2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

It really, really sounds like you have an ax to grind in all of this. 

Or maybe, I have nothing to sale or to wait for, so I'm free to talk about and criticize a inaccuracy when I see it.

Maybe that's one of the goals of a forum about plastic modeling.

Edited by shion
1 hour ago, shion said:

Or maybe, I have nothing to sale or to wait for, so I'm free to talk about and criticize a inaccuracy when I see it.

This sounds familiar to me. Hmmm...

Were we married at one time?

5 hours ago, shion said:

You are absolutely correct Forums are the perfect place to talk about inaccuracies of a kit. But it's HOW you talk about them that drives the discussion either constructively or negatively. Once you start bashing the company that is making the kit, you have stopped talking about accuracy and presented the perception that you have some personal grudge against said company. 

13 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

Sorry, that was tongue-in-cheek. Commentary on how people post photos of other supposedly perfect models to point to flaws in another model... that hasn't been released yet.

Hahaha. All good!

cheers,

brian 

5 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

You are absolutely correct Forums are the perfect place to talk about inaccuracies of a kit. But it's HOW you talk about them that drives the discussion either constructively or negatively. Once you start bashing the company that is making the kit, you have stopped talking about accuracy and presented the perception that you have some personal grudge against said company. 

Everybody hates AMK.

Or maybe this topic is 149 page long because since years, they fail at every announcement they made and people have the gall to talk about it and about the rare plastic pics they saw  here.

You want a comparison?

Last time, when Tamiya announce their F-14D:  

- Announcement in April.

-First contents and first pics of almost complete build plastic kit and sprues in May, approx one month later,

topic here about these kit had just 10 pages at this point.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:06 PM, Zactoman said:

The HazMAT Bronco was well on its way to being a contender.
I wonder where HazMAT and AMK might be right now if the Bronco tooling had been successful and on schedule?

:cheers:

I read some of the thread in that link Chris. So was AMK doing the Bronco tooling?  I wasn't aware that you had been working on a project to bring out a new OV-10A kit and that AMK was involved. What happened?

3 hours ago, shion said:

Everybody hates AMK.

Or maybe this topic is 149 page long because since years, they fail at every announcement they made and people have the gall to talk about it and about the rare plastic pics they saw  here.

You want a comparison?

Last time, when Tamiya announce their F-14D:  

- Announcement in April.

-First contents and first pics of almost complete build plastic kit and sprues in May, approx one month later,

topic here about these kit had just 10 pages at this point.

Let me ask you this. How does this have a real impact on your life? We are talking about a plastic toy. It will bring momentary joy or disappointment. If the delay and inaccuracy of this plastic toy effects you any more than that, you may consider taking a long, hard look at what you have in life. Do you have a family? Do you have friends? Do you have a job? How is your health? All of these things are so much more important than whether or not some model company releases a plastic toy when they said they would and if it compares to the real thing. For the record, I don't hate AMK. I don't even dislike them. I have no "feeling" toward them at all. It is what it is. I will buy a kit because I love the Tomcat and I'm always up for a new build. Don't let this silly little thing have such an impact on your well being. Life is way too short to worry something like this.

55 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Let me ask you this. How does this have a real impact on your life? We are talking about a plastic toy. It will bring momentary joy or disappointment. If the delay and inaccuracy of this plastic toy effects you any more than that, you may consider taking a long, hard look at what you have in life. Do you have a family? Do you have friends? Do you have a job? How is your health? All of these things are so much more important than whether or not some model company releases a plastic toy when they said they would and if it compares to the real thing. For the record, I don't hate AMK. I don't even dislike them. I have no "feeling" toward them at all. It is what it is. I will buy a kit because I love the Tomcat and I'm always up for a new build. Don't let this silly little thing have such an impact on your well being. Life is way too short to worry something like this.

My "Everybody hates AMK" was ironic, it's surprising you and others people took it litteraly.

It's the goal of this forum section, to talk about kits, you can't come here and ask people to stop this or say people it's pointless to talk here.

And I think it's very convenient, now that pics of the kit and problems emerged, that suddenly, discussions about this kit in particular are pointless and it's time to close the topic.

So, let's wait new infos and new photos.

7 minutes ago, shion said:

Seconded.

Motion seconded. All in favor say Aye.

AYE!!!

The ayes have it. So ordered.

Breakfast anyone? Perhaps tea and scones?

Cheerio.

24 minutes ago, shion said:

My "Everybody hates AMK" was ironic, it's surprising you and others people took it litteraly.

It's the goal of this forum section, to talk about kits, you can't come here and ask people to stop this or say people it's pointless to talk here.

And I think it's very convenient, now that pics of the kit and problems emerged, that suddenly, discussions about this kit in particular are pointless and it's time to close the topic.

Rather than "ironic" I think you meant: "hyperbole." It's so hard to tell without visual and voice inflection cues. I took it literally, too. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:36 PM, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

The Phoenix pallets are awful in hasegawa tomcat...:rolleyes:

¡Hola, Manuel! :wave:

So what does Federico Rocha think about the AMK Tomcat? I haven't gotten in touch with him lately, but his opinion regarding any Tomcat kit has always mattered to me.

Has Fede pre-ordered?

Cheers,

Onigiri 

5 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

¡Hola, Manuel! :wave:

So what does Federico Rocha think about the AMK Tomcat? I haven't gotten in touch with him lately, but his opinion regarding any Tomcat kit has always mattered to me.

Has Fede pre-ordered?

Cheers,

Onigiri 

Hello Onigiri, he's waiting like all of us for F-14 AMK release.
Everything ok
Greetings

12 hours ago, Mstor said:

I read some of the thread in that link Chris. So was AMK doing the Bronco tooling?  I wasn't aware that you had been working on a project to bring out a new OV-10A kit and that AMK was involved. What happened?

What happened? I wish I knew.

AMK began tooling the Bronco in April of 2017. I was told by HazMAT that it would take 3-4 months.
AMK started taking pre-orders for the Tomcat in May.
It was May 2018, after I ended my relationship with HazMAT, that I learned that the Bronco tooling had been taken from AMK (See post by HomeBe: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/296183-148-ov-10a-bronco/&do=findComment&comment=2913751 ).
My understanding is that the current Bronco tooling needs extensive re-work/re-tooling.

What happened? Something went terribly wrong...

:cheers:

54 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

My understanding is that the current Bronco tooling needs extensive re-work/re-tooling.

So, the work done by AMK needs re-work/re-tooling. If true, that doesn't reflect well on AMK. Well, let's hope someone picks up the project. I've always been intrigued by the OV-10, especially the later marks.

4 hours ago, galfa said:

Is it an optical illusion, or the hips of our belowed forthcoming TomcAMK are quite alike these:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1192026-ART-TECH-F14-due-2010/page75

Meh... :closedeyes: The main landing gear struts on that one look just like the prosthetic legs worn by the black guy fighting the alien on the Battleship film :thatfunny:

Cheers,

Onigiri