7 minutes ago, 305swag said:

Nothing a few sanding sticks can't fix👍

And lose all the detail on them while at the same time making them look “soft” and uneven?  Nah.  I’ll stick to kits that ar done at least semi competently.  These plates are just one of many issues with this kit as it stands now.  Might as well build a HB kit then...

19 minutes ago, tony.t said:

Qué? Sixteen?!  Surely there's room for a couple of AMKs just for the wings, decals and stores? ...    ....

Tony

Well, when you like something a lot like I do Tomcats and kits done “properly” that’s the result.  If AMK has indeed rectified the issues posted here and elsewhere I’ll be more than happy to purchase several.

I guess what I (and perhaps others) don't understand is what version of the AMK F-14D are we looking at now? There has been mention of different test shots and poorly built models (not my thoughts just paraphrasing from the AMK rep) scattered throughout the last 10 or so pages that its getting harder to keep track of which version is which.  The AMK rep posted here on ARC earlier this week that the current rendition of the AMK Tomcat will be on display at Telford this weekend and that all will be revealed at that time and not to worry that it (the model) is accurate and fine. So are the latest pictures indeed from Telford and if so at what state is this iteration of the AMK model?

Btw, thanks to those sharing their knowledge of the F-14 with those of us who don't know the aircraft as well.

Regards.

It's funny...

A few posters on BM also said they could not find the AMK test shot model as well. Could these pictures be from the last show AMK went to a few weeks ago?

The more I look at the test shot the more I am inclined to say that it is a 3-D printed model. The Canopy is too smooth to be injection plastic. Plus, some of the panel lines are missing (Sanded away?) and some are too deep(?). Plus the wing tips and fuselage strakes are missing.

It is possible that AMK did not have the latest test shot ready for the show and, instead, went with a 3-D printed model (?)

Let's hope Martin/Sio can let us know what's going on here...

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

You won't hear Martin anymore, thanks to you all, until this kit is released.

He said "If I have the parts from China, I will show them at Telford.

These pics , taken "today" are nothing more than the ones we saw before.

If you can't see that, sorry, but I really doubt about your modeller competence.

Don't loose your time, stop bashing, and go take care of whatever you want to. 

Life is so short, don't spoil it with plastic ! 

Madcop  

Besides those pics just posted, no one else has posted any pics of the AMK F-14D from Telford on Britmodeler. Based on what I see, the areas above the stab pivot is still curved and not straight as it should be. The "bump" over the stab pivot is still missing. One other thing that I have noticed is that the transition between the vertical and horizontal surfaces of the air bag as it approaches the wing (at full extension) is too soft. There should be a relative sharp edge there. I think this is also contributing to the perception of too much curve in the whole area from the air bag to the stab pivot.

I am also very confused about the nature of the display model. The canopy has no detail on it. No windshield or canopy body framework at all. As suggested, could this actually be a 3D print of the kit?

Just now, Mstor said:

Besides those pics just posted, no one else has posted any pics of the AMK F-14D from Telford on Britmodeler.

I doubt the pictures taken on the red table are from Telford: take a look at the floor and compare to the gray painted concrete one from Model Art booth shot.

Just now, Andrea Bolla said:

I doubt the pictures taken on the red table are from Telford: take a look at the floor and compare to the gray painted concrete one from Model Art booth shot.

This thread is going places.

Now we are comparing floors to figure out what version of a test shot we are looking at.

6 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Besides those pics just posted, no one else has posted any pics of the AMK F-14D from Telford on Britmodeler. Based on what I see, the areas above the stab pivot is still curved and not straight as it should be. The "bump" over the stab pivot is still missing. One other thing that I have noticed is that the transition between the vertical and horizontal surfaces of the air bag as it approaches the wing (at full extension) is too soft. There should be a relative sharp edge there. I think this is also contributing to the perception of too much curve in the whole area from the air bag to the stab pivot.

I am also very confused about the nature of the display model. The canopy has no detail on it. No windshield or canopy body framework at all. As suggested, could this actually be a 3D print of the kit?

few weeks ago, when first pics of this test build appear here:

On 10/5/2018 at 9:22 PM, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Thanks for sharing the pictures Solo but what you didn't mention was that those were test shots and not the final product of course.

They were also put together by a non modeller but a friend of ours who rushed them out for us at eDay.

Little resemblance to the actual kit but the engineering remains the same of course. Come a long way since those 🙂

12 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

The purple line is on a F14A drawing so it is wrong regardless.......why do people keep posting F14A drawings and photos?  Not actually commenting on the kit as I don't even build 1/48 but how do you prove a point by posting the wrong material.....

The area in question is the same for all Tomcats, for the B's and D's, only the engine, engine shrouds and aft Shroud Fairings were changed. The horizontal stab pivot area are identical for all Tomcats.

4 hours ago, shion said:

The author is a contributor for the famous japanese modelling magazine Model Art, 

they send some contrbutors at the SMW and they have a booth here.

DrooOOlX0AUU76n.jpg

Well, I can confirm that this image was taken at Telford yesterday, as I bought one of those Su-27 Flanker books from them - and I picked up several of Hypersonic's correction sets for  ZM Phantoms from Jeffrey's stand next door........

1 hour ago, madcop said:

You won't hear Martin anymore, thanks to you all, until this kit is released.

He said "If I have the parts from China, I will show them at Telford.

These pics , taken "today" are nothing more than the ones we saw before.

If you can't see that, sorry, but I really doubt about your modeller competence.

Don't loose your time, stop bashing, and go take care of whatever you want to. 

Life is so short, don't spoil it with plastic ! 

Madcop  

I’m sorry but what is your issue?  If you don’t want to talk about any of this then don’t!  You’re free to scroll down the jet modeling page for other topics if you want.  If there are NO issues (or very minor issues) with the final production version of this kit then we’ll all be happy, right?  But what if what we see now is what will ship out to people?  These errors aren’t just on the so-called resin mock up.  The IFR area looks to be the same on real plastic.  If you want to fawn all over AMK or if you’re afraid of making them mad then skip this whole thing and wait for the kit to be released.  I gather you’ll buy one or more of these even if these same errors are all there right?  No one will stop you.  

At the end of the day we all want to spend our hard earned $$$ on things we know are good for each of us.  As an F-14 fanboy (yes, I’m one), I can tell you this, I’m not liking what I see in these pics.

Not Telford but a different show in Hong Kong, but regardless, those are new photos and not pictures from months ago.

Folks at BM say they didn't see any Tomcat at Telford.

Perhaps they missed the viewing period or it was shown privately?

On 11/5/2018 at 4:19 PM, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Theres no issue with the back end.
The photographs and lines make for an optical illusion.

I'll be taking samples to Telford. If you're there you can see for yourself.

Dear Martin,

Can you keep your word? Telford is over and we are still waiting to see your samples. 

That's something not impossible, given this photo posted on AMK Facebook. All these parts look very much final...

8A3lF8.jpg

Something like this would help much:

WhjDL2.png

Edited by galfa

I get the sneaking suspicion we're going hear/read one of the following sooner or later:

"Unfortunately due to xXxX reason we had to put the tomcat on hold indefinitely. But we will be issuing the weapons set soon"

"Surprise! The Tomcat has been shipped to our distributors...."

16 minutes ago, galfa said:

Dear Martin,

Can you keep your word? Telford is over and we are still waiting to see your samples. 

Dear Galfa,

Were you at Telford ? As you quoted, Martin clearly wrote:

I'll be taking samples to Telford. If you're there you can see for yourself.

I don’t see anything that suggests he gave his word he would post samples here.  Do you ?

20 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Dear Galfa,

Were you at Telford ? As you quoted, Martin clearly wrote:

I don’t see anything that suggests he gave his word he would post samples here.  Do you ?

Well that's the thing. He did say he would have samples at Telford, but, so far, no one who was at Telford saw any such samples. In fact, from what I read on Britmodeler, it doesn't sound like they had a booth. Martin did say something in his post about the plastic he showed being on the Alclad II stand. Does that mean he set up some samples there? I'll post a question over on Britmodeler and see if anyone knows any more.

28 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Dear Galfa,

Were you at Telford ? 

Dear habu2,

No, haven't been at Telford this year.  Last year yes, but not this year. However, four different friends of mine have been there both days.   All four searched the Tomcat AMK long and wide and did not find it.

Please, Martin, keep your word... please

Edited by galfa
11 hours ago, shion said:

How?

These reinforcement plates aren't one profile extrusion, but several profiles extrusions one on another.

Reason why Furball provided a PE rendition, with 3 layers. 

Well, I would sand it off and us a AM set. Maybe one of the photo etch sets from eduard may work on the AMK, when it's released of course.

9 hours ago, F-16 said:

It's funny...

A few posters on BM also said they could not find the AMK test shot model as well. Could these pictures be from the last show AMK went to a few weeks ago?

The more I look at the test shot the more I am inclined to say that it is a 3-D printed model. The Canopy is too smooth to be injection plastic. Plus, some of the panel lines are missing (Sanded away?) and some are too deep(?). Plus the wing tips and fuselage strakes are missing.

It is possible that AMK did not have the latest test shot ready for the show and, instead, went with a 3-D printed model (?)

Let's hope Martin/Sio can let us know what's going on here...

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I find it hard to believe that AMK would let these problems go.

They might be working hard right now to fix them.