1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

Not quite, Gary. What ever made you think so? Lots of good modellers out there; they're real gents as well. Might have to get an account started on there very soon.

Tis true and I would say it is a more active forum than ARC.

11 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Tis true and I would say it is a more active forum than ARC.

I concur; I wish I could ask the fellas at Britmodeller to have a good look on that issue on the AMK F-14D rear flanks at Telford tomorrow, so that they'd elaborate on it.

They don't seem to be nearly as neurotic about it on their thread regarding the AMK F-14D kit as we are on here, you know. It just makes me wonder...

12 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

I concur; I wish I could ask the fellas at Britmodeller to have a good look on that issue on the AMK F-14D rear flanks at Telford tomorrow, so that they'd elaborate on it.

They don't seem to be nearly as neurotic about it on their thread regarding the AMK F-14D kit as we are on here, you know. It just makes me wonder...

In general, they don't seem as obsessed with detail and accuracy as we are here. Of course, I think most of the modelers (aircraft) there do 1/72. A little harder to be obsessed with detail in that scale, though it can be done.

8 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Normal, Britmodeller is more for people with sound mind. :taunt:

4 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Not quite, Gary. What ever made you think so? Lots of good modellers out there; they're real gents as well. Might have to get an account started on there very soon.

That's right, Mark! It's going to be a really looooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnggg wait if not.

Cheers,

Onigiri

I used to frequent that board gleaning information on something RAF. Most all a great people, but there seemed to be a group that did their best to create havoc. Just went another direction. 

Yet BM seems to be one of the best sources for modern RAF to me! Laughingly, I call it the Airfix board!!

It IS the same test shot! I thought it looked familiar... (Note missing wing tips in BOTH pics) The flap is just broken off.

45400932_1973821352711622_64464821659442

36-L.jpg

45798284_2293429760750480_39730520969361

I also wonder what the status is of the weapons set? Are they going to release that before the Tomcat? They should be done by now..?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Edited by F-16
29 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

If that is the production kit, then the aft end has some issues.

Also, is it me or does the back end of the TARPS Pod look off, too long and pointy IMO.

End of TARPS

JM_2007_10_13_TARPS_020-X3.jpg

1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

It can be off in the back but that green vs purple line comparison is off too 😄

Wait a minute. I don't see any purple line. I see a red or maybe even very dark pink lines. I like red lines. I think some of them are waving to me. Where's the purple lines? Purple is the color of royalty. Those of you using purple lines obviously support my ascension to the throne because I am without a doubt the Emperor of the Universe.

Hold on, someone telling me to take my meds. They're trying to put this strange jacket on snna ihenb nj

Sorry about that folks. Mr. Mstor will be indisposed for a while until his medications kick. Carry on.

3 hours ago, F-16 said:

It IS the same test shot! I thought it looked familiar... (Note missing wing tips in BOTH pics) The flap is just broken off.

45798284_2293429760750480_39730520969361

I may be wrong, but I doubt this pic was taken at Telford. The OP mentions nothing about Telford in his post on Facebook, nor in any of the ensuing discussion.

P.S. I feel much better now :whistle:

Edited by Mstor
11 hours ago, Mstor said:

I may be wrong, but I doubt this pic was taken at Telford. The OP mentions nothing about Telford in his post on Facebook, nor in any of the ensuing discussion.

P.S. I feel much better now :whistle:

That might be true. It's the same exact test shot model in both pics. Also notice now the canopy is smooth with no frame details? I wonder if this is a resin mock-up? It looks too clean. Lot's of primer perhaps that covers up some panel lines?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

The purple line is on a F14A drawing so it is wrong regardless.......why do people keep posting F14A drawings and photos?  Not actually commenting on the kit as I don't even build 1/48 but how do you prove a point by posting the wrong material.....

13 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

The purple line is on a F14A drawing so it is wrong regardless.......why do people keep posting F14A drawings and photos?  Not actually commenting on the kit as I don't even build 1/48 but how do you prove a point by posting the wrong material.....

you are aware that most of the D models were rebuilt A models right? there is little to no shape difference in the basic airframe