22 minutes ago, Sio said:

Keep following our facebook. We will show that soon. Our box art is exactly the same scheme. But I don't think he knew that in advance.

Hello, no, I had no idea, I decided to do this one because I find it to be one of the most attractive schemes, it's just beautiful 🙂

1 hour ago, Sio said:

Brian,

You are giving us quite a pressure in making no mistake for that. :wave::wave:

Sio

If AMK does NOT follow the general cockpit designs of even the "big" ones like Tamiya by starting with a tub but in stead mold the side walls and front and rear as seperate parts, all the nice little details that we love on resin cockpits can be easily molded in plastic as well. After all this will not be a beginners kit and the target customer group will not be the same as Monogram's in the 70ties (not age wise...but essentially the same guys, like me). We can cope with a more complex parts break down if it brings more details with it...

cheers

Uwe

9 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Shadrik, that art is amazing mate but how did you know? LOL

Well, my name is Martin too, must have been telepathy :)

Really happy you like it, thank you.

Wow nice box art. I think this AMK will be needed if you are doing a launch diorama as everything hangs down when it is on the catapult. Will have to drop the nose wheel oleo though. I wonder if that option is in the kit? That would be cool. Oh and I guess you would need a crew. Looking forward to this release.

Aren't the exhaust petals supposed to be fully open in AB?

Also, the main gear oleo's are not fully extended?

serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Ftheaviationge

https://scontent.flim9-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33304814_984791515019009_6720318740887502848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHp8qMOQH_aAOiWEoK8AI930a7ZtD-fp_9nejG4Bsp2bOtHsUQAuVUq83Cmsw9QQftfbzxS9iZLhwRCkiJ4S-tXUpaXDV_ntgoX5sqa3_1pew&oh=25ea53d6248839001d71192082fa7655&oe=5BBEBA31

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Edited by F-16
3 hours ago, F-16 said:

Aren't the exhaust petals supposed to be fully open in AB?

Also, the main gear oleo's are not fully extended?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Super Tomcats launched at 100% mil power, not afterburner. The actual photo you have shown was not from a deck launch.

Edited by Skull Leader

I happen to like box art myself and consider it to be part of the whole package. With that said, is it supposed to be launching or doing a touch-n-go? Looks odd to me if it's launching. Either way (as has already been mentioned) the main gear legs need to be fully extended as obviously there's no weight on them while airborne. Also, if it's not in AB would there be a flame coming out/showing in the exhaust or would it just be a black hole with shimmering heat as in gb-madcat-sl's picture a few posts above? If it's launching, would the catapult hold back bar be already in the fully raised position at this stage in launch? Again, some of us collect/keep the box art so that's why we're pointing this stuff out. Personally I like the artwork posted on page-89 of this thread better.

Regards

EDIT: This art by ARC Member Shadrik is very nice in my opinion:thumbsup::

40451927080_2343dbbec7_o.jpg

Edited by Don
3 hours ago, Don said:

I happen to like box art myself and consider it to be part of the whole package. With that said, is it supposed to be launching or doing a touch-n-go? Looks odd to me if it's launching. Either way (as has already been mentioned) the main gear legs need to be fully extended as obviously there's no weight on them while airborne. Also, if it's not in AB would there be a flame coming out/showing in the exhaust or would it just be a black hole with shimmering heat as in gb-madcat-sl's picture a few posts above? If it's launching, would the catapult hold back bar be already in the fully raised position at this stage in launch? Again, some of us collect/keep the box art so that's why we're pointing this stuff out. Personally I like the artwork posted on page-89 of this thread better.

Regards

EDIT: This art by ARC Member Shadrik is very nice in my opinion:thumbsup::

40451927080_2343dbbec7_o.jpg

This is superb.

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

Wow what a buch of spoiled brats... Ive said this before and im gina say it again, manufacturer that take the time to post in our forums and take input from us are RARE. Stop burning them to the ground with the negative attitude. This will result in only one thing, they will stop posting and listening. 

Even Kitty hawk that use to be really active have mostly stop losting here with a good reson. 99.9% comments where NEGATIVE. 

So unless it's important or a valid usefull critique i invite you guys to keep it to yourself. If you want to impress yours friend around a beer kknock yoursef out but keep it off the boards because bashing the box art has no value.

But Neo...it is a forum.

54 minutes ago, Neo said:

Wow what a buch of spoiled brats... Ive said this before and im gina say it again, manufacturer that take the time to post in our forums and take input from us are RARE. Stop burning them to the ground with the negative attitude. This will result in only one thing, they will stop posting and listening. 

Even Kitty hawk that use to be really active have mostly stop losting here with a good reson. 99.9% comments where NEGATIVE. 

So unless it's important or a valid usefull critique i invite you guys to keep it to yourself. If you want to impress yours friend around a beer kknock yoursef out but keep it off the boards because bashing the box art has no value.

THANK YOU!!!!! I wanted to say it but really did not feel like facing the backlash that usually accompanies such comments. People need to lighten up and stop being so anal retentive.

13 minutes ago, habu2 said:

fixted....  😎

Funny but not funny. 

Although its the internet or forums its still civilization. 

Lets keep this place clean enough that moderators dont have to intervenn

Thank you

3 hours ago, jhanna1701 said:

Just going to leave this here...

2.jpg

That aircraft is not in afterburner, that is military setting. Even though you can see some flame, it is not coming out the exhaust, if it was in afterburner, there would be a 15-20 flame coming out the back end.

As stated somewhere above, Tomcat's with the F110 engine were restricted from using afterburner during catapult launches for two reasons; 1) it would burner through the JBD and 2), the aircraft would outrun the catapult shuttle about 60 feet down the cat track (which I have personally seen, twice).

4 hours ago, Don said:

To answer your questions;

With that said, is it supposed to be launching or doing a touch-n-go?

Whether the aircraft is doing a touch n go (bouncing) or launching, the angle of attack is way too high.

Also, if it's not in AB would there be a flame coming out/showing in the exhaust or would it just be a black hole with shimmering heat as in gb-madcat-sl's picture a few posts above?

Yes, there is a flame coming out the back end if afterburner is engaged, the length will depend on what afterburner zone is selected. In zone 5, the flame will be 15 to 20 feet long, no matter what zone is selected the exhaust nozzle would be in the full open position.

If it's launching, would the catapult hold back bar be already in the fully raised position at this stage in launch?

No, the launch bar will still be in the down position and the nose strut would still be in the kneel position. The nose gear would extend upon retraction and the launch bar would return to normal position during gear retraction also.

-------------------------------

Looking at the AMK artwork, even though you see "flame" in the exhaust nozzle it doesn't appear to be in afterburner, as stated, if it was in afterburner the flame would be at least 7 to 10 feet long (zone 1).

3 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Whether the aircraft is doing a touch n go (bouncing) or launching, the angle of attack is way too high.

Yes, there is a flame coming out the back end if afterburner is engaged, the length will depend on what afterburner zone is selected. In zone 5, the flame will be 15 to 20 feet long, no matter what zone is selected the exhaust nozzle would be in the full open position.

No, the launch bar will still be in the down position and the nose strut would still be in the kneel position. The nose gear would extend upon retraction and the launch bar would return to normal position during gear retraction also.

-------------------------------

Looking at the AMK artwork, even though you see "flame" in the exhaust nozzle it doesn't appear to be in afterburner, as stated, if it was in afterburner the flame would be at least 7 to 10 feet long (zone 1).

Thanks! All interesting stuff. I wasn't aware that the nose gear strut would still be in the kneeling position after launch (if it's being launched...).  I learned something:thumbsup:. So, the nose gear strut in the artwork is extended when it should probably be kneeling, the hold back/launch bar should not be fully retracted as shown in the artwork, the angle of attack is messed up regardless of take off or touch-n-go, and the main gear struts are in the retracted (weighted) position when they should be extended. Neat what you can learn about the real aircraft while asking questions about aircraft artwork/box art on an aircraft resource center website huh...

Regards!

There's no need to get all sanctimonious. A lot of us enjoy the presentation as much as the actual product. I like good box art, and good box art speaks to the attention to detail that a company spends on their product. Sure the primary concern is the kit (I'm not a naysayer, I've got one preordered), but part of the fun of unraveling the Tamiya kit is the box and the way everything is packed together. Don't bag on people who want to enjoy the whole experience just because the box doesn't matter to *you*.  The current boxart is a secondary effort at best, and it shows.

As for their ability to endure fan feedback and backlash, I have little doubt that AMK has handled worse, and if there was any danger of them leaving because of this, they wouldn't have been here in the first place. 

Edited by Skull Leader