22 hours ago, Laurent said:

This topic should be renamed the "About fat butts" 🙂

It's actually the "Hip" 😉  Well I'm disappointed, the Zvezda's or HB's 1/72 Hip looks much better in this area. Like the Tamiya's F-14,  good and free research doesn't seem to be worthy of a look, meanwhile I've seen other manufacturers copying errors from other kits, sigh...   

Edited by delide
12 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Thought that just occurred to me, I'd rather see more of this type of public discussion regarding Z-M's upcoming long nosed F-4's than see this thread continue.

Absolutely. I have yet to buy a ZM Phantom for that reason. I want to see some E's F's and G's. Then I'll thrown the money at them.

I'll still Buy it.. Thing is I'll get 2 instead of 4 or 5... The delays and the release of The Tamiya "D" will likely slow sales of their kit but the price if it stays around 65.00 MSRP and available options will be very attractive to many including me.

13 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Thought that just occurred to me, I'd rather see more of this type of public discussion regarding Z-M's upcoming long nosed F-4's than see this thread continue.

Yes! I'm hoping they release an EJ version very fast, maybe include parts for one with the E release. There are SO many great EJ paint schemes.

14 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

We need a "Word" from AMK

Best of luck on that, transparency isn't one of AMK's watchwords.

Do they owe us an explanation? Certainly not. Would it go a LONG way towards fostering a better relationship with those they'd like to be their customers? Absolutely. In either case, since I cancelled my pre-order, I guess I don't have a dog in this fight any more. If an explanation had been given as to why they've continually missed deadlines, I might have held on to it.

Edited by Skull Leader
3 hours ago, joscasle said:

Well, I bought a Tamiya 1/48 F-14D and start waiting for the GWH F-14A, easier and mentally a best option (IMHO). Why no one  make a B ?

I want a F-14B or Late F-14A 
If GWH release their Tomcat first than AMK it would be a hard strike I think...

Come on AMK, Hurry up! 

1 hour ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

Certainly! If we consider that AMK has been making it not for the first year.

24 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

I want a F-14B or Late F-14A 

Come on AMK, Hurry up! 

I'd be willing to bet that Tamiya releases an F-14B before AMK gets their kit on the market. It's also going to be interesting to see what the GWH kit looks like.

8 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

I'd be willing to bet that Tamiya releases an F-14B before AMK gets their kit on the market.

I never dared to hope that Tamiya would do an F-14A in 1:48. After that, I didn’t dare to hope they would do a D. Now, I’m hoping just a bit that they will do a B. I will definitely be paying attention this September!

But yes, I want the AMK one - it will be 95% of what I need to model an F-14 on the glideslope! “Roger, Ball!”

12 hours ago, 305swag said:

Or maybe we should tell AMK that big butts drive us nuts.

Big butts certainly drive me nuts, but only on lasses, not on a fat-arsed F-14 kit in 1/48th scale, that is.

So,  by the look of it, the fat-arse on the AMK Cat wasn't an "optical illusion" after all...

Cheers,

Origami

33 minutes ago, madcow said:

Maybe AMK should just release a "Tamiya F-14 update" with only the parts for the moveable flaps, slats, bats, rats, maps, etc.

Yes, I wholly agree; AMK could just release a "Tamiya F-14 update set" with only the parts for the moveable flaps, slats, bats, rats, maps, cats, naps, fats, claps, farts and darts.