@ Habu,

Yes indeed. Just one pic of the rear fuselage parts would end all this.

As a result, I warn everybody who care about accuracy to wait before buying what ia already the most debated kit in history. Crazy, given the abundance of high quality Tomcats kits out there.

You know I just had the thought after reading another two pages of mindless drivel with an absolute zero sense of direction. The only bright light was from Mr. Roof. Perhaps you need to finally admit that YOU had NO serious intention to adding serious comment in the conversation. I for one intend on recieving two kits. Not three or four because I never ever thought much of the Tomcat! Yet I think even less of the constant drool from the shill acting like trolls working had to disrupt this thread. Go over and disrupt another thread on another kit.

Gary

Edited by ChesshireCat
Xyz
6 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Neither you, or anyone else has been able to prove, with definitive photos or any other information, that there is a flaw in the kit. Simply because you "think" there is one, doesn't mean there is one. I actually find it a bit comical, especially considering the fact that images of the production kit have been few and you're basing your somewhat matter of fact statement on what has been said to be an early test shot. For those that have been so sure of yourselves about 'flaws', I have a feeling there is a plate of crow warming in an oven for you.

Great Wall releasing their kit first wouldn't change a thing with regards to AMK. You know why? Because despite the issues AMK has had with this kit, as well as the perceived lack of communication, their kit will still sell very well. Many of their biggest critics will end up buying the kit and in a few months, this whole ridiculous thread will be forgotten by many of us.

Word !!

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

Perhaps you need to finally admit that YOU had NO serious intention to adding serious comment in the conversation.

Gary, relax!

26 minutes ago, shion said:

f84d4a1013745194.jpg

So is this how the rear flanks on the AMK kit will look like? It does look wrong; was just watching at the review of the Tamiya Tomcat D kit on Flory Models, and that area doesn't nearly look like that on that kit. What's the deal? 

Manuel, could you please post some images of this area on your Tamiya kit? And why haven't you started building it yet?

Cheers,

Onigiri

7 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Neither you, or anyone else has been able to prove, with definitive photos or any other information, that there is a flaw in the kit. Simply because you "think" there is one, doesn't mean there is one. I actually find it a bit comical, especially considering the fact that images of the production kit have been few and you're basing your somewhat matter of fact statement on what has been said to be an early test shot. For those that have been so sure of yourselves about 'flaws', I have a feeling there is a plate of crow warming in an oven for you.

Hey man, do what you want: buy the kit, don't buy the kit: it's no skin off my nose. I merely pointed-out something I noticed, and you're free to disagree. That being said, I put infinitely more weight in what I see rather than in your feeling.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-29-at-12-23-39-PM.pn

17 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

The thread is 123 pages long so it could qualify for "eminent" under the definition ........but the kit is now relying on summer in the southern hemisphere, at least until December 31st when 2018 ends........

Ah, the pun was spotted.

26 minutes ago, GunsightOne said:

Hey man, do what you want: buy the kit, don't buy the kit: it's no skin off my nose. I merely pointed-out something I noticed, and you're free to disagree. That being said, I put infinitely more weight in what I see rather than in your feeling.

Same area, extremely different angles. This can change the look of everything.

54 minutes ago, anj4de said:

Strange...since in previous construction photos the curve looked ok!  I agree though that the later pics show quite heavy hips… 😉 Here the earlier construction Picture...

4567.jpg

cheers

Uwe

The area ahead of the stabilizer pivots looks to be a continuous curve. As pointed out previously, the area ahead of the pivot should be straight from the pivot to the first panel line before the air bags. Then it curves inward. You can see the difference in this pic of a Tamiya. BUT, the picture above is still not definitive. It does not have the top fuselage piece added and the camera angle is different than the Tamiya pic. That said, I have not seen anything yet that shows there isn't some problem here.

1318123952_Tamiyabuild.thumb.jpg.b79c13d1ed269547f6a4597702ddb0d1.jpg

2 hours ago, GunsightOne said:

I think that this comparison is pretty clear! The kit is way off the real jet. And I don't think that excuses like photos from different angle, or shadows or whatever have a place here. 

17 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

I think that this comparison is pretty clear! The kit is way off the real jet.

Restore a bit of perspective and it is not so clear...

y4mchkdjEybgyckKve6byhm2kyIbaOsWDHAnEM_G

Most of the shape difference is in the inflatable area.

6 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

It appears that the shape is a bit off, but it does look like most of it is in the inflatable bag area. That means, at least for me, I'll never see it because I'll have the wings swept. 😁

looking at the top yes, but when you raise the model to have a look at the lower surfaces? 

44 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

looking at the top yes, but when you raise the model to have a look at the lower surfaces? 

Not only that but with all the people wanting to build the tomcat with the wings extended, it will be even more noticable. Just saying....

Edited by adamitri
Spelling
45 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

There are separate bag parts for the swept wings. 

That may in fact be where alot of the discrepancies lie, perhaps those were used for the photo builds instead of the ones for the unswept wings. 

Now where is the gif for beating the dead horse?