2 minutes ago, glorystomper said:

one of the official distributors (sincere hobby) certainly charged me for the pre-order..

I have one from them and paid for it too, but Sincere Hobby is not in the list Sio published:

So, to that end, we are listing again our distributors who took preorders from us below. Please note also, our distributors cannot sell AMK kits to other countries which AMK already have distributors there.

USA
Victory Models

HK
Mr. Shiu
Continental Models & Toys Co.

China
AMK Hobby, China

Korea
D-Corporation

Taiwan
AKO Hobby

Czech
Annetra s.r.o.

Malaysia
The Little Hobby Shop

Thailand
The Model World

Italy
Model Assistance

Russia
Hobby for Everybody

Australia
HobbyCo

Spain
Robotines

Indiegogo Campaign

So, if you have already oreordered, please contact our distributor to confirm you preorder!

Wish you a happy modeling life, and see you this weekend in Penang!

Cheers - Sio

I had two more from the previous Italian distributor that took no money for the preorder.

20 minutes ago, Andrea Bolla said:

I have one from them and paid for it too, but Sincere Hobby is not in the list Sio published:

It is. Continental Models & Toys Co. is AMK's agent in HK and Sincere Hobby is their online shop.

8 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

1. This is just an option!!! You can use it or leave it. The closed fins are also included. So . . .

URX8gik.jpg

u4j4q3c.jpg

2. Technologically the open fins are a master piece and I love it. Why is this important? It opens doors which have not been used in the past and in future kits it could be used to make some fascinating parts.

3. Why was it included in the set? One should ask Sio. I believe he liked the idea and for him it was a technological challenge and he likes them. Since he is doing the kit, he makes choices and includes what he likes.

4. One can say that making a kit of the Velorex by Eduard was a very silly idea. Very simple. Sulc liked it, he has the company and so he made it.

Best regards

Gabor

I am so buying this kit even just for the weapons. But I must say, GWH single piece missiles are great too. I wonder what will they include in their F-14 ? :) Oh boy I am excited. 

21 hours ago, Rex said:

I will agree with the "something fishy" part.

BUT, I am starting to believe it is other people acting fishy, not AMK.

Now, I build in 1/72, so I am obviously not as smart as 1/48 only guys.

But, when someone posts a photo and says it is version 1, then the discussion goes on until that same person says there is a version 4 of the parts out there,,,,,,,and then people keep using version 1 or version 2 photos to slam the kit,,,,,,,,,,,it makes it seem like it is being done on purpose. (not saying it is on purpose, but, geeez, if a dumb lil 1/72 builder can read and "get" this,,,,1/48 guys should see it before I do)

I only say this because this is an online "discussion", and everyone knows that every single person online is a shape and detail expert on every model subject ever produced,,,,,,,and that sort of implies that they "know" the difference between a version 1, 2, 3 and 4 of a model tooling.

I hope there isn't toooo much outrage aimed at AMK for "giving up" on the online discussion,,,,,,,,,I bet there are only about 3 people in this thread that would show as much patience with the sniping,,,,before they'd give up and let everyone see what the model looks like when they open up the box they bought.

And yes, before that gets typed, I do care,,,,,,,I have a project that will need one of each of the Tamiya kit and one AMK, when they are both able to sit on my bench next to each other.

shut up 1/72 guy! 😄 😄😄 

On 11/12/2018 at 6:36 PM, Dave Roof said:

How many times does it need to be stated that what you all keep posting are images of one of the first test shots that incorporates some 3D printed parts!? Seriously, you all keep finding "flaws" on the same old test shot. Martin has said repeatedly that they have since corrected many of the issues you all keep pointing out. He has also said that what keeps being shown is parts made on mold 1 and they are now on mold 4. 

Either you all seriously lack comprehension skills or you just want to keep beating the same dead horse to show how cool you are. 

Personally, I can't wait for the kit to be released so it will prove once and for all how idiotic most of this thread is. Oh, and unless you made a payment directly to AMK for the kit or have a financial investment in the company, Martin or AMK doesn't owe you a damn thing! Nothing, Nada, Zip.......you are NOT entitled to ANYTHING, this includes photos of parts or an explanation from anyone involved with AMK.

So right Dave,

So many self righteous, pre-opinioned posters here. I however love the post in that its fascinating what it brings out in people. Anyone read the Crucible by Arthur Miller? That's where poor old Martin is right now.  What a bunch of plastic fascists.

Bring out the Witch Finder General.

Really pretty scary,

Marc.

in the Internet age these unfortunate setbacks can happen, but I do not think there is someone who has ordered more than one kit so I do not understand all this bitterness .... so many times I lost money thrown to the wind but it's not like I'm complaining for 144 pages :ninja:

now this thread has become a witch hunt... you don't like the AMK kit? ok put a stone on it, you pretend you lost a bet and buy the Tamiya kit.

Edited by Alpagueur
1 hour ago, serendip said:

So many self righteous, pre-opinioned posters here...

To be fair, that's a adequate description for some on BOTH sides of this thread. There are some legitimate questions and concerns regarding the kit. Even if it's not by those calling for a public hanging but are simply interested in what might actually be released. So those that are on the defending side seem to lump any perceived detractor in with the pitchfork gang and those that are really in the pitchfork gang chunk everyone who is saying to hold off a bit in with the dire hard "shut up and grow up it's a plastic model" group. I think the general rule I like to follow is, question the plastic perhaps but don't question the people's motives without pure evidence. So in my opinion there are people on both sides that could stand to grow up a bit. Or not, either way it's an interesting thread.

Bill

This saga has turned into a great example of how not to handle a new kit announcement/release.  Announce it 2-3 months before you can ship it and sell boat loads while the honeymoon period is still in full swing; Tamiya leads the field in more ways than one!

8 minutes ago, wadeocu said:

This saga has turned into a great example of how not to handle a new kit announcement/release.  Announce it 2-3 months before you can ship it and sell boat loads while the honeymoon period is still in full swing; Tamiya leads the field in more ways than one!

True, BUT as I pointed out earlier, I don't know that AMK has the resources or information available like a larger, more established company like Tamiya has at their disposal. Not to mention the funds to sit in development for potentially years to get it right. I honestly don't know a lot about AMK, but if I understand correctly, they don't normally do U.S. subject matter models. I would think in order to get as accurate a model as they seem to be attempting, they would have to have either a really really good R & D department, a small group of subject matter experts on hand, or crowd sourced information. I suspect if they just did as you suggest and just waited til 2-3 months pre-shipment to announce, they would possibly have ended up with a dog that simply doesn't sell well. Maybe it would have, but it likely wouldn't have met the goal of best F-14 kit on the market. Just my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

Do just noticed that the AMK website does not exist anymore. The domain dosent seam to be renewed. Could be old news but the url is on their facebook page.

I dont think it ever went active... not sure tho

Edited by goondman

Whoa! My in-box exploded with notifications of posts to this thread. As much as I'd enjoy seeing this thing reach 150 pages, might it be time to lock it down? Neo, what do you think? The personal attacks are beginning to permeate this thread and out-pace actual discussion of the kit. To me, everything that can be said has been said ad nauseum. Is this thread really serving any purpose anymore other than to allow bickering back and forth? I guess Jennings got the last laugh with this thread.

Edited by Darren Roberts

I don't think that's a very good solution but hey, whatever. I think there is some value to the thread at least until the model is released or spy photography shows something close to a production model. I agree the personal attacks are bit childish. But why kill a thread that actually has information and discussion about a real modeling subject and obviously has a LOT of interest, evidenced by the number of pages and responses. In my opinion, locking this thread down now will only add fuel the to fire and some will come up with conspiracy theories as to WHY it was shut down. No amount of reason would stop them from thinking it. But like I said, not my site. I'm just here for the information....and the  popcorn. I hear the buttered is best.

Bill

12 minutes ago, niart17 said:

I don't think that's a very good solution but hey, whatever. I think there is some value to the thread at least until the model is released or spy photography shows something close to a production model. I agree the personal attacks are bit childish. But why kill a thread that actually has information and discussion about a real modeling subject and obviously has a LOT of interest, evidenced by the number of pages and responses. In my opinion, locking this thread down now will only add fuel the to fire and some will come up with conspiracy theories as to WHY it was shut down. No amount of reason would stop them from thinking it. But like I said, not my site. I'm just here for the information....and the  popcorn. I hear the buttered is best.

Bill

Word.

17 hours ago, Ventris said:

Would be great for a seperate weapon kit but the announced product is a Tomcat. 

Hobby easy lists  (or did) a weapons set as a separate product. Albeit at a hefty $30 USD

I'd definitely buy a weapons set as those GBU-12 and AIM-9's look excellent. Having fought Eduard's resin ones recently I'm looking for alternatives

1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Bill

You're probably correct about the conspiracy theories. If the thread were locked, it would still be able to be viewed, so all the information in it would available. It would simply prevent any more back-and-forth. It has definitely been entertaining!

33 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

You're probably correct about the conspiracy theories. If the thread were locked, it would still be able to be viewed, so all the information in it would available. It would simply prevent any more back-and-forth. It has definitely been entertaining!

Entertaining is one way to put it.

Could a possible compromise be that we:

1. ask the mods to rename the thread to AMK 1/48 F-14D pre-release discussion,  with all of still posting to this thread,

then

2. after AMK releases the kit,(whenever that may be) we ask the mods to  lock this thread.  Maybe even archiving it (if there is enough archive space!!!!!) 

3. a new thread called "AMK F-14D release analysis" is then started for the "in the hands of modelers" kit

?