2 minutes ago, tony.t said:

After all this cr@p and flak I hope, as punishment, AMK mould the kit in turquoise, purple and pink

Tony

I have a purple Hasegawa Tomcat in my stash.

Edited by Ventris
24 minutes ago, tony.t said:

After all this cr@p and flak I hope, as punishment, AMK mould the kit in turquoise, purple and pink

Tony

I think Teal and Turquoise more tasteful :709-457:

21 minutes ago, Ventris said:

I have a purple Hasegawa Tomcat in my stash.

OOH, let me see, let me see!! :OMG-OMG:

2 hours ago, tony.t said:

Tony

Will AMK be giving the kit away for free or something to warrant any kind of punishment?  A company punishing it's potential customers because some gave said company some "crap" or "flak"?  LOL!  SMH...

11 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Well, that was Gandalf's post, not mine; I didn't even get what the RC model in it ever had to do with the AMK fat-arsed cat.

You should remember when you'd criticise the box art on the AMK kit; I mean, come on, Gandalf! Haven't you got any hobbits to entertain yourself with? :coolio:

Jesus!

Onigiri

Well, well, well..

If you look carefully, rear fuselage and exhausts of the RC Tomcat they both look quite similar to the AMK.

However,

Given all this fuss about Tomcats, I'm entertaining myself on a Hasegawa kit in 1:48, doing my best to fix as many inaccuracies as possibile, including the thickness of wings leading edges:

meg1lQ.jpg

BVTUwh.jpg

Maybe I should post a "In Progress" thread...

On 11/25/2018 at 8:21 AM, shion said:

My "Everybody hates AMK" was ironic, it's surprising you and others people took it litteraly.

It's the goal of this forum section, to talk about kits, you can't come here and ask people to stop this or say people it's pointless to talk here.

And I think it's very convenient, now that pics of the kit and problems emerged, that suddenly, discussions about this kit in particular are pointless and it's time to close the topic.

So, let's wait new infos and new photos.

I think it's ironic that anybody would make a post like that! Not everybody hates AMK, and it's probably the half dozen that hijacked this thread. 

AMK ... that rear part shape is WRONG SHAPE... you better listen to all these model/kit builders... Mstor saw it... I see it... others see it... Hasegawa 1/48 and specially 1/72 tomcat got that rear part curve and bump curve part right... if you AMK will not resolve that.. well, then im glad i did not put 3 orders because id be disappointed... now im looking forward to GWH tomcat...

and if its not so much trouble saying... id say get talented people like Zactoman involved in these kit productions... coz i got 6 of his tomcat intake correction part for that trumpy cat and... it is very satisfying to see those tomcats appear like/or at least get that tomcat look real close..

39 minutes ago, testcats said:

AMK ... that rear part shape is WRONG SHAPE... you better listen to all these model/kit builders... Mstor saw it... I see it... others see it... Hasegawa 1/48 and specially 1/72 tomcat got that rear part curve and bump curve part right... if you AMK will not resolve that.. well, then im glad i did not put 3 orders because id be disappointed... now im looking forward to GWH tomcat...

and if its not so much trouble saying... id say get talented people like Zactoman involved in these kit productions... coz i got 6 of his tomcat intake correction part for that trumpy cat and... it is very satisfying to see those tomcats appear like/or at least get that tomcat look real close..

WORD 

7 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Mr Chris Wilson devises his correction bits in 1/32nd scale, unfortunately. 

Hey Onigiri, generally you'd be correct, but he is making us a nice set of ECM pods for the 1/48 scale Su-34 kits (both Kitty Hawk and Hobby Boss). He just needs to find a new photo-etch maker. I don't know if he's going to make a habit of doing 1/48 stuff, but who knows. :dontknow:

23 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

BUT HOW ON EARTH! COULD YOU HAVE NOT ORDERED 3 AMK TOMCAT KITS, IF THIS ISSUE ABOUT THE SAGGING ARSE WAS NOT EVEN A RUMOUR BACK WHEN THE PRE-ORDERS WENT INTO EFFECT...!!!???

The shape of the test build is the same of CAD drawings published may 2017...

y4mdSS0Hi9-caKHEfRCBMKfON8K3jxMCJRc6jZda

10 hours ago, terrysumner said:

KNOCK OFF THE CHILDISH PERSONAL ATTACKS AND COMMENTS.  NEXT ONE WILL CAUSE THE POSTER TO BE BANNED. 

Terry Sumner

Thank you very much for putting an end to it. It had absolutely nothing to do with the AMK kit. Between this thread and the George H W Bush thread, you've been a busy moderator.

Edited by Darren Roberts
10 hours ago, terrysumner said:

KNOCK OFF THE CHILDISH PERSONAL ATTACKS AND COMMENTS.  NEXT ONE WILL CAUSE THE POSTER TO BE BANNED. 

Terry Sumner

Now we can get back to patiently waiting for some word or action from AMK. Until then... :709-457:

On 11/30/2018 at 6:47 PM, Andrea Bolla said:

The shape of the test build is the same of CAD drawings published may 2017...

Orthographic views are deceptive, they're very good for detail 's close-ups, the worst for views like here.

One thing we can remark and think about, is the fact that since July 2016 (yes, 2016), AMK never provide classic 3 view drawing of the CAD model.

And surprise, as soon as first views of a complete build appeared, some proportions and alignments were detected as wrong.

3 hours ago, shion said:

One thing we can remark and think about, is the fact that since July 2016 (yes, 2016), AMK never provide classic 3 view drawing of the CAD model.

This would be handing out a club to be beaten: expertens of social media (that includes this forum) would have been all over them. No I just hope that the 3 view drawings have been provided to contributors who know how to use them for checking.