2 hours ago, shion said:

Another strange thing:

AMK built test shot:

focus on the flaps, look how long they're, the angle they made with the wing and where they're on the fuselage side.

45358969_1964415310313299_58625474060416

Now a real F-14D, with flaps in cat position:

990px-US_Navy_060310-N-0685C-017_tlantic

That is weird. Looks like either the fuselage is too thick at the point where it meets the flap, or the flap is not wide enough at the fuselage side. Strange.

19 minutes ago, glorystomper said:

"Nothing wrong with the back of the Tomcat"

According to Martin on the official AMK Fan Club facebook post about 4 hours ago.. 

Martin Wilson Forget the absurd “comparisons” from Internet forums. The angle of the pictures they have exacerbate the lines. There’s no issue.

I'm sorry, those pics do not disprove anything. The pic of the real F-14 is at a different angle than that of the model. It exaggerates the curve. Makes it look like the AMK's curve when it is not. Look at the other pics that have been posted.

52 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

If I may correct you sir, on the real thing, the rear fuselage on the outboard side of the vertical stab does slope down and is not flat (parallel) to the ground.

Respectfully,

GW

Correction made. Thank you sir.

12 minutes ago, Mstor said:

I'm sorry, those pics do not disprove anything. The pic of the real F-14 is at a different angle than that of the model. It exaggerates the curve. Makes it look like the AMK's curve when it is not. Look at the other pics that have been posted.

i'm not trying to disprove anything.. i'm one of the people that want their money back from the pre-order..

i was just posting a link to martin's reply to the topic.. he has done it on facebook, but not here.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

That is weird. Looks like either the fuselage is too thick at the point where it meets the flap, or the flap is not wide enough at the fuselage side. Strange.

Or it's glued on wrong. The one on the model looks to be not dropped enough.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:54 AM, delide said:

OT. Indeed the Tamiya looks spot on to me , you meant Tamiya is supported by Grumman? That's really cool,  how do you know if I may ask?

Yes, Grumman supported our product.

Happy modeling!

Edited by gtypecanare
Added note
1 hour ago, glorystomper said:

i'm not trying to disprove anything.. i'm one of the people that want their money back from the pre-order..

i was just posting a link to martin's reply to the topic.. he has done it on facebook, but not here.

OOPS! I got it backward, my bad. My apologies. Sometimes it is difficult to tell with online communications like this.

And while the F-14 gate goes on the absolutely beautiful Tamiya F-14D is selling for under 65 bucks in Japan..and selling by the truckload..Joshin in Osaka went from 24 to 5 in two hours..lol..horse bolted..another 3 to the collection..the never weighing popularity of the F-14 was evident st the Osaka hobby show a week and a bit ago..18 1/48th F-14’s in a regional show..2Hasegawa the rest Tamiya..

if you ever visit Japan make sure you time it to go to a big show the tools on display to buy are worth it alone..

Edited by dehowie
3 minutes ago, dehowie said:

And while the F-14 gate goes on the absolutely beautiful Tamiya F-14D is selling for under 65 bucks in Japan..and selling by the truckload..Joshin in Osaka went from 24 to 5 in two hours..lol..horse bolted..another 3 to the collection..the never weighing popularity of the F-14 was evident st the Osaka hobby show a week and a bit ago..18 1/48th F-14’s in a regional show..2Hasegawa the rest Tamiya..

if you ever visit Japan make sure you time it to go to a big show the tools on display to buy are worth it alone..

Would love to see pictures of those builds;). Thinking about making a Japan trip next month for model shopping and sushi...

definitely need to put the big shows on my calendar for next year!

brian 

2 hours ago, dehowie said:

if you ever visit Japan make sure you time it to go to a big show the tools on display to buy are worth it alone.

Ah to be young again, but with money this time 😉

Theres no issue with the back end.
The photographs and lines make for an optical illusion.

I have posted comparison pictures on facebook. I'll be taking samples to Telford. If you're there you can see for yourself.

I don't feel the need to post endless proof to forums because the kit will speak for itself. At the ned of the day, modelers will buy it or not as the case may be.

I think that once you see the final product and the ad infinitum reviews come out then all will be answered. Life is too short to get all knotted up about a kit that you haven't seen yet.

I admit that the delay is frustrating for all not just modelers. There is a reaon for it but I am not able to share at this point. All will become clear.

35 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

I have posted comparison pictures on facebook. I'll be taking samples to Telford. If you're there you can see for yourself.

I don't feel the need to post endless proof to forums because the kit will speak for itself. At the ned of the day, modelers will buy it or not as the case may be.

I think that once you see the final product and the ad infinitum reviews come out then all will be answered. Life is too short to get all knotted up about a kit that you haven't seen yet.

I admit that the delay is frustrating for all not just modelers. There is a reaon for it but I am not able to share at this point. All will become clear.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo well said Martin , good shot !

Very good summary of these 132 pages.

I have already paid for it and ready to wait for it as long as it is needed !

Thanks a lot.

Madcop :yahoo:

42 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

I think that about sums it up.

47 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Nicely put, and  in essence of my earlier post...

Unfortunately, I will miss Telford, but....

Many thanks!

Speaking of the back end, the AMK F110 exhausts look pretty nice. Since I’m unwilling to mine this whole post for information about that, and could use some positive discussion, what’s the deal with them? Are they many pieces? Slide molded? Anyone have some info on that ?

Also: the Sparrows have two different radomes. I never knew that this varied. Supwitdat?

Hey! That was me in the above picture, wearing a Batman mask, mocking Haley Joel Osment's character on The Sixth Sense.

The picture took a lot of doing; like I had to put on some makeup round my eyes, and find a blanket in the approximate color the character is covered with in the film.

Now that Martin has finally replied nobody seems to care that it was because of that picture I summoned Martin to reply on this thread! :explode:

What a nerve, everyone...

1 hour ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Well, everyone will now say "Martin has spoken, end of discussion".  It may be the end of the discussion but it doesn't change my opinion or observations. I already gave my views on the photos he posted. Hopefully someone will take some good photos at Telford and we will be able to make better judgements of the areas in question. If I am wrong I will happily admit it.