8 minutes ago, gtypecanare said:

The word is lofting.

I thought that was boat building ?¿. Does the draft 5 AMK Tomcat come with a seaplane option?

Thought pussycats hated water (but lve fish, and lasagne)

Tony 

13 hours ago, flybywire said:

I think 2 biggest mistakes they made were:

1. Asking for pre-orders (money) from modelers to produce the plastics,  which is a very bad practice; which until now could not deliver.

2. Never-ending postponements of the kit hitting the shelves.

Definitely this. I am not a Tomcat junkie so the flaws in the kit never really stood out to me and I never had comment on them. BUT, the pre-order fiasco and delays is where the follies (IMHO) began. I still wish they would have done a new A-10 series or other subject but even then...I would never pay for an advance release.

The only thing I don't understand, and probably never will, is why there are many various instances of what comes across as personal attacks towards or between people that comment on this thread and subject. That's more or less the biggest joke of all in my opinion, it's just the internet people, not gospel.

5 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

Manuel that picture says nothing! There is no way for us to know when this picture was taken and whether they have corrected the shape issues. For me, there is nothing until I actually see the box on the shelves! 

Edited by EagleAviation
Just now, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

That post is from 41 minutes ago...
I think that tomcat is really near, it was a long wait of course…

All I know is that I was exposed to my customers! They have pre-ordered the thing almost two years ago and they still have nothing. In the end, I don't give a damn if they release it or not. I will be definitely ordering the GWH -A for the shop, already selling the Tamiya ones and I am very happy building my own Tamiya -A. I have had just enough with these people!  

for those not on Facebook or member of the group, Sio had this to say along with the picture posted above

"

Hi, All,

Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Hei Fat Choi! Again.

Martin made a big joke with you guys. It is the year of pig, not monkey.

As you can see, we got all the testing plastics here. I will keep posting our plastic testing pictures here. You can comment and ask questions here. I will try my best to reply you.

One thing I would request all you guys to follow, DO NOT SHARE OR COPY ANY WORD, ANY SENTENCE, OR ANY PICTURE I post here. If not, I may ask you leave this club. This is a closed AMK fan club.

After testing of all these plastics, we could have a more solid time to send out the kit. Please don’t ask the release date until we got to that point.

We are a new and small company. We made some mistakes, too complex the design, mould making problems, bad marketing decisions, etc. that cause delays again and again. We apology again here!

Hope you understand and follow!"

I am still going to wait for a few reviews before committing any money to a kit though. I have trust issues with AMK.

Edited by dylan
45 minutes ago, dylan said:

for those not on Facebook or member of the group, Sio had this to say along with the picture posted above

"

Hi, All,

Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Hei Fat Choi! Again.

Martin made a big joke with you guys. It is the year of pig, not monkey.

As you can see, we got all the testing plastics here. I will keep posting our plastic testing pictures here. You can comment and ask questions here. I will try my best to reply you.

One thing I would request all you guys to follow, DO NOT SHARE OR COPY ANY WORD, ANY SENTENCE, OR ANY PICTURE I post here. If not, I may ask you leave this club. This is a closed AMK fan club.

After testing of all these plastics, we could have a more solid time to send out the kit. Please don’t ask the release date until we got to that point.

We are a new and small company. We made some mistakes, too complex the design, mould making problems, bad marketing decisions, etc. that cause delays again and again. We apology again here!

Hope you understand and follow!"

I am still going to wait for a few reviews before committing any money to a kit though. I have trust issues with AMK.

Totally agree with you Dylan

I can already see the transition from the vertical portion to the area sloping up towards the vertical stab has not been fixed. Sio says that they have made some changes, but the whole shape is still very off IMO.

for some reason he doesnt want anyone discussing these pictures on this forum. as you can see from the earlier post there is a threat of being kicked out of the facebook group. my response to that is, what have you been doing the last 4 months then? the substantial changes required to correct the shape of the aft fuselage have not been addressed. basically AMK are going to sell us the same flawed kit shown in October of last year.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, Timvkampen said:

Couldn't agree more... What an incredible thread this. Reminds me of the song of Cypress Hill...Insane in the membrane

:bandhead2: :doh:Tim, I really hate that song! Just the tone of the frontman's voice makes me wanna kill! Aaaarrrrghh...!!!

On 2/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, glorystomper said:

Haha, let me shed some light on this for those of you who still aren't sure.. I lovingly call this "Chinglish" and it's sort of the way that my parents speak (like a bad mash up of english and chinese).

Good thing out of this whole subject is AMK will have to zip it regarding the development and release of any further kits until the sprues are packed into each one of the kit boxes! No more "We will deliver the best SuE, the best Foxbat, the best ANYTHING!" 'cause very few will follow.

Oh, and those pictures still show a fat-arsed cat. I wonder whether the IFR panel was ever addressed/corrected.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

5 hours ago, dylan said:

One thing I would request all you guys to follow, DO NOT SHARE OR COPY ANY WORD, ANY SENTENCE, OR ANY PICTURE I post here.

I have trust issues with AMK

AMK has trust issues with you. 

AMK posted a couple more pics of the rear fuselage area. It is difficult to tell as they do not provide any overhead views, but in addition to the bump over the stab pivot, it appears that they may have straightened out the edge just ahead of the pivot. The area mentioned by Dylan is still questionable though. Needless to say, we need more pics from more angles. It is making me hopeful, but after all this time, I doubt AMK is going to come up with a "perfect" F-14 kit, not that anyone could. Its just that there will be a few more problems than one would hope for in a kit given so much hype by the manufacturer and its fans.

8 hours ago, dylan said:

:doh::rofl: They don't seem to have any idea as to the basic nature of the Internet. Can't and never will happen. Only way not to have information propagate on the Internet is to not post it in the first place.