1 hour ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Guys,

I really dislike some of the comments being made to each other, considering that we are supposed to be on the team that supports each other. Much like an extended family should.

The outside world looks upon us as 'geeks' or 'nerds' anyway. Do we really have to stoop this low that we are attacking each other?

Martin, hi

With all due respect, you know all this could have been easily averted much sooner than today, and part of this argument was because of you, Sio or AMK in general. I've been really anxious throughout last weekend to see this dilemma finally unveiled at Telford.

I was not one of the modellers who's pre-ordered, although I really wanted to trust (your?) AMK's word once again. AMK has let me down time and time again in the past - it's there on my last posts on this thread.

To be honest, judging by the new picture, the rear flanks do look much better now. Didn't anyone ever tell you what was going on on this thread with regard to the offending fat-arsed flanks on your kit? Everyone seemed to be aware of what was going on; Britmodeller, Z5, Facebook, etc. How come you need to see us whine like spoilt toddlers to come and post a picture? One single picture should have sufficed, mate.

1 hour ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

As this picture is already out on the internet I felt as though I would share it with you, if nothing else but to try to quell the flames a little here.

Look, AMK like any company only answers to itself in the main, but in the interest of settling things down I felt as though this picture would save some aggravation.

I said that I would  not post again until the kit was out. Why? Because there seemed little point in me answering just for other speculation about what we are or not doing.

This picture shows the fixed issues referred to ad nauseum in this thread. If there are more problems then we will fix them. 

You knew two days before Telford that a terrible bickering was going on regarding that aspect of the kit on this forum. Why can't you post regularly (once a week, once a fortnight, once a month), as you used to do before? And this is not only the case with the accurate shape of the kit, but also with the release date as well...

Just one picture settled things down for a spell - do you still think there seemed little point in having done it now? If you do care about that extended family you've got on the modelling forums, don't neglect them, because it always takes two to tango.

In any case, thanks a lot for that picture.

AND DON'T DISAPPEAR ONCE AGAIN!

Cheers,

Onigiri 

18 minutes ago, dylan said:

for those that dont have facebook, here is the second photo from the AMK group.

looks very nice. I really like the separate nav light pieces

i-HCdDdN6-X2.jpg

Same picture published at the end of september:

Strange ????

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

"Lam".  It's "lam".  Unless you're talking about dinner...

hmmm...did not know that. Thanks! I never did understand what a lamb had to do with breaking out of prison....but I wasn't going to judge. LOL

47 minutes ago, spang said:

Strange ????

Because I made those photos during E-day in... September. 

Was something more posted? I have a few more shots if you want have something to fight over. 🙂

21 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

This could only come from you! 

20 hours ago, galfa said:

Do you think you are funny or pathetic ?

15 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

You really don't want to know what I think, as it might no be pretty.

I think I can answer for the rest of us, NO! 🛑 Please stop the back and forth and focus on the model (directed at any who are bickering). 🤢

8 minutes ago, Atlis said:

Was something more posted? I have a few more shots if you want have something to fight over. 🙂

Please do post any additional pics that you are willing to share. The more pictures we can see, the more likely we will be to figure out if there are problems or not and what can be done to fix them if they exist.

:cheers:

46 minutes ago, Atlis said:

They are posted on the Facebook, AMK Fan Club.

I don't want more pics ... i want to see final kit and to se it on hobby shop.

3 years that AMK announce it and nothing.

2 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Please do post any additional pics that you are willing to share. The more pictures we can see, the more likely we will be to figure out if there are problems or not and what can be done to fix them if they exist.

I must be dreaming ! ...Even you… You must be kidding... or maybe already planning some hypothetical updating resin parts ?  

Madcop

35 minutes ago, madcop said:

I must be dreaming ! ...Even you… You must be kidding... or maybe already planning some hypothetical updating resin parts ?  

Madcop

ah ha, see guys? There are other potential benefits to these types of "Test print bashing" threads that you all may have not even considered. Let's just hypothetically say that Zacto would be planning something. Maybe is, maybe isn't. But there are a lot of other people that produce all those golden little nuggets of aftermarket parts that you all love to put on models. (granted few, if any, come close to Zacto's wizardry) And how many times have we seen instances where a kit comes out and people are screaming "when is someone going to do a dumaflatchie to replace the out of scale henway assembly on my new Zonkerdoodle kit"? And the wait begins. threads like these allow the heroes to come in and observe what potentially could be done in the after market world to make EVERYONE happy. Kit has minor issues, in swoops Captain Zacto and fixes it. More kits sell, more dumaflatchies come out and voila. Happy happy place in ARC land. 

ORRRR we could shut up and wait for the kit to come out and then tick-tock tick-tock. Interest isn't there and Captain Zacto decides to head over to save a small intake on a Corsair somewhere else in the world. Hence no love for AMK F-14 errr... I mean the Zonkerdoodle.

In the end, the world goes round for a reason people.

Bill

4 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Martin, hi

With all due respect, you know all this could have been easily averted much sooner than today, and part of this argument was because of you, Sio or AMK in general. I've been really anxious throughout last weekend to see this dilemma finally unveiled at Telford.

I was not one of the modellers who's pre-ordered, although I really wanted to trust (your?) AMK's word once again. AMK has let me down time and time again in the past - it's there on my last posts on this thread.

To be honest, judging by the new picture, the rear flanks do look much better now. Didn't anyone ever tell you what was going on on this thread with regard to the offending fat-arsed flanks on your kit? Everyone seemed to be aware of what was going on; Britmodeller, Z5, Facebook, etc. How come you need to see us whine like spoilt toddlers to come and post a picture? One single picture should have sufficed, mate.

You knew two days before Telford that a terrible bickering was going on regarding that aspect of the kit on this forum. Why can't you post regularly (once a week, once a fortnight, once a month), as you used to do before? And this is not only the case with the accurate shape of the kit, but also with the release date as well...

Just one picture settled things down for a spell - do you still think there seemed little point in having done it now? If you do care about that extended family you've got on the modelling forums, don't neglect them, because it always takes two to tango.

In any case, thanks a lot for that picture.

AND DON'T DISAPPEAR ONCE AGAIN!

Cheers,

Onigiri 

He had shown the bottom of the fuselage, aren't we're more interested in the top with the side aft part of the fuselage? Are the questions been answered now with that picture? 

Edited by flybywire
6 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Apparently now there's questions about the angle of the intake lip relative to the fuselage?

I think this relativity question is legitimate and nothing to be laughed at because I had and am pretty sure many if not all of you had come across many threads before talking about correct and wrong relationships found on the kits available in the market.

Edited by flybywire
4 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

You really don't want to know what I think, as it might no be pretty.

Yes, yes... I do, I do want to know what you think !

I am so curious !

However, these two pictures are not new and, most important, are - again - top shots. Would I would like to see is a side shot of the upper fuselage rear.

In addition, to assess the rear fuselage accuracy, we need to take a look at the rear fuselage-engine-fairings. On top of all that, on the "new" pictures, it is quite visible the very same horizontal stabilizer (same of my post of a while ago) characterized by an exaggerated curvature.

Here a screeshot from the video posted by Solo on September 29 (page 113):

3N22dR.png

Take a good look...

So, these two "new" pictures are just showing once again that - accuracy wise - the AMK Tomcat is flawed.

Edited by galfa
1 hour ago, flybywire said:

I think this relativity question is legitimate and nothing to be laughed at because I had and am pretty sure many if not all of you had come across many threads before talking about correct and wrong relationships found on the kits available in the market.

True. But not 140 some odd pages repeating the same complaint - about a kit NOT available in the market. In addition to the un-redeemable pain and suffering on a massive scale AMK has caused by the excruciating wait people have been forced to endure. (You should talk to the people who were waiting for a good 1/48 Boulton Paul Defiant.) Their pain will never be assuaged. And, as you can see since Martin's recent post, the unhappiness continues unabated.  This landscape of modeling misery has no horizon. 

1 hour ago, galfa said:

3N22dR.png

Take a good look... accuracy wise - the AMK Tomcat is flawed.

Tamiya has the same shape( image:Peter Olsen@Flickr)

DSC_0033

Imagine that... 

Edited by FAR148
8 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Apparently now there's questions about the angle of the intake lip relative to the fuselage?

I'm not a fan of the common response "That can be fixed in 5 minutes with a sanding stick", but in this case it's probably 2 minutes or less.

For those that are interested, Laurent posted a pic showing the problem on BM: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983899-148-grumman-f-14ab-d-tomcat-by-avantgarde-model-kits-schemesspruesbox-artdecals-f-14d-release-autumn-2018/&do=findComment&comment=3190931

3 hours ago, madcop said:

To be honest, I'd prefer that nice kits were released so I could concentrate on making detail and conversion sets rather than correction sets.

In this case, replacing the majority of the rear fuselage and half the nose isn't an economically viable aftermarket product.

Regarding the IFR:

IFR_1_zpsvpxf5sgs.jpg

I'm not a fan of open IFRs so would likely glue it shut and re-scribe, but that wouldn't be fun.

I think it's an important detail, particularly because various schemes have the top of the nose painted (anti-glare panel, though several schemes use gloss paint, so not so much...), some overlapping the IFR panel and some not. The IFR location becomes apparent because of this in how much that paint overlaps or how much gap is present when it doesn't overlap.

IFR_2_zpsnxmaqkfb.jpg

IFR_3_zpsay4y6mbv.jpg

(My "paint jobs" are approximate of course)

I'm no expert on the Tomcat but did learn a lot about the intakes when making my 1/32 patterns. From the limited pictures I've seen, they do look pretty good.

I did notice one small detail. Note the square access panel in front of my giant thumb:

Fitting_15_zpsa16b65ed.jpg

This should only be on the left intake but they have it on both. No big deal. Nothing a little putty and five minutes with a sanding stick can't fix.

One omission is the big gaping hole with the strut lock mechanism:

f-14a_161134_57_of_93_zps2jp3nxaj.jpg

Has this been mentioned previously? I'd be surprised if it wasn't but wondering why nobody is complaining about it.

Looking at the CADs it wasn't present there either, just the tab part of the strut mating with the smooth intake surface.

24 minutes ago, FAR148 said:

Tamiya has the same shape( image:Peter Olsen@Flickr)

DSC_0033

Imagine that... 

You must remember, On the  Tamya kit the

aft necel is part of the bottom of

the  fuselage. On the AMK model

the necel fits over the rear fuselage housings. So their is a

slight ledge along the  length of

the side, giving that  area the appearance of more volume.

1 hour ago, Zactoman said:

I'm not a fan of the common response "That can be fixed in 5 minutes with a sanding stick", but in this case it's probably 2 minutes or less.

For those that are interested, Laurent posted a pic showing the problem on BM: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983899-148-grumman-f-14ab-d-tomcat-by-avantgarde-model-kits-schemesspruesbox-artdecals-f-14d-release-autumn-2018/&do=findComment&comment=3190931

To be honest, I'd prefer that nice kits were released so I could concentrate on making detail and conversion sets rather than correction sets.

In this case, replacing the majority of the rear fuselage and half the nose isn't an economically viable aftermarket product.

Regarding the IFR:

IFR_1_zpsvpxf5sgs.jpg

I'm not a fan of open IFRs so would likely glue it shut and re-scribe, but that wouldn't be fun.

I think it's an important detail, particularly because various schemes have the top of the nose painted (anti-glare panel, though several schemes use gloss paint, so not so much...), some overlapping the IFR panel and some not. The IFR location becomes apparent because of this in how much that paint overlaps or how much gap is present when it doesn't overlap.

IFR_2_zpsnxmaqkfb.jpg

IFR_3_zpsay4y6mbv.jpg

(My "paint jobs" are approximate of course)

Good point.....

9 hours ago, spang said:

Strange ????

that is strange. Martin from AMK commented " This is mold number 4. The correct mold that ARC etc haven't yet seen"

so now I am confused, is this the latest and greatest mold #4 or the original one shown in September.

someone has the pictures mixed up somewhere.