27 minutes ago, Petrov27 said:

awwww there are too many parts, the color of the plastic is all wrong, pretty sure something is off somewhere, TOTAL FAIL!!

JUST KIDDING - anxious to see it in hand

🙂

Don't worry,  They will be complaining that you can't move the wings!

16 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Don't worry,  They will be complaining that you can't move the wings!

This is a problem. No movable wings in such option rich kit is like new F-16 model without opening canopy. So shame AMK...

Very incomprehensible decision of designers.

3 minutes ago, Solo said:

This is a problem. No movable wings in such option rich kit is like new F-16 model without opening canopy. So shame AMK...

Very incomprehensible decision of designers.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. Moving wings has no value to me at all.

Every model of F-14 has got such obvious functionality, I don't understand why AMK kit is exception.

I can understand, that not everybody need to have such thing, but many wish to have model with wings in any position required.

I repeat: totally strange and incomprehensible decision.

Second thing: always is better to have more options then less.

1 minute ago, Solo said:

Every model of F-14 has got such obvious functionality, I don't understand why AMK kit is exception.

I can understand, that not everybody need to have such thing, but many wish to have model with wings in any position required.

I repeat: totally strange and incomprehensible decision.

Second thing: always is better to have more options then less.

I think one reason is that with the option to drop flaps and slats, and to open the spoilers, moving the wings would be impracticable.

4 minutes ago, Solo said:

But this kit has also wings without options, for folded position.

It could be movable.

Tis true. Oh well, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Like I said, it don't bother me. I have always built my F-14s (I did build some years ago) to be displayed with the wings in one position. Now with kits that allow dropped flaps and slats, the whole moving wing thing is moot, as I like to use that feature.

34 minutes ago, Solo said:

But this kit has also wings without options, for folded position.

It could be movable, it is simple mechanism.

Yes, but very 'toylike' when not in the swept position. The wing bladders will not raise up as they would have done in real life, to create an aerodynamic form, when swept forward you would not be able to drop flaps and slats. This is a far better idea - pick the position you want and then model it accordingly. 

Movable wings on a model would only work if there was a big honkin' button on the top to launch the weapons.

Wing position options are enough for a serious modeler.

If you want to move the wings, pull up the flaps and slats, pop the seals up and down, and deploy and retract the landing gear,,,,,then you need to practice your "swoooossshhhhhh" noises,,,,,,,or get a GI Joe Tomcat instead.

(I'd realllllly like to see a "serious modeler"  that can engineer a truly  moveable wing on a Tomcat model,,,,,that has the wing parts work in unison at the same time)

edit, put another way,,,,,,,,,,"WAHHHHH, my Phantom's vari-ramps don't move in and out, and the exhaust feathers don't open and close when I say swoooossshhhhhhh"

Edited by Rex
12 minutes ago, Rex said:

Movable wings on a model would only work if there was a big honkin' button on the top to launch the weapons.

Wing position options are enough for a serious modeler.

If you want to move the wings, pull up the flaps and slats, pop the seals up and down, and deploy and retract the landing gear,,,,,then you need to practice your "swoooossshhhhhh" noises,,,,,,,or get a GI Joe Tomcat instead.

(I'd realllllly like to see a "serious modeler"  that can engineer a truly  moveable wing on a Tomcat model,,,,,that has the wing parts work in unison at the same time)

edit, put another way,,,,,,,,,,"WAHHHHH, my Phantom's vari-ramps don't move in and out, and the exhaust feathers don't open and close when I say swoooossshhhhhhh"

Thanks for the smile as always Rex:thumbsup:

Even better Zach,,,,,,,,,,,picture in your mind how that would work at a serious modeler's house,,,,,or at a show.

a big ole honkin' sign next to an expensive new tooled Tomcat,,,,,,,,,,with 100 hours into the build, aftermarket decals, etc, etc,,,,,,,,,that says "please play with my wings"