Oh boy, I can't wait. I have cleaned up the workbench, I have sorted everything, the paints, the tools, the decals. I have sorted the rags even. My bench is ready, so ready.

It seems that there is a new box art with changes on FB. Could someone please post the pic here for those of us that don't do FB?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

1 hour ago, F-16 said:

It seems that there is a new box art with changes on FB. Could someone please post the pic here for those of us that don't do FB?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Afterburner “flames” removed. Launch bar in the down position. 

Mark

4 minutes ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

What ??? Nooooo ......  what will we complain about now???

16 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Mark

Big changes, they fixed the perspective on the plane.

Try switching between the old and new box tops and see the difference.

5 hours ago, a4s4eva said:

I'm more interested in what's in the box.. and when we'll be able to buy it

Yep, this just about sum's up my feeling about it.

8 hours ago, kaz said:

Big changes, they fixed the perspective on the plane.

Try switching between the old and new box tops and see the difference.

indeed, the aircraft of the new boxart is now slightly more tilted on his starboard side than previously!  (engine burner now cross the horizon, intake upper lip over the star insignia) 

Edited by mingwin
7 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

La imagen puede contener: avión

Coming in late on this one but I would just like to clarify the launch bar position after launch. As depicted on the box art, the launch bar should be fully up with the nose strut fully extended. Short explanation is that after launch and the main gear are in air mode(struts fully extended), the nose gear kneel system automatically goes to the extend setting. This extends the nose strut 18" and mechanically raises the launch bar. If the launch bar is not fully up, the gear is prevented from retracting. 

Supporting photos. I can also add NATOPS references if anyone wants to read the technical jargon. 

In transition after cat shot

launch bar raised after main gear clear the deck

Launch bar raised. Note main gear struts fully extended.

Cheers,

John

13 minutes ago, Solo said:

Vertical fins still are too small I believe.

It looks to me like a 3D render was used as a basis for the art work but it looks flat to me. I know there's a 3D rendering process that places everything onto a flat plane but I don't know the term. This is what it looks like to me. There's no depth to the artwork and even the forward fuselage looks way too big.

Cheers,

John

Edited by CF104

Orthographic vs perspective projection. If the camera is sufficiently far away, things in real life will get closer to an orthographic projection. In the AMK F-14 case, if the base was a 3D render, perhaps it was in ortho projection or the camera was too far away and zoomed in. It looks a little off given that the camera in the depicted scene should be on the deck close to the subject (hence more perspective is necessary). 

That said, I would not want AMK to spend any more time on the box art. Just start pumping the molten plastic already!

Edited by Janissary
47 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

So apparently someone is claiming that at the show a few weeks ago they were told an AMK release date in the first half of July..

The shop I pre-ordered with said that they were told that the release was imminent..

So...?

A great mystery. Hobby Easy is showing 8/30/18.