pictures and non knowledge of how it actually fits. If the engineering is solid, then this is really exciting. 

Btw, I'm betting the cockpit drops in feom

thr top. And the railing fits over that. Looks pretty cool to me and saves cleaning a seam. 

Brian 

Brian,

You are giving us quite a pressure in making no mistake for that. :wave::wave:

Sio