1 hour ago, Solo said:

Nice ejection seat, but I believe Aires' ones would be more suitable for this kit.

The real SJU 17 seats have different sized canopy breakers on the headbox of the front and back seat on the F-14D. The pictures of the Aires and Quickboost seats that I have seen, it looks like the canopy breakers are the same size on both seats.  You may want to confirm this detail before you go with the Aires seats. Wolfpack Design got this detail correct with their SJU 17 seats. 

3 hours ago, Solo said:

Nice ejection seat, but I believe Aires' ones would be more suitable for this kit.

Not more suitable, but rather an option. The kit seats are perfectly suitable for the D. The perfect example of a seat not being suitable is the GRU-7 seat that comes in the Monogram 1/48 F-8 Crusader. It should be a Martin Baker Mk 7.

7 hours ago, jester292 said:

Inaccuracies on the kit parts?

I saw a missing wire bundle on the left side, but to be fair that would have been very difficult to model. The dog ears on top look small in the photos, but yet maybe just fine. Compared to what he others call a bang seat, these are state of the art!

Gary

On 9/17/2018 at 11:04 AM, anj4de said:

Those teaser pics are nice but I would rather like to see a good, high res, sprue lay out of all the sprues. Soo, hopefully, close to the release you would think all sprues have been shot at least for test purposes...

cheers

Uwe

Hey Uwe! This is coming soon. I have asked Sio for a load but I guess most are in boxes now hahaha. Seriously though, he has some, just needs time to send them to me and I will post them for you.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:02 AM, Neo said:

My only comment would be the seat cushion look a bit monogramish. Nothing a little blue tack and some paint cant fix

The seat cushions are touch to get right, some pictures look very taught in this area especially the back and some look well worn. I guess it was designed to allow you add a little putty if you want to wrinkle them up a tad or leave them for new seat covers.... 
As always, we will give you the options for you to decide.

Glad you like the kit so far. 

18 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Hey Uwe! This is coming soon. I have asked Sio for a load but I guess most are in boxes now hahaha. Seriously though, he has some, just needs time to send them to me and I will post them for you.

AMK TOMCAT INCOMING !  :thumbsup2:

3 hours ago, shion said:

I already gave a link about them: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5847314718

No surprise, it's a fail.

How exactly is it a 'fail'? If you look closely, they provide both options, so it is a win-win. Modelers that don't like the multi-piece option don't have to use it, they can use the one piece option. Modelers that think the multi-piece option is great will be able to use it. Either way, everyone will be able to use whichever parts they choose to. 

I honestly cannot grasp just how negative several of you seem to be over this kit. First and foremost, it is a plastic model airplane. Your life or well being doesn't depend on it. You're still going to get up in the morning and go about your normal daily routine. No one's lives are going to be affected in any way, shape or form.

AMK has done everything they can to address everyone's concerns and most still aren't happy! Seriously, get a life! The pathetic and childish whining over this kit is unbelievable. Grown as$ men bitching and whining like little kids in a toy store that can't have what they want. It's embarrassing.  

Edited by Dave Roof
42 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

How exactly is it a 'fail'? If you look closely, they provide both options, so it is a win-win. Modelers that don't like the multi-piece option don't have to use it, they can use the one piece option. Modelers that think the multi-piece option is great will be able to use it. Either way, everyone will be able to use whichever parts they choose to. 

I honestly cannot grasp just how negative several of you seem to be over this kit. First and foremost, it is a plastic model airplane. Your life or well being doesn't depend on it. You're still going to get up in the morning and go about your normal daily routine. No one's lives are going to be affected in any way, shape or form.

AMK has done everything they can to address everyone's concerns and most still aren't happy! Seriously, get a life! The pathetic and childish whining over this kit is unbelievable. Grown as$ men bitching and whining like little kids in a toy store that can't have what they want. It's embarrassing.  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

It's a fail because you can already see the singular thickness and the fact that the numerous parts don't match.

Yes, they provide  a remplacement part, but sorry, if I remember right, here AMK said that their idea (multiple-piece canopy) was an innovation.

Parts which don't match isn't an innovation or a bonus for modelers.

And it's not classic PE plain parts, it's clear (and brittle) parts, so good luck to sand, blend and adjust it.

And critics towards AMK is proportionnal to communication they provided.

You can not present you project as -and I quote- "the world’s best ever model kit of the F-14 Tomcat in 1/48 scale" and don't expect critics when it isn't the fact.

1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

👍👍

2 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

👍👍👍

2 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Well said!