yeah, Helmsman, but just like in my old days  in Wisconsin,,,,,those 9 months still had 3 seasons included in them.

"really cold autumn, bitter cold winter, really cold spring",,,,then the usual 6/20,21, or 22 for the start of "calendar" summer, which ends on 9/19-20 ish.

only change is the flip of the seasons at the Equator, the four x/21 events are on the same day world wide. 

(that is what is sooo frustrating with that US Ground hog day thing,,,,it is physically 7 weeks more of Winter, which means Spring is already "right around the corner",,,,,so either way, it means nothing as to what day Spring starts,,,,,,even if it is a blizzard with two feet of snow, it would still be the "first day of spring." )

Edited by Rex
5 hours ago, Rex said:

yeah, Helmsman, but just like in my old days  in Wisconsin,,,,,those 9 months still had 3 seasons included in them.

"really cold autumn, bitter cold winter, really cold spring",,,,then the usual 6/20,21, or 22 for the start of "calendar" summer, which ends on 9/19-20 ish.

Well, never been in Wisconsin, my place was about 4000 miles away. https://www.google.com/maps/@64.7375605,177.7203844,4381m/data=!3m1!1e3

I'll let you check how cold it is 🙂

7 hours ago, Rex said:

9/21 ish, then 12/21 ish, etc

The seasons don't change at the month, or at the temperature change. (it will still be autumn up until a few days  before Christmas, for example)

The change in seasons is tied to the date of the equinox and solstice events. 

13 hours ago, habu2 said:

Texas has three winters per year. Each one lasts about a day and a half - two whole days for a really severe winter. 

😎

The folks in Amarillo and D/FW might disagree with you.  Your statement is pretty accurate for the Gulf Coast, though I've had winter last five days occassionally.

16 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Well, never been in Wisconsin, my place was about 4000 miles away. https://www.google.com/maps/@64.7375605,177.7203844,4381m/data=!3m1!1e3

I'll let you check how cold it is 🙂

Holy Smokes! You're a Chu Chuck now living in swamp land? That's what I call diversity!

On 8/24/2018 at 2:08 PM, MoFo said:

👏 Hobby 👏 Easy 👏 doesn't 👏 know 👏 the 👏 release 👏 date 👏 they're 👏 just 👏 keeping 👏 the 👏 listing 👏 active. 👏

We go through this every other month when Hobby Easy updates their pre-order listing to some new random date in the future.  It's meaningless.  They don't have any secret information about when the kit is being released.  They probably know less than you do about the kit's progress and release.  They're just changing the date so that the pre-order is for some future release date, because it would look ridiculous if their pre-order page still said the kit was due 30 May, 2017.

51 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

They had the same release date quoted back earlier in August. As MoFo said, they just keep moving the date out as the old one approaches. I saw them do this on the GWH Su-35 and KH F-101B.

23 minutes ago, Mstor said:

They had the same release date quoted back earlier in August. As MoFo said, they just keep moving the date out as the old one approaches. I saw them do this on the GWH Su-35 and KH F-101B.

The end result is that it is not the fault of Hobby Easy or the many other shops out there. This is all on AMK and the insane pre-order game.

4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

The end result is that it is not the fault of Hobby Easy or the many other shops out there. This is all on AMK and the insane pre-order game.

This is true. Hobbyeasy is just keeping the pre-order status active so, until the kit is released, people can still pre-order the kit.

From business point of view ,AMK made marketing fiasko,and it still lasts after how many years.

And people actually paid preorder price,on behalf of AMK promise.

if this happened with some other merchandise than long saught new f-14 kit, and not in plastic models world-AMK would be long gone from the market.

And I like the AMK guys and will buy the kit, but business wise-come on🤣

Edited by Petarvu

I agree completely Petarvu.

I I said the same thing on a facebook group and was called a spoiled baby ( and worse) for not being able to wait. its not about the wait its about being misled by AMK.

it reminds me of a south park episode where the kids visit George RR martin, and he keeps promising them pizza but it never shows up.

at this point I dont think I will even get one, I am happy with the 2 Tamiya kits that I am currently building.

51 minutes ago, dylan said:

I I said the same thing on a facebook group and was called a spoiled baby ( and worse) for not being able to wait. its not about the wait its about being misled by AMK.

it reminds me of a south park episode where the kids visit George RR martin, and he keeps promising them pizza but it never shows up.

at this point I dont think I will even get one, I am happy with the 2 Tamiya kits that I am currently building.

+1

I also got Tamiya but will buy AMK kit as 'wunderkit we waited for',just because 🙂

14 hours ago, dylan said:

Same here, just on a different pre-order. Pre ordered ace combat 7 in Jan 2017. They just gave a releas date of Jan 18, 2019!!! I’m never preordering a damned thing ever again. This is my 3rd one to go off the schedule, by months, I’ve had. I’m looking forward to the 2 I already ordered but, got my gf to buy the Tamiya Tom for my birthday anyway. At least that’s a wait I know the date it will end. 

Shion - You're building NSAWC 02 next?.... Can't wait to see that one! Love the B Hornet in Camo! LMK if  you need refs. Covered that jet extensively

-brian

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals

Is there going to be an issue of decals sized for other kits on this Tomcat? Not really in the mood to wait and buy more sheets just to get them to fit on here. I don't even know if my Furball decals will fit the Tamiya cats I have lined up.