1 minute ago, Doppelgänger said:

Hey! That was me in the above picture, wearing a Batman mask, mocking Haley Joel Osment's character on The Sixth Sense.

The picture took a lot of doing; like I had to put on some makeup round my eyes, and find a blanket in the approximate color the character is covered with in the film.

Now that Martin has finally replied nobody seems to care that it was because of that picture I summoned Martin to reply on this thread! :explode:

What a nerve, everyone...

Wow, then well done Sir! Your summoning powers are truly impressive. My only complaint is, what took you so long? :whistle:

43 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Aaaahhh, complaints, complaints, complaints; you know? "The AMK Tomcat kit rear flanks look kind of funny..."

Girlie wouldn't agree to lend me her makeup, so I stole it while she was out.  :naughty:

Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Carry on!

On 11/4/2018 at 6:48 AM, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Why? Because I incorrectly named a vendor which was corrected?

Save your self righteous corrections for someone who gives a shoot 

Fasten your seatbelts everybody. Here we go again.

Oh, this is hilarious.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:24 PM, Dave Roof said:

To be perfectly clear, I really have no dog in this fight. I couldn't care less about the F-14 or scale models of it. Will I build one? Probably.....maybe. Do I really, really care if it is accurate or not? No, not really. For this particular aircraft, I'm a TLAR modeler (that looks about right). 

None of the photos I've posted are mine either. I've simply re-posted images that others have. I'm just making an attempt at being a voice of reason in this endless sea of negative complaints. It's actually quite sad to see AMK being verbally treated the way they are by a bunch of scale modelers who have a ridiculous sense of entitlement. 

It amazes me too Dave. Adults acting like hysterical kids.

3 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Theres no issue with the back end.
The photographs and lines make for an optical illusion.

I have posted comparison pictures on facebook. I'll be taking samples to Telford. If you're there you can see for yourself.

I don't feel the need to post endless proof to forums because the kit will speak for itself. At the ned of the day, modelers will buy it or not as the case may be.

I think that once you see the final product and the ad infinitum reviews come out then all will be answered. Life is too short to get all knotted up about a kit that you haven't seen yet.

I admit that the delay is frustrating for all not just modelers. There is a reaon for it but I am not able to share at this point. All will become clear.

Edited by galfa

here is the photo Martin uploaded last. because someone asked.

45452566_1972386329521791_86417016438401

now the issue about the rear of the fuselage. Yes I get to be the red line guy.

the the top of the airbag is more or less parallel to the bottom

34-L.jpg

the AMK kit that we have pictures of. (it could be just a test shot, and MAYBE AMK has done some retooling)

the line is not straight .

36-L.jpg

to me it looks like the fuselage is too thick, requiring the area between the vertical and horizontal stabs to have too much of a slope and the air bags to swoop up to seal the gap .

Edited by dylan
26 minutes ago, galfa said:

Nice try Martin.

Your message confirms beyond doubt that the rear fuselage of the Tomcat AMK is grossly inaccurate.

The single photograph you posted on Facebook is a picture taken from above when it is clear that errors regarding the rear fuselage of the Tomcat AMK are only visible from the side.

Personally I find disrespectful to all of us, and more particularly to those who have pre-ordered the Tomcat AMK, to liquidate the whole issue as an "optical illusion."

Even more disrespectful considering that you have repeatedly explained in this forum that the policy of the AMK is a policy of full openness towards the whole modelling community.

Yet it would take a single picture of the rear fuselage side to show that the Tomcat AMK is accurate, that it was indeed an "optical illusion".

A single photo taken from the side would be enough ... but it seems asking too much.

Then wait till next week, it will be at TELFORD...…...

Meantime, why not quit slagging the guy off, and open your gob again once it has been  made public instead of basing it on nothing more than an unsupported claim

15 minutes ago, galfa said:

Personally I find disrespectful to all of us, and more particularly to those who have pre-ordered the Tomcat AMK, to liquidate the whole issue as an "optical illusion."

Gandalf, relax!

I concur with you with respect to the fact that, if AMK ever wanted to settle the score about this, just one single picture would be enough. I really can't judge why Martin is not doing this, but out of respect to those who've pre-ordered; keep it cool until the kit is released.

How many kits have you pre-ordered? I've pre-ordered none, but I really wish this mistery would have been unveiled by now.

And yet, everyone should remember AMK has already released their 1/48 Kfir kit with a major flaw (the rule area on it was inexistent), which prompted me to getting the Kinetic kit. Some months ago AMK released this kit once again with a corrected fuselage, so I guess this is going to be the case with their F-14D kit IF the rear flanks were pants.

What I'm triying to say to you is that, having Martin already done this statement you've found disrepectful, AMK's reputation is seriously at stake if this were not true. You've got to give Martin at least that, don't you think?

Time to time, my mate. I've seen the deadline was moved further back to December.

Take it easy, everyone.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

2 hours ago, solher1 said:

I don't use Facebook, who can post the pictures Martin is talking about here?

jsolo

Here's both photos posted by Martin on Facebook (only one of his photos was reposted here)...

190394505_Martinspic.thumb.jpg.30a7c9f56545f34ff0a06f70dc404ab1.jpg1840371010_RealF-14fromMartin.jpg.af1e6548d3fee5d419a402c635fdf8c7.jpg

Edited by Mstor
23 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

And yet, everyone should remember AMK has already released their 1/48 Kfir kit with a major flaw (the rule area on it was inexistent), which prompted me to getting the Kinetic kit. Some months ago AMK released this kit once again with a corrected fuselage, so I guess this is going to be the case with their F-14D kit IF the rear flanks were pants.

Major flaw with AMK’s Kfir, are you sure? Let me explain, the so called area rule is one of the common optical illusion, which take affect at transonic speed and makes things appears coke bottle shaped. But that effect is non existant at stationationary. AMK still retooled their Kfir once they were told about the effect of that illusion, but the truth is that, as it’s the same case here, there are no IFs, there was no issue whatsoever with the kit, because even at M0.9 it’s hardly visible! But I guess those were the days when optical illusions are not commonly know.

Sorry, I can’t help, I'm not grey as Gandalf yet, but I pretty much agree with galfa. Professionalism is kind of rare these days, and it's a hobby industry, so what can I expect.

35 minutes ago, dylan said:

here is the photo Martin uploaded last. because someone asked.

45452566_1972386329521791_86417016438401

now the issue about the rear of the fuselage. Yes I get to be the red line guy.

the the top of the airbag is more or less parallel to the bottom

34-L.jpg

the AMK kit that we have pictures of. (it could be just a test shot, and MAYBE AMK has done some retooling)

the line is not straight .

36-L.jpg

to me it looks like the fuselage is too thick, requiring the area between the vertical and horizontal stabs to have too much of a slope and the air bags to swoop up to seal the gap .

More curves than Jennifer Lopez...JLO Tomcat!

47 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Gandalf, relax!

I concur with you with respect to the fact that, if AMK ever wanted to settle the score about this, just one single picture would be enough. I really can't judge why Martin is not doing this, but out of respect to those who've pre-ordered; keep it cool until the kit is released.

How many kits have you pre-ordered? I've pre-ordered none, but I really wish this mistery would have been unveiled by now.

What I'm triying to say to you is that, having Martin already done this statement you've found disrepectful, AMK's reputation is seriously at stake if this were not true. You've got to give Martin at least that, don't you think?

Time to time, my mate. I've seen the deadline was moved further back to December.

Take it easy, everyone.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

Did you flunk math?????? Can you read a micrometer? Even digital calipers?

3 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Hey! That was me in the above picture, wearing a Batman mask, mocking Haley Joel Osment's character on The Sixth Sense.

The picture took a lot of doing; like I had to put on some makeup round my eyes, and find a blanket in the approximate color the character is covered with in the film.

Is this the final release picture ? or a pre-production picture ?

The ears are all wrong, the curvature of the mask is fatally flawed, the space between the eyes is too wide.  Compared to the Moebius kit, which is obviously perfectly accurate, I will certainly be demanding my pre-order payment refunded.

Are you going to fix this pic before Telford ?  We are owed an explanation and photos of the corrected mask IMMEDIATELY !!!!

🙈   🙉   🙊

42 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Gandalf, relax!

Simple to answer that one. Because I am in the UK and the parts are in China. I have no access to them and there are various iterations of the kit of course.

A mold is not just a mold, it has to be tested and this build was just that. A test build. We are on about mold number 4.

The kit will speak for itself, I am confident. No amount of red lining from pictures of different angles will deter us from bringing out the best Tomcat. 

I have spoken to Sio this evening. The kit is on about version 4 and the GPS dome is corrected as are the bladders. 

I don't need to defend anything here so I doubt I'll answer any more here because it seems to cause problems of it's own. The kit is delayed and for that I am personally very sorry.

There are very good reasons but reasons I cannot share for commerical and legal reasons. Put it this way, there are eyes everywhere and through our own wish to be transparent we trusted someone. I'll leave it there.

Me? I am going to back to building my models. Why you may ask? Because I erroneously thought that I could help by being here, perhaps that is adding fuel to the situation so I'll be away until the kit is released.

See you all at Telford and you want to give me a nudge then it would be good to see you.

1 minute ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Simple to answer that one. Because I am in the UK and the parts are in China. I have no access to them and there are various iterations of the kit of course.

A mold is not just a mold, it has to be tested and this build was just that. A test build. We are on about mold number 4.

The kit will speak for itself, I am confident. No amount of red lining from pictures of different angles will deter us from bringing out the best Tomcat. 

I have spoken to Sio this evening. The kit is on about version 4 and the GPS dome is corrected as are the bladders. 

I don't need to defend anything here so I doubt I'll answer any more here because it seems to cause problems of it's own. The kit is delayed and for that I am personally very sorry.

There are very good reasons but reasons I cannot share for commerical and legal reasons. Put it this way, there are eyes everywhere and through our own wish to be transparent we trusted someone. I'll leave it there.

Me? I am going to back to building my models. Why you may ask? Because I erroneously thought that I could help by being here, perhaps that is adding fuel to the situation so I'll be away until the kit is released.

See you all at Telford and you want to give me a nudge then it would be good to see you.

And push for the f100d!!!!!!!?

2 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

sorry I won't be at Telford this year.... All the best!

24 minutes ago, delide said:

Let me explain, the so called area rule is one of the common optical illusion, which take affect at transonic speed and makes things appears coke bottle shaped. But that effect is non existant at stationationary. AMK still retooled their Kfir once they were told about the effect of that illusion, but the truth is that, as it’s the same case here, there are no IFs, there was no issue whatsoever with the kit, because even at M0.9 it’s hardly visible! But I guess those were the days when optical illusions are not commonly know.

Oh my........

agree, Habu

that post just couldn't mean what I thought it said

If it does, and it were true,,,,,,,,I have a serious problem with my old F-102 models, the F-106s, the Phantoms,,,,,,geez,,,,omg, my F-11 Tigers are alllll screwed up