This is a superb idea. It will sell like crazy since plastic is easier to handle than resin. However it's not certain it will fit the Tamiya kit. Even 1mm difference will make it unusable. Also I doubt AMK will ever do such thing for reasons of business pride. Also it will be a confession that they failed to produce their long waited Tomcat. 

21 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

This is a superb idea. It will sell like crazy since plastic is easier to handle than resin. However it's not certain it will fit the Tamiya kit. Even 1mm difference will make it unusable. Also I doubt AMK will ever do such thing for reasons of business pride. Also it will be a confession that they failed to produce their long waited Tomcat. 

The very day they failed to announce to the world that they reached the pre-order quota was already an indirect confession that they failed .......

12 hours ago, madcow said:

Maybe AMK should just release a "Tamiya F-14 update" with only the parts for the moveable flaps, slats, bats, rats, maps, etc.

I suggested that on their facebook page, they were not receptive to the idea.

21 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Yes, I wholly agree; AMK could just release a "Tamiya F-14 update set" with only the parts for the moveable flaps, slats, bats, rats, maps, cats, naps, fats, claps, farts and darts.

There are several photos of the wing parts, taken at the Eday, look few pages ago.

They were unfinished, numerous fictionnal or false details, others missing, rivets and reccessing details too big and too deep.

Now look at your tamiya A or D.

I don't think lot of people will accept this huge difference of quality, because at one point or another, they will compare Tamiya parking wings with AMK ones and make a choice.

2 minutes ago, shion said:

There are several photos of the wing parts, taken at the Eday, look few pages ago.

They were unfinished, numerous fictionnal or false details, others missing, rivets and reccessing details too big and too deep.

I don't think lot of people will accept this huge difference of quality, because at one point or another, they will compare Tamiya parking wings with AMK ones and make a choice.

Plus GWH jumped the band wagon😎

51 minutes ago, shion said:

What Tamiya A or D kits would I ever look at? I haven't got any... :thatfunny:

I'd still do wonders about the AMK Tomcat wings just as they are; bought the KASL resin ones and made them fit one of my Monogram kits, so go figure. I'm quite certain that the AMK wings could fit one of my Hasegawa kits as well.

Cheers,

Onigiri

5 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Sir Mix a lot videos and mention of the Kardashians..........This thread has officially hit rock bottom and is now a bigger joke than the delay of the subject kit. 

Well, do the Maths, Dave:

(Constant delay of the subject kit)² + a lot of videos and mention of the Kardashians (because of the silence on part of the AMK camp)³ = thread hits rock bottom and it's become a big joke in itself.

Cheers,

Onwardgiri

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

What Tamiya A or D kits would I ever look at? I haven't got any... :thatfunny:

I'd still do wonders about the AMK Tomcat wings just as they are; bought the KASL resin ones and made them fit one of my Monogram kits, so go figure. I'm quite certain that the AMK wings could fit one of my Hasegawa kits as well.

Cheers,

Onigiri

I bought the KASL wings for my A. They look very nice. The details on the wing very closely match the quality of the details on the Tamiya kit. Virtually impossible to tell the difference (probably a direct copy of the Tamiya wing). The flaps and slats are going to be a bit fiddly to mount as the connectors on the parts don't exactly line up with the slots on the wing at all points, but I will manage (the kit is still awaiting updated early VF-1 Wolfpack decals).

21 hours ago, Mstor said:

The flaps and slats are going to be a bit fiddly to mount as the connectors on the parts don't exactly line up with the slots on the wing at all points, but I will manage (the kit is still awaiting updated early VF-1 Wolfpack decals).

Hola, Mark! :wave:

Shave off all connectors that don't match the slots on the KASL set and replace them with Plastruct rod. How many connectors are offset with regard to the wing slots? I didn't use the main part of the resin wings on my Monogram kit; just the resin flaps and slats.

Cheers,

Onigiro

On 1/4/2019 at 2:43 PM, flybywire said:

The very day they failed to announce to the world that they reached the pre-order quota was already an indirect confession that they failed .......

Announce to the world - Jeez.

This really typifies how out of proportion (metaphorically in this case) this has become. Al the more hilarious for it nonetheless.

On 1/5/2019 at 1:06 PM, Dave Roof said:

Sir Mix a lot videos and mention of the Kardashians..........This thread has officially hit rock bottom and is now a bigger joke than the delay of the subject kit. 

But I just can't help looking in the loony ward now and again.

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Hola, Mark! :wave:

Shave off all connectors that don't match the slots on the KASL set and replace them with Plastruct rod. How many connectors are offset with regard to the wing slots? I didn't use the main part of the resin wings on my Monogram kit; just the resin flaps and slats.

Cheers,

Onigiro

Hey Onigiro,

I haven't looked at the kit for  while, but I think it is just the outer one or two connectors that don't line up completely. They are off by fractions of a mm. I think I can widen the slot on the wing, glue the slat and then fill in any open space in the slot afterwards. Or something like that. Otherwise, I like the set a lot.

Cheers,

Mark

1 minute ago, serendip said:

But I just can't help looking in the loony ward now and again.

Indeed. Its become like a train wreck now...

Related image

You don't really want to look but you just can't help yourself from peeking...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 9:35 PM, nachjager said:

While we wait for the AMK Tomcat, how about asking Airfix to do a 1/24 B-29 Superfortress with full interior????? 

🤪

A new B-29 yeah I'm in - just not too nuts, I want only what can be seen through the windows, I hate paying for (and feeling obliged to work on) stuff that cannot be seen.    For example the side observation/tracking bubbles I only want the sight (sigh).   And while wishing I'd prefer ordnance options other than 500lbers, like incendiaries. 

Umm.....AMK's Weapons Set is listed as 'in stock'  at HobbyEasy:

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/xg2xtngbl4jnxl4g9ajt.html

Thank God I clicked on the above link because for some unknown reason in the Related Items section under I found this:

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/0ioie6q2n3qij1aia7pq.html

For $ 35.10 I think is a good value.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:11 PM, Jonathan_Lotton said:

AMK's FB page has been dead for nearly two months now.  They've stopped responding to things even on their Kfir and MiG-31 kits. 

So did they go keel up already or are they still butthurt because they got called out on the Tomcat errors?