5 minutes ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Lots of company’s get the slime lights wrong. Slime lights do not have raised detail like that. Maybe sometimes on the real aircraft you get a little squeeze out of the sealant used when installing the assembly.

Hasegawa, Tamiya didn't.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"

Edited by A-10 LOADER
1 hour ago, 305swag said:

Thanks bro! You just set back production another year😉

:rofl:thats freakin funny

Who cares at this point? Yeah everyone in here has been bitchibg about the kit not being released on time but I've read that there are more people concerned about the kit being correct and accurate than about the release.

5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

:rofl:thats freakin funny

Who cares at this point? Yeah everyone in here has been bitchibg about the kit not being released on time but I've read that there are more people concerned about the kit being correct and accurate than about the release.

Nothing a sanding stick and five minutes of wrist action can't fix. There are decals out for slime lights in various forms as well. Might even be on the AMK decal sheet right now. Anyway, I'm not loosing thirty seconds of sleep over it. 

Gary

2 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Nothing a sanding stick and five minutes of wrist action can't fix. There are decals out for slime lights in various forms as well. Might even be on the AMK decal sheet right now. Anyway, I'm not loosing thirty seconds of sleep over it. 

Gary

But, but, but, I have bad wrists!

Couldn't be more correct about a simple sanding job Gary, fixes a lot of problems on a lot of kits.

16 hours ago, Whiskey said:

But, but, but, I have bad wrists!

Couldn't be more correct about a simple sanding job Gary, fixes a lot of problems on a lot of kits.

Can't be any worse than me! I deal problems linked to playing in the jungle, leaning my fingers frozen up. I can do it, just the same, but at a slower pace than most.

Gary

26 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Funny, though, how they've modeled part of the wing box, including the hydraulic actuator. Like that will ever be seen.

My thoughts exactly. Have to say I love that detail though. I wonder whether the actuator actually has at least some function too? Now that I look again, seems it's fixed so probably not.

1 hour ago, janman said:

My thoughts exactly. Have to say I love that detail though. I wonder whether the actuator actually has at least some function too? Now that I look again, seems it's fixed so probably not.

No, its fixed in place. There are three different ones included in the kit for three different wing position options. Would be cool though. Imagine tiny little hydraulic pumps to run the tiny little hydraulic actuators :naughty:

Edited by Mstor
12 hours ago, Mstor said:

Imagine tiny little hydraulic pumps to run the tiny little hydraulic actuators 

And tiny little turbofans and tiny little pilot/RIO and tiny little catapults on a tiny little carrier on a tiny little ocean...

but does the tiny little landing gear retract?

can this thread get any more ludicrous?  maybe just a tiny bit......

15 hours ago, Mstor said:

The one piece engine nacelles look nice. Funny, though, how they've modeled part of the wing box, including the hydraulic actuator. Like that will ever be seen.

Same goes for the pivot and the wing box structure. At least if someone wants to do a jet in maintenance he has something to work on.  

6 hours ago, habu2 said:

And tiny little turbofans and tiny little pilot/RIO and tiny little catapults on a tiny little carrier on a tiny little ocean...

but does the tiny little landing gear retract?

can this thread get any more ludicrous?  maybe just a tiny bit......

You don't think Mstor was just jesting? 

And what I meant was whether those actuators were moving in accordance with the wings - before realising it doesn't have moving wings in the first place.

Edited by janman
23 hours ago, Mstor said:

The one piece engine nacelles look nice. Funny, though, how they've modeled part of the wing box, including the hydraulic actuator. Like that will ever be seen.

Yeah, the famous Tomcat's titanium box which was apparently quite difficult to make at the time.

Some details look different than on this diagram, though.

f14-detail-wsm-01.gif

Still, details like these is why I'm waiting for the AMK kit - it feels a bit closer to a replica rather than an empty shell.

Edited by ijozic
3 hours ago, janman said:

You don't think Mstor was just jesting? 

And what I meant was whether those actuators were moving in accordance with the wings - before realising it doesn't have moving wings in the first place.

I think he knew I was just having some fun, as was he. We all take ourselves a bit too seriously sometimes. Its healthy when we can laugh at ourselves.

51 minutes ago, F-16 said:

I guess this is what it looks like with some primer...

51104d58d1.jpg

It would have been nice if they could have made separate pieces for those movable wing cover things like Tamiya did. I always find it disconcerting when one sees the big gap left when the wing is swung back. It spoils the illusion.

8 minutes ago, Mstor said:

It would have been nice if they could have made separate pieces for those movable wing cover things like Tamiya did. I always find it disconcerting when one sees the big gap left when the wing is swung back. It spoils the illusion.

They did... check the earlier pictures. This is showing a set attached. 

5 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

They did... check the earlier pictures. This is showing a set attached. 

You're right. Thanks for catching that, but then why the big gap in the pics above? Did they not install the correct pieces ( see two sets by the way)?