Martin

thank you for the reply. I have a feeling that you are between a rock and a hard place over being able to tell us the exact status of the kit.

it cant be cheap making 4 versions of a mold, so kudos to AMK for wanting to get it right.

5 minutes ago, dylan said:

here are the latest pics Martin uploaded to facebook.

complete with red lines.

I have no idea what he's trying to prove with those photos. Will wait until Telford. Who on this forum is going there?

41 minutes ago, Rex said:

agree, Habu

that post just couldn't mean what I thought it said

If it does, and it were true,,,,,,,,I have a serious problem with my old F-102 models, the F-106s, the Phantoms,,,,,,geez,,,,omg, my F-11 Tigers are alllll screwed up

Sorry for the OT,  but thanks for paying attention Rex, I extra looked it up, it's all true, all optical illusions.

I know this is also OT

But, I can't be the only one thinking that we need a link to the info that Area Rule is just an optical illusion.

Entire aircraft programs were stopped, re-drawn, and then restarted to incorporate area rule into their design.

And if this is supposed to be some optical Illusion,,,,,,it affected station diagrams as well.

70,000 built Phantom models all over the world would be affected by this, just by themselves.

(sorry folks,,,,,,I thought "cough,,,,,,,BS" would be too rude to just type out, lol)

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

I have no idea what he's trying to prove with those photos. Will wait until Telford. Who on this forum is going there?

? It shows, from top, nothing is wrong. We will see the whole picture soon enough.

I would LOVE to see a three-way built of AMK, Tamiya and Great Wall. I hope someone does it in the future. Or at least some side-by-side pictures of the all three. It will be so fun. 

1 hour ago, delide said:

Hard to believe, right? But sorry, can't give you the link, trust me though, I looked up thoroughly. 🙂

Hard to believe ?  Why, because you read it on the interwebs ?

Maybe you confused the speed of sound (Mach) with the speed of light ?   For, as any aircraft approaches the speed of light, the Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction would make the airframe’s length appear to be shorter than it would be at rest (in a relative sense) but only in the direction of travel. Sorry, but you can’t apply Einstein’s theories in randomly chosen orthogonal axes.  Plus, I think the top speed of the Kfir is well below the speeds needed for such contraction phenomena.  Well below. 

Since your google-fu is weak (or non-existant) I CAN provide links....

Edited by habu2
3 hours ago, Timvkampen said:

pfff....this thread is amazingly fascinating and tiring at the same time...keep it up, we go for the record number of pages...

Oh and I pre-ordered as I think it is a great project by AMK!

What a great way to describe it. Nicely done!

6 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Simple to answer that one. Because I am in the UK and the parts are in China. I have no access to them and there are various iterations of the kit of course.

A mold is not just a mold, it has to be tested and this build was just that. A test build. We are on about mold number 4.

The kit will speak for itself, I am confident. No amount of red lining from pictures of different angles will deter us from bringing out the best Tomcat. 

I have spoken to Sio this evening. The kit is on about version 4 and the GPS dome is corrected as are the bladders. 

Thanks Martin,

Looking forward to seeing the kit hit the shelves and hope it's a great success. 

42 minutes ago, Alpagueur said:

but why do not you wait for the kit to come out? it has been said that there will be corrections I do not understand why to continue with these criticisms

Because that is what this forum is about.

AMK posted photo of their 1:48 F-14D on this thread for marketing reason. By these photos is clear that the AMK 1:48 F-14D is seriously flawed, accuracy wise.

As a result, members of this forum like me, who care about accuracy, are warning whoever cares about accuracy to stay far from this kit.

Then AMK says that their F-14D is - now - fine, but does not offer evidence of that, and will not offer evidence untill after they sell the kit at Telford.

So, why I have to wait until the kit come out to elaborate on what is already visible - here - since weeks? 

Edited by galfa

Predictable as always Galfa. Thanks for the input.
Your agends knows no bounds. Thanks for coming.

Not marketing reasons but for information. But that's all from me now. I won't bother.

If I can get hold of the plastic for Telford in time then I will show those that want to see.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models
15 minutes ago, galfa said:

Because that is what this forum is about.

It might be for you, Galfa........ I'm sure the majority of us are happy  to wait until Telford to see the plastic and (almost certainly) to buy the kit(s).

See you there, Martin !

14 hours ago, delide said:

Major flaw with AMK’s Kfir, are you sure? Let me explain, the so called area rule is one of the common optical illusion, which take affect at transonic speed and makes things appears coke bottle shaped. But that effect is non existant at stationationary. AMK still retooled their Kfir once they were told about the effect of that illusion, but the truth is that, as it’s the same case here, there are no IFs, there was no issue whatsoever with the kit, because even at M0.9 it’s hardly visible! But I guess those were the days when optical illusions are not commonly know.

Oh, my... :rolleyes: Oh, my...!!! So, in other words, AMK just took the grief of revising the whole Kfir kit fuselage to indulge merely on a whimsical common optical illusion. You can go tell that to an aeronautical engineer and see whether he slaps you on the shoulder ironically or he laughs his rump inside out in front of you. Allrighty then. 

14 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Did you flunk math?????? Can you read a micrometer? Even digital calipers?

No. Yes. Indeed... :hmmm:Why do you ask me, Gary?

14 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

I don't need to defend anything here so I doubt I'll answer any more here because it seems to cause problems of it's own. The kit is delayed and for that I am personally very sorry.

There are very good reasons but reasons I cannot share for commerical and legal reasons. Put it this way, there are eyes everywhere and through our own wish to be transparent we trusted someone. I'll leave it there.

Martin, it wasn't my intention to ask you to defend anything. It's up to you whether you do it or not. I just made a point to the fact that I was no-one to judge AMK for not having posted a single proof in order to explain to those who've pre-ordered (something I see you've finally come round to doing, anyways).

I haven't pre-ordered, so I'm not the one who was concerned, but I did see that there was a lot of members who had, and I could very easily understand their grief regarding this squabble on the rear flanks. My concern regarding my post was to those who were reading this thread, and saw that there was a discussion going on about this issue, and there was silence on part of AMK. Now, had I been one of the modellers who pre-ordered, I'd have certainly felt really uneasy regarding that silence, let me tell you.

Cheers,

Onigiri