6 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

I still don't get the wing mechanism either. It looks like they have some extra pieces. 

It's a wing spar - a central 'box' with large tabs on either side to set the angle of the wings.  The kit wings slide onto the tabs.  There are three spar options for different wing positions - forward, swept and oversweep.

From a cursory view it looks as if ‘’POSSIBLY’’ AMK could make a early block numbered “Boat Tail”’ Cat .....Possibly.

Thoughts on this ‘’May/Might” divert much of the criticism, crying, & nashing of teeth towards a kit that does not exist at this time.

Of course that’s just the word on the street😜

I sincerely hope that Martin and the team at AMK can have home run with this mold and it fits as good or better than comparable kits out there today. 

I realize this can be frustrating to many as we have been told of many a release dates, however I try think of this as that they are refining and tweaking the mold to ensure we the customer have a great experience building it whenever it is released. 

Hang in there folks and stay tuned to the same Tomcat time and to same Tomcat channel.

Stay Tomcatty my friends,

Mr.Happy (In name only)

what a beauty that wing spoiler! :jaw-dropping:

also the AIM-54's ogive is finally "pointed" correctly! (compared to Hasegawa part)

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2013/06/the-phoenix-resurrected-and-improved.html

I absolutely have to grab this kit.... (and the Tamiya Alpha)

Edited by Alpagueur

I'm curious as to what to do with the two engines they are giving us. Hiding them in the fuselage makes no sense. Maybe they will provide a cart for displaying them, but I don't see any on the sprues....

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

The A and the B/D have different doors. So it looked like the molded them separate. I actually really like that idea. It allows them to be interchangeable. 

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals
On 9/27/2018 at 7:23 PM, dylan said:

WERD!!

like a drunken deadbeat dad another "promise" unkept.

does anyone have the patience to go back through the thread and count the number of times that the release date has changed?

Damn,  That's  pretty heavy!

11 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

what a beauty that wing spoiler! :jaw-dropping:

also the AIM-54's ogive is finally "pointed" correctly! (compared to Hasegawa part)

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2013/06/the-phoenix-resurrected-and-improved.html

I absolutely have to grab this kit.... (and the Tamiya Alpha)

Eduard make an small Phoenix...
:soapbox:

the more I see of this kit the less impressed I am. I can see quite a few people kitbashing this with the Tamiya kit to get dropped flaps and a compressed nose gear.

maybe its just a quick test shot , but it looks like it is still very unrefined. the fit of some parts doesnt look very good to me either.

I hope I am wrong, but I am still going to wait for some reviews before spending a dime on this kit.

That looks spectacular. I can’t wait to see in person how AMK’s engineers applied their own perspective to molding those complex shapes and details. Never having built an AMK kit, I have no basis for comparison.

One thing is for sure: that box will be huge.

33 minutes ago, andrew.deboer said:

That looks spectacular. I can’t wait to see in person how AMK’s engineers applied their own perspective to molding those complex shapes and details. Never having built an AMK kit, I have no basis for comparison.

One thing is for sure: that box will be huge.

The most impressive about the MiG-31 kit is its engineering. It is really clever in terms of assembly and mirrors the real aircraft without being complicated as a model.

So unless AMK has taken a massive backwards step on this kit, it should be a very impressive aspect of this kit too.

58 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Those "slime lights" on the forward fuselage are STILL WRONG !!! They're flush on the real jet, not raised.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"

I thought something looked off about that picture of the forward fuselage but couldn't figure it out.

4 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Those "slime lights" on the forward fuselage are STILL WRONG !!! They're flush on the real jet, not raised.

Steve

I already noticed that even before clicking the play button.  Someone also mentioned something about "unrefined" and I second that.

Edited by flybywire
15 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Steve

Thanks bro! You just set back production another year😉

5 minutes ago, 305swag said:

Thanks bro! You just set back production another year😉

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. 😀 I'm hoping this was an earlier production shot and, they've fixed it already.

Steve