13 hours ago, galileo1 said:

All I’ll say is that if this is what AMK will ship out as the final, production kit then I’m sorry, they missed the mark enormously here.  If not, then I think at this point, for their own benefit, they should really try to show the kit as is in its current state.

Yes, people will still buy it regardless...but how many?  I purchased a total of 16 Tamiya Tomcats.  Please tell me AMK, why would I chose you over Tamiya at this point?  The deployed wings aren’t enough anymore at  this stage...

16???? Holy cow! If you got them for $75, that would be $1,200. I thought I loved the Tomcat! ☺️

3 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

None of those pictures are from Telford!

Usual old mold photos.

I showed a few people at Telford the pictures of the latest version. Perhaps they will post their thoughts?

The plastic I showed was on the Alclad II stand with Mick Burr and Mark Davey et al.

Hi Martin

I appreciate your past help and the difficulty of your job right now. So I understand if you can’t tell us more, but...

A few pages back, when discussing the old photos you said it was an optical illusion and nothing was wrong with the kit (referring to the old pics). Now you seem to say that those are the ‘usual old molds’ and that there is a ‘latest version’ that we have not seen before.  I find this to be inconsistent and curious. 

On top of that, if what Galfa is saying is correct, there seems to be no display or chatter about this kit at Telford, as he had four of his friends looking for this. It is unclear who saw the pictures you showed there. And why not post them here?

i have to say the whole thing is starting to take on a strange feeling. If you/AMK chooses to engage these forums and FB, transparency and unambiguity is becoming paramount imo. Otherwise you are running the risk of damaging the brand quite badly I fear. 

Hope it has been just a few pages of miscommunication and that things are being fixed.

and on a personal level, I hope all’s is well with you. 

3 hours ago, Janissary said:

A few pages back, when discussing the old photos you said it was an optical illusion and nothing was wrong with the kit (referring to the old pics).

He also said he wouldnt post here again.

I wonder why he wont post the pictures he allegedly showed to some people at Telford? 

If AMK has fixed the problems as he said this should not be a problem.

8 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

16???? Holy cow! If you got them for $75, that would be $1,200. I thought I loved the Tomcat! ☺️

Lol!  I went on a buying binge for a while there. Divorce does that to ya 😂😜

13 hours ago, goondman said:

I get the sneaking suspicion we're going hear/read one of the following sooner or later:

"Unfortunately due to xXxX reason we had to put the tomcat on hold indefinitely. But we will be issuing the weapons set soon"

"Surprise! The Tomcat has been shipped to our distributors...."

This! I wholly agree with you, Goondman. I think something is starting to smell awfully rotten in the AMK camp. I've always find it terrible the way AMK communicates to their customers. Ever since they created this hype with regard to kits which were supposedly being researched for development (1/48 SuE, MiG-25PD, etc), then the info was just crap.

Had I pre-ordered the AMK F-14D kit, and after all this fuss about the shape issue with the rear flanks - now it's also the case with the TARPS pod - today I would have felt insulted that Martin would come to the thread to say "Oh, I've showed some of the actual F-14D kit to a few people over at Telford" , and yet made the slightest attempt to either share it here with everybody - or at least with those who've pre-ordered! 

That having been said, I'm really glad I didn't pre-order, because that's like a 101-Crash Course on how to lose customers. There's at least one customer on this thread who've pre-ordered who's wishing to have his money back. That's awful, Martin. It's a shame.

Cheers,

Onigiri

I do not care about how AMK is running his business , that's AMK's problem, not mine.

I do not care about the way AMK is communicating, that's AMK's problem, not mine.

I do not care about Martin's way of communicating , but I can understand it after having followed the 10% interesting content out of these 140 pages thread ( that's becoming more of a pamphlet than a sound discussion)

I do not care whether Martin had brought the last samples with him at Telford and to who he showed them or not. That's his business, not mine !

I just trust what I see and hold in my hands.

I pre ordered the kit through Indigogo knowing , by references to the other AMK products I already had, that at the end of the project I would have a quality product and I felt that AMK was deserving this kind of fund raising and the little if no risk I took.

So, I do not care about the time it takes to AMK to finish his project. ( Daddy, is Great Britain still far away ? ………. Shut up and swim !)

Do I feel betrayed by AMK ? Just guess.

Shall I buy more AMK product ?  Yes of course as long as I keep interest in the subject.

Amen !

Edited by terrysumner
2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

This! I wholly agree with you, Goondman. I think something is starting to smell awfully rotten in the AMK camp. I've always find it terrible the way AMK communicates to their customers. Ever since they created this hype with regard to kits which were supposedly being researched for development (1/48 SuE, MiG-25PD, etc), then the info was just crap.

Had I pre-ordered the AMK F-14D kit, and after all this fuss about the shape issue with the rear flanks - now it's also the case with the TARPS pod - today I would have felt insulted that Martin would come to the thread to say "Oh, I've showed some of the actual F-14D kit to a few people over at Telford" , and yet made the slightest attempt to either share it here with everybody - or at least with those who've pre-ordered! 

That having been said, I'm really glad I didn't pre-order, because that's like a 101-Crash Course on how to lose customers. There's at least one customer on this thread who've pre-ordered who's wishing to have his money back. That's awful, Martin. It's a shame.

Cheers,

Onigiri

Absolutely correct! Totally agree with you.

Since they have our money, AMK people are obliged to officially take position on whether the problems are fixed or not. Whether the kit will be released with corrected rear fuselage and AAR door or not. And obviously announce a solid release date! It is at least frustrating to keep the customers uninformed who actually paid for this and after 18 months still they have nothing in their hands. Far worse for the people that run shops (including myself) and pre-ordered dozens (some hundreds) of boxes. This is what I call cheap communication policy and disrespect for the customer. A pre-order makes sense when it’s for a reasonable timeframe, i.e. 3-4 months maximum. OK we were patient for a bit more, and some more time on top of that, but this is too much. Already my customers are cancelling their orders one by one and ask for their money back. I don’t blame Martin of course, after all he is a nice guy, I ask for an official voice from AMK.  The latest update from Martin about showing some pictures at Telford is at least childish. Pictures don’t mean nothing. Why don’t you guys show us the real thing? And why don’t you post something in this forum? I hope to prove wrong but I think that we still have a long way until release date, if that date ever comes.

3 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Ya, their lack of communication is puzzling. I hope it all works for everyone involved......

35 minutes ago, IAGeezer said:

"The model shown is part 3D printed. It’s mold 1 and we are on mold 4. 
No basis of comparison the current kit. " - Martin Wilson, on FB

That really begins to be embarrasing or suspicious.

Quote of the same person months ago:

On 10/5/2018 at 9:22 PM, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Thanks for sharing the pictures Solo but what you didn't mention was that those were test shots and not the final product of course.

They were also put together by a non modeller but a friend of ours who rushed them out for us at eDay.

Little resemblance to the actual kit but the engineering remains the same of course. Come a long way since those 🙂

So the same test shot with the same missing parts and the same problems become today in the end a 3D printed model.

And I'm very curious to know how he will explain the fact that you can found the same problems (curvy aft, IFR doors axis...) on the plastics parts?

Edited by shion

21c986ee3d6d55fb9b14597c60224f4a21a4dd7c

Spoon looks way out of scale to me and the lines on the boys shirt are not straight and true (don't even get me going on the incorrect color scheme)...

...and I'm gone...

Related image

:wasntme:

1 hour ago, shion said:

And there's definetly a problem not only with the curve of the aft side, but with the thickness of the side wall too.

Look at this shot.

And look at a real tomcat:

How many times does it need to be stated that what you all keep posting are images of one of the first test shots that incorporates some 3D printed parts!? Seriously, you all keep finding "flaws" on the same old test shot. Martin has said repeatedly that they have since corrected many of the issues you all keep pointing out. He has also said that what keeps being shown is parts made on mold 1 and they are now on mold 4. 

Either you all seriously lack comprehension skills or you just want to keep beating the same dead horse to show how cool you are. 

Personally, I can't wait for the kit to be released so it will prove once and for all how idiotic most of this thread is. Oh, and unless you made a payment directly to AMK for the kit or have a financial investment in the company, Martin or AMK doesn't owe you a damn thing! Nothing, Nada, Zip.......you are NOT entitled to ANYTHING, this includes photos of parts or an explanation from anyone involved with AMK.

6 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

How many times does it need to be stated that what you all keep posting are images of one of the first test shots that incorporates some 3D printed parts!? Seriously, you all keep finding "flaws" on the same old test shot. Martin has said repeatedly that they have since corrected many of the issues you all keep pointing out. He has also said that what keeps being shown is parts made on mold 1 and they are now on mold 4. 

Either you all seriously lack comprehension skills or you just want to keep beating the same dead horse to show how cool you are. 

Personally, I can't wait for the kit to be released so it will prove once and for all how idiotic most of this thread is. Oh, and unless you made a payment directly to AMK for the kit or have a financial investment in the company, Martin or AMK doesn't owe you a damn thing! Nothing, Nada, Zip.......you are NOT entitled to ANYTHING, this includes photos of parts or an explanation from anyone involved with AMK.

Really trying to understand here the mold 1 vs mold 4 (really). On November 5, Martin posted this:

Doesn't this imply that what we were looking at was indeed the final version? It says (1) what we are seeing in those pictures is an optical illusion due to the angle, (2) there is nothing wrong with the backside, and (3) Samples would be shown at Telford. 

I honestly cannot explain why if everything was an optical illusion and nothing was wrong, why is there discussion about new molds now. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

24 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

Right-click on the photo, choose "Copy image address" and then paste it in the new tab. Since then the image will load normally.

31977271838_294bb1a084_c.jpg

The chair in the background....its color looks like a good match for the Nelli's F-16 aggressors.

8 minutes ago, Janissary said:

Really trying to understand here the mold 1 vs mold 4 (really). On November 5, Martin posted this:

Doesn't this imply that what we were looking at was indeed the final version? It says (1) what we are seeing in those pictures is an optical illusion due to the angle, (2) there is nothing wrong with the backside, and (3) Samples would be shown at Telford. 

I honestly cannot explain why if everything was an optical illusion and nothing was wrong, why is there discussion about new molds now. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

How true!