1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

A great mystery. Hobby Easy is showing 8/30/18.

Yea, I looked and you posted that bit of info back on the 17th.

FFS people, how many of you frame your box art and hang it on the wall???  If you do I presume you slso threw everything inside the box in the trash,  cuz that’s what REALLY matters..,. 

Spend less time bitching and more time building. 

While I agree it's only box art, I fail to understand why people can't discuss/dissect it as long as they are being civil about it.

If you don't like the discussion, move along and don't part take in the discussion. I don't understand why someone feels the need to dictate what is acceptable/unacceptable to be discussed on a public forum (unless they are the owner or a mod), no one is forcing you to click on the thread and read it.

Just my $.02, ymmv

3 hours ago, GW8345 said:

While I agree it's only box art, I fail to understand why people can't discuss/dissect it as long as they are being civil about it.

If you don't like the discussion, move along and don't part take in the discussion. I don't understand why someone feels the need to dictate what is acceptable/unacceptable to be discussed on a public forum (unless they are the owner or a mod), no one is forcing you to click on the thread and read it.

Just my $.02, ymmv

I'm glad you said it as this marginalizing and dismissive attitude by some on this subject is unbecoming of this forum. As you said, we are being civil about this and for habu2 to come along and be all "FFS people" is just not conducive to a productive forum. Like you said, I would like to reinforce that if you don't like what is being discussed then move along or add something constructive. By being aggressive and condescending you are not engaging or encouraging a productive discussion.

Cheers,

John

3 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Just my $.02, ymmv

Couldn't agree more. I happen to like good box art and do clip it and keep it when the kit is finished. Takes up little room and they do display nicely. It's just part of the hobby for me. I also enjoy discussing it with others who also appreciate nice art (obviously others here do as well).

Good on AMK for making changes and for seeing that some in the hobby do appreciate good box art :thumbsup:.

Regards

We aim to please. As nice as Manuel's art is, we have decided to stick with what we have and move on the the manual. There's only so much tweaking we can do before it gets out of hand and we lose focus.

Better to get the plastic out. Next projects are on the board and in progress too......more on that just before they are released.

1 hour ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

We aim to please. As nice as Manuel's art is, we have decided to stick with what we have and move on the the manual. There's only so much tweaking we can do before it gets out of hand and we lose focus.

Better to get the plastic out. Next projects are on the board and in progress too......more on that just before they are released.

Martin, how about an F-35 series.

To clarify the “launch bar” discussion, the last thing the pilot does after the jet goes into tension is raise the launch bar. After that it’s the wipe out and the salute before the Shooter releases the jet. It’s not an automatic function. Tension holds the launch bar down in the teeth of the shuttle and immediately starts to transition upward after coming out of the shuttle. If this isn’t done, the gear will not fold and stow properly. It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a limiting function that would inhibit the gear from being retracted if the launch bar is still selected in the “extend” position.

Tracy

20 minutes ago, Vidar_710 said:

To clarify the “launch bar” discussion, the last thing the pilot does after the jet goes into tension is raise the launch bar. After that it’s the wipe out and the salute before the Shooter releases the jet. It’s not an automatic function. Tension holds the launch bar down in the teeth of the shuttle and immediately starts to transition upward after coming out of the shuttle. If this isn’t done, the gear will not fold and stow properly. It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a limiting function that would inhibit the gear from being retracted if the launch bar is still selected in the “extend” position.

Tracy

You and CF-104 are correct about the launch bar (I was wrong, damn I'm getting old).

As for the limiting function, there is a "launch bar proximity switch" that is supposed to prevent the nose gear from raising if the launch bar is not up and if the nose gear is more than 10 degrees off centerline. Also, if the gear is more than 10 degrees off, it is supposed to center when the gear handle is placed in the retract position.

I know of one time when those function's failed (IIRC) it was a VF-31 bird that raised the gear with the nose gear off center, the launch bar was up but the gear was not centered when it raised. The launch bar missed the launch bar guide and went thought the floor of the cockpit, the aircrew brought it back (they were in Fallon at the time) and landed it. A few months later we (VF-143) went out to Fallon for Airwing training and it was still sitting in the hanger awaiting depot level repair. This was in the spring of 99.

• 4 weeks later...

We have heard that, some shops have been taking preorders illegally.
So, to that end, we are listing again our distributors who took preorders from us below. Please note also, our distributors cannot sell AMK kits to other countries which AMK already have distributors there.

Should I understand that HobbyEasy, where I have ordered my preorder, took my preorder illegally?

How it is possible?

3 minutes ago, Solo said:

Should I understand that HobbyEasy, where I have ordered my preorder, took my preorder illegally?

How it is possible?

Ah..........

HobbyEasy is HK. They placed order to our HK distributor. So, it would be fine with your order.

We heard that, some shops in some country, they took preorder but never order from our distributor for that country.

Thank you for your support!

Sio

From AMK fb page... 

********Official F-14D Release Announcement********

Hi All,

We appreciate that you have been worried, requesting information and waiting patiently for the release of our AMK F-14D Tomcat, so here we go........

AMK WILL RELEASE F-14D TOMCAT THIS SUMMER 2018!

We have to mention it again as many times as we can, *please* don't argue or compare. Just do what ever you are happy to do. Let's maintain the happy modeling world together! That's what we want - no politics, no religion, no blame just fun and sharing. We should be one big family in our little hobby of escape 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeFkY4MFnAq38CI5zpk78🙂

Some information you guys may be interested to know:

* We had a bit more than 3000 pcs preorder.
* Thank you very much to those, who supported us. You deserve, in addition to price discount, an Ordnance set for free. This will be sent to you.
* We have done a lot for this kit and many options will be included for you. Wing options (surfaces etc fully open / closed closed ), canopy glass options, options of intake door opening levels, options of horizontal stabilizer angles, etc. 
* This is quite an investment in molds for us, a small company. 10000 pcs of sales may be required to help us to balance the cost. Your continuing support would be nice for us to keep up our work good fo rthis and our future projects (many started and ongoing) you will be excited to know of them.

13 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

From AMK fb page... 

Hi All,

We appreciate that you have been worried, requesting information and waiting patiently for the release of our AMK F-14D Tomcat, so here we go........

We have to mention it again as many times as we can, *please* don't argue or compare. Just do what ever you are happy to do. Let's maintain the happy modeling world together! That's what we want - no politics, no religion, no blame just fun and sharing. We should be one big family in our little hobby of escape 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeFkY4MFnAq38CI5zpk78🙂

* Thank you very much to those, who supported us. You deserve, in addition to price discount, an Ordnance set for free. This will be sent to you.
* We have done a lot for this kit and many options will be included for you. Wing options (surfaces etc fully open / closed closed ), canopy glass options, options of intake door opening levels, options of horizontal stabilizer angles, etc. 
* This is quite an investment in molds for us, a small company. 10000 pcs of sales may be required to help us to balance the cost. Your continuing support would be nice for us to keep up our work good fo rthis and our future projects (many started and ongoing) you will be excited to know of them.

well two things show up!

* looks like my new two weight fly rod is postponed two months or maybe Christmas (could I get a better Christmas gift?)

* I'll see my two kits before I croak!

gary 

16 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

From AMK fb page... 

Hi All,

Ok. So, where do I pre-order from?