Last weekend there was the Hong Kong Model Show.

Same table with red cloth on it, same floor, same sheets of A4 white paper with plastic sprues on it.

Only the ones I seen were of the Annetra Mi-17 kit. Oh yes the sprues of the Mi-17 Hip are manufactured by AMK.

So  . . .

Best regards

Gabor

16 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

How many times does it need to be stated that what you all keep posting are images of one of the first test shots that incorporates some 3D printed parts!? Seriously, you all keep finding "flaws" on the same old test shot. Martin has said repeatedly that they have since corrected many of the issues you all keep pointing out. He has also said that what keeps being shown is parts made on mold 1 and they are now on mold 4. 

Either you all seriously lack comprehension skills or you just want to keep beating the same dead horse to show how cool you are. 

Personally, I can't wait for the kit to be released so it will prove once and for all how idiotic most of this thread is. Oh, and unless you made a payment directly to AMK for the kit or have a financial investment in the company, Martin or AMK doesn't owe you a damn thing! Nothing, Nada, Zip.......you are NOT entitled to ANYTHING, this includes photos of parts or an explanation from anyone involved with AMK.

So the first images of AMK molds were released last february (2018).

First images of test shots were released the same time.

We've got to wait until october (8 months) to see the first build kit (with several parts lacking).

First critics came at this moment, AMK rep said that it's optic illusion/wrong photo angle/etc.

New photos emerged week after week and last week, AMK rep retry the optical illusion explantation, then explained that it's a mold V1 test build.

And now, it's not only a mold V1 test build, but with 3D printed parts?

Sorry but all this seems really fishy.

And as the plastic parts got the same problem, what's the point with the "3D printed parts explanation"?

1 minute ago, shion said:

We've got to wait until october (8 months) to see the first build kit (with several parts lacking).

First critics came at this moment, AMK rep said that it's optic illusion/wrong photo angle/etc.

New photos emerged week after week and last week, AMK rep retry the optical illusion explantation, then explained that it's a mold V1 test build.

And as the plastic parts got the same problem, what's the point with the "3D printed parts explanation"?

x100! 

I will agree with the "something fishy" part.

BUT, I am starting to believe it is other people acting fishy, not AMK.

Now, I build in 1/72, so I am obviously not as smart as 1/48 only guys.

But, when someone posts a photo and says it is version 1, then the discussion goes on until that same person says there is a version 4 of the parts out there,,,,,,,and then people keep using version 1 or version 2 photos to slam the kit,,,,,,,,,,,it makes it seem like it is being done on purpose. (not saying it is on purpose, but, geeez, if a dumb lil 1/72 builder can read and "get" this,,,,1/48 guys should see it before I do)

I only say this because this is an online "discussion", and everyone knows that every single person online is a shape and detail expert on every model subject ever produced,,,,,,,and that sort of implies that they "know" the difference between a version 1, 2, 3 and 4 of a model tooling.

I hope there isn't toooo much outrage aimed at AMK for "giving up" on the online discussion,,,,,,,,,I bet there are only about 3 people in this thread that would show as much patience with the sniping,,,,before they'd give up and let everyone see what the model looks like when they open up the box they bought.

And yes, before that gets typed, I do care,,,,,,,I have a project that will need one of each of the Tamiya kit and one AMK, when they are both able to sit on my bench next to each other.

Personally, I am very confused by all this. I have no clue which photos are supposed to be which version of the kit. It pretty obvious to us now that the built up model that's been shown is some very early interation, probably a 3D print. Fine. But the pics of the parts - all the ones I've seen still have problems.

I know AMK owes me nothing. I didn't pre-order. I just find their whole behavior in this matter to be rather demeaning of their customers. They started this whole mess with the pre-order drive to "fund the project ". Then posted pics of parts to entice us. Sang the praises of their new kit and stirred up their fan boy following on Facebook. But as soon as we started to point out possible problems, they have hemmed and hawed and refused to address the questions directly. I think it speaks poorly of them.

They need to up their game and be forthright. If we are all barking mad, then please, help us out here. Show us some real production parts. Explain what you have or have not done to address the issues we perceive. If we have further questions, do your best to answer them.

Well, I doubt they will do any of that. It would take too much of their time to do so. So, we will go back to waiting for some scrap of intel from AMK in the form of a photo or pronouncement from Martin. It grows weary.

Edited by Mstor
18 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Explain what you have or have not done to address the issues we perceive. If we have further questions, do your best to answer them.

If we are all barking mad, then please, help us out here.

Your (not meaning you directly, your, as in generalizing all) perception is not their (meaning AMK) reality and they do not have to explain anything to anyone, other than those financially invested in their business. How they addressed the kit initially is irrelevant at this point. 

You (again not you directly) can ask all the questions you want. AMK is in no way obligated to answer them. I honestly don't understand how some of you believe that AMK owes you daily updates on what is happening with AMK. How would you feel if someone walked into your place of business and demanded to know what goes on behind the scenes, and felt you owed them that explanation because they were a customer/client? 

If some of you are barking mad over a plastic model of an airplane, perhaps you need to step away from the hobby for a bit. AMK shouldn't have to help you out if you're "barking mad", talking to a professional counselor should suffice.

The kit will get here when it gets here. It will be correct or it will have issues. It will sell well or it won't. Continuing to cry like children because you're not getting your way isn't going to change a damn thing. 

Dave

1 hour ago, Janissary said:

Really trying to understand here the mold 1 vs mold 4 (really). On November 5, Martin posted this:

Doesn't this imply that what we were looking at was indeed the final version? It says (1) what we are seeing in those pictures is an optical illusion due to the angle, (2) there is nothing wrong with the backside, and (3) Samples would be shown at Telford. 

I honestly cannot explain why if everything was an optical illusion and nothing was wrong, why is there discussion about new molds now. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

RTFM you st..:bandhead2:

13 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Your (not meaning you directly, your, as in generalizing all) perception is not their (meaning AMK) reality and they do not have to explain anything to anyone, other than those financially invested in their business. How they addressed the kit initially is irrelevant at this point. 

You (again not you directly) can ask all the questions you want. AMK is in no way obligated to answer them. I honestly don't understand how some of you believe that AMK owes you daily updates on what is happening with AMK. How would you feel if someone walked into your place of business and demanded to know what goes on behind the scenes, and felt you owed them that explanation because they were a customer/client? 

If some of you are barking mad over a plastic model of an airplane, perhaps you need to step away from the hobby for a bit. AMK shouldn't have to help you out if you're "barking mad", talking to a professional counselor should suffice.

The kit will get here when it gets here. It will be correct or it will have issues. It will sell well or it won't. Continuing to cry like children because you're not getting your way isn't going to change a damn thing. 

Dave

Thanks Dave +1

Madcop

35 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Dave

Prozac????

2 hours ago, shion said:

Could be as simple as the old right hand left analogy

40 minutes ago, madcop said:

RTFM you st..:bandhead2:

Madcop

Just looking at your posts in this thread.... I admire your blissful and utter ignorance. You must think AMK will personally deliver to your door the best Tomcat out there with whip cream and cherries. Good for you 🍒

Anyone have an idea as to any options we have to get a refund from the pre-order? AMK provided a list of their distributors and when I decided to support them, I choose Sincere Hobby and was required to pay up front. Its been over a year now, so I cant file a dispute with Paypal and Sincere Hobby wont even respond to any of my emails about a refund.

Sure, this Tomcat might end up being the best one on the market, but at this point I dont care anymore and I just want my money back.

AMK should have stuck to Eastern European subjects and avoided all this flak. Doing American has put their head in a punchbag.

I wish AMK well but they should just proceed with what they have as V.4, whatever that is, or this is going to be the last ever kit they make because of sheer emotional exhaustion.

Tony 

1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

This is exactly the response I expected. Basically the same old "they don't have to answer any of your questions so shut up and go away". Really?  And just because I used the term "barking mad", which of course was an exaggeration for effect, you are now saying we all should get professional help? I express my opinion and get jumped on by you. Even though you said it wasn't me directly, its me you quoted and my words you referred to. Man, this whole discussion get get under one's skin if you let it. Think about that.

Oh, and I will not shut and walk away unless a moderator asks me to.

26 minutes ago, glorystomper said:

Anyone have an idea as to any options we have to get a refund from the pre-order? AMK provided a list of their distributors and when I decided to support them, I choose Sincere Hobby and was required to pay up front. Its been over a year now, so I cant file a dispute with Paypal and Sincere Hobby wont even respond to any of my emails about a refund.

Sure, this Tomcat might end up being the best one on the market, but at this point I dont care anymore and I just want my money back.

PayPal may still help you under the circumstances. Call them. Do not a file the dispute online

Surprised nobody has mentioned the GBU-12/16 with extended fins. AGM-123 Skipper was the only weapon I know of that had extended fins on deck/pre launch due to the bolted on Shrike motor preventing full fin fold back into the rear tail assembly. Never in my days have I seen modern GBU’s fins extended unless they were dropped (they extend once safe separation from the aircraft is assured). On deck they are closed. 

Cheers

Collin

5 minutes ago, Mstor said:

This is exactly the response I expected. Basically the same old "they don't have to answer any of your questions so shut up and go away". Really?  And just because I used the term "barking mad", which of course was an exaggeration for effect, you are now saying we all should get professional help? I express my opinion and get jumped on by you. Even though you said it wasn't me directly, its me you quoted and my words you referred to. Man, this whole discussion get get under one's skin if you let it. Think about that.

Oh, and I will not shut and walk away unless a moderator asks me to.

I never told anyone to shut up, or to go away. Yes, your 'barking mad' comment was an exaggeration and my comment about seeing a counselor if you're 'barking mad' over a plastic model was sarcasm. If you notice, I have quoted others in this thread and my responses in those instances were also generalized. You have been the only one to take it personally.

Not to stir the pot anymore (it probably will but here goes) but can someone explain to me why AMK is provided a GBU-12 with the airfoil wings deployed?

The only time those wings are out is after it has been released from the aircraft, it is not built up, stored, transported, loaded or even carried like that so what real use will that bomb be to modelers?

Oh, and please don't post pictures of the AGM-123 Skipper to show that a GBU is built up like that, two totally different weapons. For those who don't know what a Skipper was, it was a GBU-16 LGB with a AGM-45 Shrike rocket motor shoved up it's back end.............................and was a huge failure out in the fleet.

Edited by GW8345
Just now, Collin said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the GBU-12/16 with extended fins. AGM-123 Skipper was the only weapon I know of that had extended fins on deck/pre launch due to the bolted on Shrike motor preventing full fin fold back into the rear tail assembly. Never in my days have I seen modern GBU’s fins extended unless they were dropped (they extend once safe separation from the aircraft is assured). On deck they are closed. 

Cheers

Collin

They included those so the modeler can do an in flight "diorama" with the bombs as they would appear shortly after release from the aircraft. AMK is well aware they weren't open in any other situation.

2 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Not to stir the pot anymore (it probably will but here goes) but can someone explain to me why AMK is provided a GBU-12 with the airfoil wings deployed?

The only time those wings are out is after it has been released from the aircraft, it is not built up, stored, transported, loaded or even carried like that so what real use will that bomb be to modelers?

Oh, and please don't post pictures of the AGM-123 Skipper, that was a GBU-16 with a AGM-45 Shrike rocket motor shoved up it's back end.............................and was a huge failure out in the fleet.

See my response to Collin above.

3 minutes ago, Collin said:

Cheers

Collin

Was typing my post the exact same time you were posting this, scary!

1 minute ago, Dave Roof said:

They included those so the modeler can do an in flight "diorama" with the bombs as they would appear shortly after release from the aircraft. AMK is well aware they weren't open in any other situation.

Looking forward to those builds. 

Collin

1 minute ago, GW8345 said:

Was typing my post the exact same time you were posting this, scary!

Yeah, was wondering where you were, it caught both our eyes. Yours from loading/moving them and myself from dropping them. Funny. 

Collin