4 hours ago, dylan said:

have a look again at the first picture Matt. to me it looks like one set is at full sweep and the other is at max sweep for parking.

i'm trying to figure that out too, surely looking like there are 2 wingboxes on 1 single sprue... 

13 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I do not see that.  They have a circular joint which I'll bet will make the wings movable. 

Looks like there's a hinge there, but It is all one piece. Fake wing box and hinge point. Even has the hydraulic piston represented.

I noticed you get two basic engines.

Also, anyone know why the center Sparrow trough on the fuselage is a separate insert?

Having the two forward Sparrow troughs molded like that could mean breakage when the kit is packaged. Hope they wrap them to protect from breakage.

Sio says that these are still TEST SHOTS. Does this mean that production has not/will not start until the test shots are finished? If so, then will production start in September?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

1 hour ago, F-16 said:

Sio says that these are still TEST SHOTS. Does this mean that production has not/will not start until the test shots are finished? If so, then will production start in September?

Martin's comment from Facebook (see Fightertown decals post): "The machines are now running almost all day and night."

3 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Martin's comment from Facebook (see Fightertown decals post): "The machines are now running almost all day and night."

EXCELLENT! GREAT TO HEAR!!

So we are possibly looking at early Sept. for the kit to hit the shops?

Scott

It could be my tired 😴 old man eyes 👀 but does the vertical tails look a bit short or is it the photo 

It is my understanding that they utilize a cheeper plastic for test pressings so there is room for corrections. 

I do do realize this is a test shot but I’m curious just the same.

If AMK can get this D model out and have it fit like a Tamiya kit 🤔 and keep the price in the $55 to $65 dollar range ...Tamiya might find themselves in the ‘’DANGER ZONE’’ ...just saying 😏

Outstanding tread Helmsman and thank you for posting the pictures /& update 🙏👍😍😎

Brovo Zulu,

Mr.Happy (In name only)

1 hour ago, Mr.Happy said:

If AMK can get this D model out and have it fit like a Tamiya kit 🤔 and keep the price in the $55 to $65 dollar range ...Tamiya might find themselves in the ‘’DANGER ZONE’’ ...just saying 😏

Mr.Happy (In name only)

No, Tamiya will not find themselves in the 'Danger Zone'. The AMK F-14D could end up being the ultimate F-14 kit and it wouldn't affect Tamiya in any, way, shape or form. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Happy said:

It could be my tired 😴 old man eyes 👀 but does the vertical tails look a bit short or is it the photo 

They do, actually, but it could just be the photo or shrinkage or maybe a bit of a short shot? Hope they aren't actually short.

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

No, Tamiya will not find themselves in the 'Danger Zone'. The AMK F-14D could end up being the ultimate F-14 kit and it wouldn't affect Tamiya in any, way, shape or form.

Dave Roof , Whiskey, and all,

Thank you for responding to my fractured post🙄

Mea Culpa.

I have no dog in this fight however failed to illustrate my suggestion pertaining to the prices of both manufacturers (I.E. Tamiya’s F-14D seems to a bit high for some folks ‘’Not all folk” just some. Where AMK’s is said to run from $55.00 to $65.00 range.)

Of coarse this is speculation as it is not finalized. (The AMK kit that is)

I enjoy Tamiya products and models very much and I’m looking forward to AMK’s F-14 family.

Again to stress the point hear I am not lumping all of Tamiy’s line up in my previous post nore am I saying Tamiya as a company is in , or could be in jeopardy because of the release of the AMK F-14D.

What I was trying to alluding to was the price of the Tamiya F-14D compared to that of the AMK offering albeit in a taciturn way. 

In short it’s all what the market bear,  or in some cases what the individual will wallet bear. 

To to all of you that have taken the time to post updates on the AMK release THANK YOU VERY MUCH 🙏👍😎

I sincerely hope I have not offended anyone’s sensibilities or have angered  anyone by my post . It was just more or less to give thought to the matter. I very much enjoy the postings and wonderful work on ARC and look forward to meeting some of you at some the upcoming shows. 

Sincerely,

Mr.Happy (In name only)

4 minutes ago, Mr.Happy said:

I sincerely hope I have not offended anyone’s sensibilities or have angered  anyone by my post .

I don't think you did. I wouldn't sweat it. I don't think anyone was upset or mad. Just people expressing viewpoints. No need to apologize.

22 hours ago, Mstor said:

They do, actually, but it could just be the photo or shrinkage or maybe a bit of a short shot? Hope they aren't actually short.

I can't tell, but I hope they didn't make the rumored mistake of another manufacturer's angled vertical stabs whereby they supposedly measured them from a side view drawing only.

Edited by Space Tiger Hobbes
really bad sentence structure and vocabulary
44 minutes ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

I can't tell, but I hope they didn't make the rumored mistake of another manufacturer's angled vertical stabs and measure them from a side view drawing only.

Ack! Perish the thought. We will wait, patiently, and then we will see everything is just fine :pray:

5 hours ago, galfa said:

Don't you find crazy comparing accuracy and price of an already available Tamiya Tomcat to a still unavailable AMK Tomcat?

By the way, his thread is approaching 100 pages...

not as much as a kit without pilot being unbuildable...

comparing something available to something that is  not yet on the market  is called "speculation"...nothing new under the sun... and nobody tells that the Tamiya kit will become obsolete when the AMK kit hit the shelves...  100 pages thread just  shows how much desired was that new 1/48 Tomcat... 

Edited by mingwin
22 minutes ago, mingwin said:

not as much as a kit without pilot being unbuildable...

comparing something available to something that is  not yet on the market  is called "speculation"...nothing new under the sun... and nobody tells that the Tamiya kit will become obsolete when the AMK kit hit the shelves...  100 pages thread just  shows how much desired was that new 1/48 Tomcat... 

Word.

Almost a hundred pages of excitement, speculation, frustration, anger with very little to see and nothing to test fit or build. There's no rational reason for it other than the subject is popular, people love to talk, people are opinionated, and people are different. And if/when everybody here has seen and built both kits, this discussion will go on for tens of additional pages of excitement, speculation, frustration, and anger.  It's happened before. It will happen again. 

6 minutes ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Almost a hundred pages of excitement, speculation, frustration, anger with very little to see and nothing to test fit or build. There's no rational reason for it other than the subject is popular, people love to talk, people are opinionated, and people are different. And if/when everybody here has seen and built both kits, this discussion will go on for tens of additional pages of excitement, speculation, frustration, and anger.  It's happened before. It will happen again. 

Well said SpaceTiger Hobbes🤔👍

Mr.H