:hmmm:Hmmm... What would that lass want a plastic airplane kit for? (instead of saying what she would want a dragon for).

6 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

From: https://www.sincerehobby.com/product/amk_1_48_grumman_f-14d_tomcat_88007_sincerehobby

1/48 Grumman F-14D Tomcat
Estimated Launch Date: 12-2018 (Pre-Order)

But Manuel, then the AMK kit should have already been released by now. Or isn't it the 4th of December today?

Cheers,

Onwardgiri

Edited by Doppelgänger

Those CAD drawings of Santa don’t look right, and they don’t show his hips or rear end. Then there’s the obvious contradiction of Santa himself saying “be realistic”......

I’d draw purple lines all over it to show what I mean but the little girl on his lap is already crying.

21 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Those CAD drawings of Santa don’t look right, and they don’t show his hips or rear end. Then there’s the obvious contradiction of Santa himself saying “be realistic”......

I’d draw purple lines all over it to show what I mean but the little girl on his lap is already crying.

You missed the most obvious error. He has no nose! I mean, with all the documentation that's been available for over 100 years, and they can't get the nose right? Unbelievable :santa:

4 minutes ago, Anders_Isaksson said:

Sorry, but what is the latest word on release?

I guess it's 2019 either way...

Nobody knows. Martin is silent, even on their Facebook page he refuses to answer questions about the F-14D. All we can do is wait and see. At some point either we will see the new kit, or even the loyal fan boys on Facebook will start to lose faith and AMK will lose face fast.

42 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Nobody knows. Martin is silent, even on their Facebook page he refuses to answer questions about the F-14D. All we can do is wait and see. At some point either we will see the new kit, or even the loyal fan boys on Facebook will start to lose faith and AMK will lose face fast.

Ok, thanks!

To me this situation doesn't seem to be one of those cases where no news is good news.

After seeing those pics of the somewhat peculiar tail section I am leaning towards cancelling my pre-order.

Time is just too short and there are too many new kits out there.

But that's me.

1 hour ago, Ventris said:

I would say that already happend.

Yea, but they could save face if they bring a good, corrected kit to market soon. If that happens, I think many, if not most, will forget the past and simply move on to building the new kit.

3 hours ago, Anders_Isaksson said:

Ok, thanks!

To me this situation doesn't seem to be one of those cases where no news is good news.

After seeing those pics of the somewhat peculiar tail section I am leaning towards cancelling my pre-order.

Anders, this is no joke; is it possible to cancel a pre-order?

Otherwise, and if you really wanted to, perhaps I could buy your pre-order? There's a lot I could use of the AMK kit just as it is (meaning, if it were indeed released with that fat-arse, the wrong IFR panel and TARPS pod end - won't even use any of them anyways).

Please advise; check with the store you pre-ordered.

Or anyone here willing to part with their pre-order - I'll pick just one.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

4 hours ago, Mstor said:

Yea, but they could save face if they bring a good, corrected kit to market soon. If that happens, I think many, if not most, will forget the past and simply move on to building the new kit.

But what will be corrected?

And how many other problems haven't been noticed yet?

I guess we'll find out when the kit is released.

I think with the popularity of the subject a pinned tweak list might be in our future.

:cheers:

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Time to hit the kill switch again. I'll check up on you guys in January sometime.

This, it may be 152 pages but 100 of them are the same complaints:

"We haven't seen any new photos", "AMK isn't doing themselves any favors", "I swear I'm going to cancel my preorder"

13 hours ago, zerosystem said:

This, it may be 152 pages but 100 of them are the same complaints:

"We haven't seen any new photos", "AMK isn't doing themselves any favors", "I swear I'm going to cancel my preorder"

True, true... :rolleyes: But there's a reason for this to be happening.

The irony here is that it's been quite a while since this thread ought to have been 100 pages of praises to AMK for having delivered an excellent F-14D kit in 1/48th scale instead.

"We've seen the best 1/48 F-14D kit in years", "AMK has kept their word and fulfilled our expectations", "I swear I'm going to buy 10 more kits of this one".

There's no point in being so obsequious towards a company who have this manner of conducting business and their sheer lack of communication with those who've pre-ordered. Only God knows now what the release date is.

Outrageous, and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

To be fair, I would bet that close to half of that 100 pages of contents are also complaints about the complaints. I mean lets be honest. It's kind of typical in that it boils back down to the rivet counters vs the good enufs. Rivet counters can't let kit errors, either real or perceived, go by and good enufs can't seem to let the complaints about kits go by without a stern finger pointing at the rivet counters and calling them ridiculous. This is nothing new here. 

Bill

36 minutes ago, niart17 said:

To be fair, I would bet that close to half of that 100 pages of contents are also complaints about the complaints. I mean lets be honest. It's kind of typical in that it boils back down to the rivet counters vs the good enufs. Rivet counters can't let kit errors, either real or perceived, go by and good enufs can't seem to let the complaints about kits go by without a stern finger pointing at the rivet counters and calling them ridiculous. This is nothing new here. 

Bill

I think a lot of the posts were - "look, here's where there is an error/problem", followed by - "I don't see it, I don't think its there", followed by more detailed descriptions of the error/problem with photos of real vs model, followed by more "I don't see it" or "look, a new photo was posted by AMK, its all fixed now", followed by, "no, look here, the problem still exists", and on and on. Basically, those that saw a problem and those that didn't/couldn't see it or believed AMK's pronouncements that all was well and good.

I don't know if you can call those that didn't or couldn't see the problems "good enufs". "Good enuffers" tend to accept that there is a problem or problems but not be concerned about them. I would call the two sides the rivet counters and the deniers. Don't get me wrong, for I do not mean to insinuate that being a denier is a negative thing. Many just seemed to not see the issues. Some were "converted" with mounting evidence. Others, just couldn't or wouldn't see it (perhaps the "wouldn't see it" people could be considered "good enuffers"? I don't know).

So, OK, I just used up a bunch of your time analyzing something that is probably completely insignificant. In the immortal words of Jimi Hendrix "Sorry to use up so much of your precious time, I'll give right back to you one of these days" :naughty: