On 12/14/2018 at 10:58 AM, Anders_Isaksson said:

Well, managed to cancel my AMK pre-order.

:doh:

On 12/16/2018 at 7:17 PM, Skull Leader said:

cancelled both of mine too.

:doh::doh:

Told you guys I fancied getting at least one of your pre-orders... 

@glorystomper still wants his money back? Please advise.

Cheers,

Onigiri

13 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Cheers,

Onigiri

Sorry, I asked Hobbyeasy but never got a response about transferring my pre-order so I never pursued the request.

But cancelling the pre-order was indeed possible.

19 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

:doh:

:doh::doh:

Cheers,

Onigiri

yes! i am sure the kit will be fine, but at this point i just dont want to deal with it anymore.. im more of a fan of the A/B and was originally just buying the D to support them.. i was already turned off when they showed the boxart.

This is such a farce.

Time to consider a Tamiya A as stocking filler and hold out for a new tool 1/32 Tamiya Tomcat.

AMK should stick to smaller projects they can produce more swiftly and easily. 

Tony 

14 hours ago, Anders_Isaksson said:

Sorry, I asked Hobbyeasy but never got a response about transferring my pre-order so I never pursued the request.

But cancelling the pre-order was indeed possible.

Okay, Anders; nevermind. Thank you so very much all the same.

14 hours ago, glorystomper said:

yes! i am sure the kit will be fine, but at this point i just dont want to deal with it anymore.. im more of a fan of the A/B and was originally just buying the D to support them.. i was already turned off when they showed the boxart.

Then, if transferring is not possible, I propose you keep your pre-order until the kit is released. I hereby guarantee purchasing the kit from you once it's released, or I could wire you the amount of your pre-order if you needed that cash right now.

If the kit is okay you can keep it. If it's still a fat-arse cat, I'll buy it from you.

What do you think? (and your name is?)

Cheers,

Onigiri 

1 hour ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Yes, 1/32 Will be awesome...

Will or would? 😛

Sorry, but how great it would be with something like a Tomcat in 1/32 from Tamiya... and so far no word about one.

Not to de-rail this thread but I guess the common theme is Tomcat kits we probably not will see released in a long time... 😏

Holiday Pro-tip:

1. Go to your local hobby store.
  2. Purchase Tamiya item# 61114 Grumman F-14A Tomcat and item#61118 Grumman F-14D Tomcat.
  3. Wrap said items and place under the Christmas tree.
  4.  Wait for Christmas Day.
  5. Unwrap said items in front of your family to show your joy and now you have a model of the F-14 Tomcat for Christmas, disappointment prevented.

Merry Christmas and Happy Modeling!

32 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

Holiday Pro-tip:

1. Go to your local hobby store.
  2. Purchase Tamiya item# 61114 Grumman F-14A Tomcat and item#61118 Grumman F-14D Tomcat.
  3. Wrap said items and place under the Christmas tree.
  4.  Wait for Christmas Day.
  5. Unwrap said items in front of your family to show your joy and now you have a model of the F-14 Tomcat for Christmas, disappointment prevented.

Dear Tamiya Claus,

I have been a good boy for the last 10 years, and have written and prayed for a F-16D from tamiya.  I don't know why I keep getting coal in my stocking.

Please Tamiya Claus, can you help me out by releasing just one F--16D in the next year?  I know I would be on the list for one for each of these last 10 years.

thank you.

Joey

5 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

Unwrap said items in front of your family to show your joy and now you have a model of the F-14 Tomcat for Christmas, disappointment prevented.

That's before your SWMBO gets the credit card balance and all hell breaks loose...

Merry Christmas, Gypsy! :beer4:

It stroke me as odd that you hadn't posted Disappointment Preventor by Sonata Arctica (a band only known to us, Finnish).

Cheers,

Onigiri

Edited by Doppelgänger
Dunno where my fingers are
On 12/21/2018 at 2:19 AM, Anders_Isaksson said:

Will or would? 😛

Sorry, but how great it would be with something like a Tomcat in 1/32 from Tamiya... and so far no word about one.

Not to de-rail this thread but I guess the common theme is Tomcat kits we probably not will see released in a long time... 😏

I would throw some cash at a new tool 1/32 Tamiya F-14A or D ! 

Don’t see it happening☹️

I don't have Facebook (nor Twitter, nor Instagram, nor "you name it") so I can't check : are they still silent on Facebook as well ?

Not that I'm a Tomcat freak, it's just that the novel features they advertised made me drool and it was inevitable I'd have a go at this kit. But I can still wait.

2 hours ago, Silver Seraph said:

I don't have Facebook (nor Twitter, nor Instagram, nor "you name it") so I can't check : are they still silent on Facebook as well ?

Yep, quieter than a patch of dirt. 

I did pre-order two, and I've remained mostly silent, occasionally venting..but this is silly. 

They said summer, then "unavoidable delays"...now..complete silence. 

Either AMK is gone belly up and is effectively no more or they're having to fix errors (again). 

Either way, by and large, AMK's done as a model company. 

Same here. I haven't preordered so AMK obviously owe me nada, and I'm obviously fine with that. I'm simply interested in the technical aspects of the kit and its conception. I'll just have to get myself some of their other kits, they look so well designed.

I lost track wether they still intended to go forward with the glazings separate from the canopy frame. Or perhaps it wasn't finalised ?

Anyway, if it's released, I'll get one. If it's not, man sooo many other new exciting kits from other brands available.

5 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I did pre-order two, and I've remained mostly silent, occasionally venting..but this is silly. 

They said summer, then "unavoidable delays"...now..complete silence. 

Either AMK is gone belly up and is effectively no more or they're having to fix errors (again). 

Either way, by and large, AMK's done as a model company. 

Let this be an example to other aspiring model kit manufacturers. Especially when it comes popular subjects