1 hour ago, niart17 said:

I don't think that's a very good solution but hey, whatever. I think there is some value to the thread at least until the model is released or spy photography shows something close to a production model. I agree the personal attacks are bit childish. But why kill a thread that actually has information and discussion about a real modeling subject and obviously has a LOT of interest, evidenced by the number of pages and responses. In my opinion, locking this thread down now will only add fuel the to fire and some will come up with conspiracy theories as to WHY it was shut down. No amount of reason would stop them from thinking it. But like I said, not my site. I'm just here for the information....and the  popcorn. I hear the buttered is best.

Bill

This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. I acknowledge my own part in this. Perhaps if we all decided to just exercise some self restraint, myself included, and let things settle down a bit. Nothing is probably going to happen until AMK makes a move, either by releasing more info or the kit itself.  Until then, let's chill out. There are plenty of other interesting threads and we could even get some actual modeling done too.

If this thread was locked before then AMK may have missed some errors that were pointed out in the course of discussion. If we all be "Looks-Accurate-Enough-for-Me" modellers then AMK would've released the kit in the Mold-1 version.  Maybe the reason they had no model with them at Telford means that their production undergoes changes. Plus, this thread, as mentioned above, is an example how not to carry the PR/announcements on. 

On top of that I think it's good to have such thread as safety valve - as long as it is not used to state some personal insults to anyone. I do not see anything wrong in discussing over the AMK's way of announcing, rising funds or whatever else as along as it is related to their F-14.

Moreover I think that such problems should be solved on unit-level. Why to punish everyone interested for the offenses of just couple of people?

20 hours ago, madcop said:

Hi Gänger :whistle:

Hola, Cop.

If I were you, I would have said that " before pre ordering, take care and inform yourself about the way AMK is running his business " That's what I did and I have no fear at all.

What’s the need for that? I only build aircraft in 1/48 scale, and I didn’t ever have to take care and inform myself the way MiniCraft is running business before purchasing one of their kits, for instance. And the list of manufacturers I didn’t have to check prior to buying their kits is endless.

The meaning of pre-ordering to me was always “to pay in advance for a kit which already exists on the market, which is just in transit to a LHS, and it’s to be in stock there soon.”

The sole idea of pre-ordering a kit which development is not even on CAD makes my buttocks laugh inside out, frantically. 

After that, the only thing I have to do is WAIT until the project is O.K. and the kit delivered.
AMK owes me a scale model , and nothing more.

Wait until the project is okay, Copper? What if the project is not okay, as with this silly explanation given with regard to the issue with the rear flanks being just an optical illusion? So, why do you think AMK posted a deadline for the releasement date of the F-14D kit? Could it be that AMK did so because they saw the possibility that Tamiya might take the wind off their sails by making the announcement of a Tomcat kit - in the same scale - being released? Remember what happened when AMK announced the development of a 1/48 SuE kit which was mysteriously put on hold before the imminent release of the Kinetic SuE? What about their promised 1/48 MiG-25P kit which was promptly cancelled before Kitty Hawk released theirs? And what explanation did AMK ever offer regarding this?

AMK never asked me money, they proposed me to help them developing a non profit scale model. That's quite  different. Lot of people forgot about that, but AMK just want to recover their initial investment , both in time and money. So it's a zero benefit affair ! That's all. Can you give me another example of non profit model-maker ?
So I helped them through Indiegogo hoping for the best. I am still confident that the best is on his way. When shall this best arrive, I don't know and I do not want to know , but it will come ! I have enough much more important matter to be concerned about.

Oh, come on, Copster! That’s your idea of non-profitability? You’re just deluding yourself. So why do you think they did inform everybody on the forums that they needed to secure a 5000-kit mark before they attempted the development of this kit for? Just for the thrill of it? Why the need to pre-order before the project was even on CAD? No, I can’t provide you with any example of a non profit model-maker because model manufacturers normally make models in order to sell them. Indiegogo should invest your monies in the GWH F-14 kit instead, as it’ll hit the market much sooner than the AMK promise.

So it seems that you agree with me. The causes, do not matter even if I must admit that "communication" ( I hate this typical nonsense 21th century word) is not the best they can do, but I do not care as long as the final product is O.K.   I sent my money not to hear them but to receive the quality product I am expecting from them.
Only the end result counts, the rest is bullshit.

No, I don’t agree at all; I clearly posted that IF this thread is a pamphlet, AMK is to blame partly for it for not communicating properly or efficiently. AMK are ubiquitous on the net; Facebook and on modelling forums. They used to participate a lot, getting feedback from modellers on many projects - the MiG-31 was one of them. Oh, but now that there’s this fuss regarding the shape of a kit that ought to have been already released, all of the sudden they don’t seem to want to participate anymore - and for quite a long spell since that awful flaw was first spotted on here. They told you it was just an optical illusion; the kit is all right, yet, Martin said that he showed part of it to people over at Telford, BUT DAMN IF THEY EVER DURST post proof of it - just one picture (rear flanks, TARPS pod end, IFR receptacle, etc). Nada… they just told you that the kit is fine, thanks

Excuse me, but Martin never said that , he said " IF I can have the pieces I'll bring them to Telford  and...  blablabla....

That's what he did with the pieces he was able to have to show, actually not the pieces you would have wanted him to have....!.

Well, probably not the one piece I wanted, but ANY piece at all! How does it feel to be told that, now that there’s this awful squabble regarding the wrong shape of a kit which was - as AMK stated themselves - almost finished to be released, that someone will bring the pieces to Telford IF he can have the pieces? It’s the digital era we’re living in, Cop; you don’t really need to have the pieces in order to demonstrate that the kit shape is okay. Just one single shot sent through the mail to Martin from Sio in China will be enough. Ah, but Martin just keeps waving a rain check on us instead, over and over again and again. And again about the release date being kicked further and further, etc.

It’s quite clear that we realise there’s a huge problem about it. 

21 hours ago, madcop said:

I repeat, I was not asked ...
I never pre ordered on the condition that AMK should reveal me every aspect of the development and production and date of release.

So, no problem for me here.

Yes, you were asked, indeed. The need to reveal aspects of the CAD development is why Martin started flooding the media with pictures of the cut steel mould, some of the cast pieces - like the wings, which are a piece of art - the minute people started complaining that there was no news whatsoever about the AMK Tomcat kit. Meanwhile, Tamiya already had pictures posted of their 1/48 F-14A kit. Coincidence once again?

But still, surprisingly, no new pictures to prove the AMK F-14D kit is not fat-arsed cat, now that there really is an urge to prove the controversy wrong. Why, Cop; why?

I told you that I am not interested in the release date of the kit, but even if it were the case, do not worry I have endurance. As for the quality , I still do not fear, Sio is a perfectionist.
Could I die before the kit is released ? ...yes of course, like you or everybody else  here in the two following minutes, but in that case I really won't care anymore (just as today) So, no change here!

Oh, yes; certainly. Sio is such a perfectionist he might take another year to provide a 1/48 pilot figure whose eyes could roll… I could very well tell about his perfectionism after he released a Mirage 5 kit fuselage totally devoid of an area rule! Anyway, let’s hope he is able to judge his perfection against the test of time, or are you willing to receive a perfect 1/48 replica of the F-14D in ten more years, when your pulse is all thwarted by your Parkinson? Sure you would, Cop, by the look of it.  

I never felt insulted by AMK and now you must understand why. I'll feel betrayed the day AMK announces me that they drop the project, that the moulds are being sold to another company, and that they thank me for the money I gave to Indiegogo, money that they unfortunately will never receive !

To be honest , I hardly can conceive such a sad end !.

Well, actually, they already did once. I did feel insulted the day AMK announced that there was a team closely researching a living sample of the SuE to, all of the sudden, affirm that the project was shelved (because Kinetic was to beat them to it?), because there were other more important projects in the pipes… Yeah, right.

You shouldn’t wish for those things, Cop, lest they’ll come true. Take a look under your chair

You can't compare a "Monster" like Tamiya and a " Hobby family" affair like AMK.
AMK is doing kits as a Hobby, as a side non profit activity, when they have free time and in such a way they don't interfere with their main activity and not LOOSE money, while achieving high standard. Tamiya is just the contrary.

( Except for the standard , of course !)

Sure, AMK, “the hobbit family”, are such a non-profitable kit manufacturer one can just but understand the way they communicate (NOT), or how they conduct business. So if the F-14D kit is released in 2018, let’s just call it an Act of Sio the Grey; if not, it’s just AMK and Martin Baggins’ mysterious ways in the Shire.

Now, want to bet that the AMK kit won’t be released in 2018, or if it does, it’s going to be a fat-arsed cat suffering from an optical illusion? Wanna bet, Cop? Let’s bet. 

Cheers Cop,

Onigiri

9 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Well then, that certainly seemed an unnecessary amount of references to him being law enforcement. You on the lamb ganger? :cop:

:woot.gif: I'm on the lamb, W*H*A*T...?

Bill, Cop is cool chap; I really dig him. He just needs to be told. :coolio:

Cheers,

Onigiri 

11 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

Entertaining is one way to put it.

Could a possible compromise be that we:

1. ask the mods to rename the thread to AMK 1/48 F-14D pre-release discussion,  with all of still posting to this thread,

then

2. after AMK releases the kit,(whenever that may be) we ask the mods to  lock this thread.  Maybe even archiving it (if there is enough archive space!!!!!) 

3. a new thread called "AMK F-14D release analysis" is then started for the "in the hands of modelers" kit

?

"Like"

There’s a new photo on the AMK club FB page, and before anyone loses their minds about the lack of nacelle detail on the underside, remember that it’s supposed to be like that - what you see gets covered up by the actual nacelle part.

Edited by andrew.deboer

Guys,

I really dislike some of the comments being made to each other, considering that we are supposed to be on the team that supports each other. Much like an extended family should.

The outside world looks upon us as 'geeks' or 'nerds' anyway. Do we really have to stoop this low that we are attacking each other?

As this picture is already out on the internet I felt as though I would share it with you, if nothing else but to try to quell the flames a little here.

Look, AMK like any company only answers to itself in the main, but in the interest of settling things down I felt as though this picture would save some aggravation.

I said that I would  not post again until the kit was out. Why? Because there seemed little point in me answering just for other speculation about what we are or not doing.

In respect of the weapons sets.

My very good friend (requested not to be named at this stage but you all know him well) measured and gave us all the information to produce the weapons. His hard work and dedication to his own interests in US weaponry through the years has given us the most accurate set to date in plastic or resin. The AIM-7's come with two noses so you can choose the pointy one or blunt one.

The GBU-12 and 16 have opened fins but also come with closed fins - it's your choice. AMK is all about giving you options and not dictating what you can or will build.

The AIM-9s have the umbilical as a separate piece so you can attatch to a pylon realistically. This is an engineering marvel but if you don't like it that's fine. You pays your money and takes your choice.

This picture shows the fixed issues referred to ad nauseum in this thread. If there are more problems then we will fix them. 

The delay is down to trying to get this right after all.

** I cannot post the picture for some reason - can someone help me out if I send it?

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models