1 hour ago, okthree said:

Wow 10000 pcs to break even. They better hope they sell well. 

As an old 1SGT of mine used to say, "well, that's what happens when you play f@#k around".

How many years has AMK been saying, "soon"? Now tamiya has beaten them to the punch.... smh

2 hours ago, goondman said:

As an old 1SGT of mine used to say, "well, that's what happens when you play f@#k around".

How many years has AMK been saying, "soon"? Now tamiya has beaten them to the punch.... smh

No doubt in my mind that this kit will be well worth the wait!

On 6/4/2018 at 4:08 PM, Vidar_710 said:

To clarify the “launch bar” discussion, the last thing the pilot does after the jet goes into tension is raise the launch bar. After that it’s the wipe out and the salute before the Shooter releases the jet. It’s not an automatic function. Tension holds the launch bar down in the teeth of the shuttle and immediately starts to transition upward after coming out of the shuttle. If this isn’t done, the gear will not fold and stow properly. It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a limiting function that would inhibit the gear from being retracted if the launch bar is still selected in the “extend” position.

Tracy

WARNING!! Non-AMK technical related content. :smiley-transport006:

Hi Tracy,

What you say is correct for the F/A-18 but not the F-14. The launch bar on the F-14 can only be lowered with the nose gear in the Kneel position and the nose gear deflected 10 degrees off center or manually by the launch crew. The launch bar can only be retracted one of 3 ways. Mechanically by nose gear strut extension after launch, by the launch bar ABORT switch or by extending the nose gear strut with the Kneel/Off/Extd switch. There is no Launch Bar Extend/Retract switch in the F-14. Once the jet goes into tension on the shuttle, the pilot carry's on with the launch without further interaction with the launch bar unless there is a launch abort. There is a safety interlock after CV launch that prevents gear retraction if the launch bar doesn't retract.

Cheers,

John

18 hours ago, okthree said:

Wow 10000 pcs to break even. They better hope they sell well. 

Well With an MSRP  approximately 1/2 the Tamiya kit I think they have a REALLY Good thing going. As long as it builds well I don't see any problem selling 10,000 kits. I have 4 on pre-order and after seeing the CAD's could go for another 4...so Thats 8 down 9992 to go.....

3 hours ago, CF104 said:

WARNING!! Non-AMK technical related content. :smiley-transport006:

Hi Tracy,

What you say is correct for the F/A-18 but not the F-14. The launch bar on the F-14 can only be lowered with the nose gear in the Kneel position and the nose gear deflected 10 degrees off center or manually by the launch crew. The launch bar can only be retracted one of 3 ways. Mechanically by nose gear strut extension after launch, by the launch bar ABORT switch or by extending the nose gear strut with the Kneel/Off/Extd switch. There is no Launch Bar Extend/Retract switch in the F-14. Once the jet goes into tension on the shuttle, the pilot carry's on with the launch without further interaction with the launch bar unless there is a launch abort. There is a safety interlock after CV launch that prevents gear retraction if the launch bar doesn't retract.

Cheers,

John

The launch bar abort switch does not retract the launch bar, it only raises about 12 inches and the pilot has to hold the switch, if he lets it go, the launch bar lowers.

What safety interlock are you talking about?

2 hours ago, GW8345 said:

The launch bar abort switch does not retract the launch bar, it only raises about 12 inches and the pilot has to hold the switch, if he lets it go, the launch bar lowers.

What safety interlock are you talking about?

Thanks for the clarification on the abort switch.

The safety interlocks are the launch bar proximity switch which senses if the launch bar is fully retracted after launch. If it's not fully retracted the "LAUNCH BAR" advisory annunciator illuminates and nose gear retraction is inhibited.

Cheers,

John

16 hours ago, pookie said:

I don't believe in pre-ordering anything. The only thing I pay in advance is the bus fare. I will be buying one or two when they become available on ebay.

I've pre-ordered lots of things in the past, and have never paid a dime in advance. Victory Models never asked for a dime.

gary

I'm curious...

How long does it take to do a 10,000 kit production run? I would assume most of July? Then you have the boxes, decals, instructions Etc.

If this is true, then the kit could, possibly, be released by the end of August?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

19 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

I've pre-ordered lots of things in the past, and have never paid a dime in advance. Victory Models never asked for a dime.

gary

Same Here I even offered to pay in Advance and Bob(Victory Models) told me no money was needed upfront. I never have a problem pre-ordering items. Especially if I know it may be a Hot seller or something that might be a limited edition like those early DML White Box kits...If you wanted one you almost had to pre-order. So to each his own and I'll admit I'm selective on which ones I do and don't pre-order. A lot of that decision is based on the company offering the kit!

6 hours ago, viper730 said:

Same Here I even offered to pay in Advance and Bob(Victory Models) told me no money was needed upfront. I never have a problem pre-ordering items. Especially if I know it may be a Hot seller or something that might be a limited edition like those early DML White Box kits...If you wanted one you almost had to pre-order. So to each his own and I'll admit I'm selective on which ones I do and don't pre-order. A lot of that decision is based on the company offering the kit!

Bob is really one of the "good guys" in our community. I ordered in the AMK upgraded Mig31 from him and waited and waited for it. Wanted to pay in advance, and he wouldn't have it. After six months the supply ran out, and some how I was lost in the quagmire. I did find a kit later, and it was worth the long wait. Another guy to remember is the fellow that runs Hobby World. These guys are what our hobby is about, and trust me you can trust either one. I've learned to not trust anyone who wants cash in advance with nothing to show for it..

gary

2 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Bob is really one of the "good guys" in our community.

Darn right he is!  Knew him when I lived in Ft. Myers, FL. He was in Cape Coral, just down the road a piece (yes, I'm name dropping :whistle:). Would always go the extra mile for a customer. Victory Models is one of our best resources for aftermarket and a real asset to our community.

Edited by Mstor
1 hour ago, UpperDeck said:

Sooo, to get back to the topic, when is the kit supposed to be released ? Is it still August 2018 ?

They said summer on facebook

But not which summer (northern or southern hemisphere) 😄 

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

I know you didn't read the prior posts, or you would have read "summer of 2018"

gary

His point was that "Summer of 2018" starts on December 22 in the southern hemisphere if you had read his post correctly.......

Edited by RCAFFAN
5 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

His point was that "Summer of 2018" starts on December 22 in the southern hemisphere if you had read his post correctly.......

LOL at least someone realises the seasons differ depend on where you live :thumbsup:

.. Unlike Gary...  :)

Edited by a4s4eva
6 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

Well, no it doesn't. In Australia at least it's reckoned to start on the 1st December. Many other countries also use meteorological reckoning.

There's no real consensus on the starting dates of the seasons around the world. Some countries use astronomical reckoning, some use meteorological reckoning, some allow for seasonal lag which varies by geography. It makes little sense in Australia calling the solstice - the longest day with most solar radiation - the "beginning" of summer when it's already been baking hot for weeks, and less still in tropical areas which don't have summer/winter/spring and autumn seasons, just a hot and wet period and a  hot and dry (Called "The Wet" and "The Dry" - what a surprise - while in other places "The Wet is the monsoon season)

Shane

14 minutes ago, sweier said:

Well, no it doesn't. In Australia at least it's reckoned to start on the 1st December. Many other countries also use meteorological reckoning.

There's no real consensus on the starting dates of the seasons around the world. Some countries use astronomical reckoning, some use meteorological reckoning, some allow for seasonal lag which varies by geography. It makes little sense in Australia calling the solstice - the longest day with most solar radiation - the "beginning" of summer when it's already been baking hot for weeks, and less still in tropical areas which don't have summer/winter/spring and autumn seasons, just a hot and wet period and a  hot and dry (Called "The Wet" and "The Dry" - what a surprise - while in other places "The Wet is the monsoon season)

Shane

Now we're arguing about the weather?

6 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Now we're arguing about the weather?

Well there's still no kit to argue over and we still don't know whose summer it's being released in  -  so why not 😄 

Edited by a4s4eva

I googled "first day of summer 2018 Australia" and the answer said the Solstice was at 9:23 a.m. (Eastern Australia time) on December 22, 2018 and there was no mention of December 1st anywhere and that was good enough for me so I reject your disputes and go with science...........Besides I suspect you guys in Australia won't see this kit for Christmas (regular or Russian Orthodox).......