oh Sio you funny little man

for some strange reason I haven't been able to access the AMK fan page on Facebook all afternoon, one minute I was reading comments on the flawless and on time tomcat kit. then all of the sudden I was no longer able to see any of the posts. I cant for the life of me imagine what could have happened. (sarcasm)

so here are a couple of higher quality shots of the rear end. I am posting these mostly for the guys that are not on Facebook, and also for discussion. because guess what? this is a plastic model DISCUSSION FORUM. I feel that we should be able to have a reasonable back and forth adult discussion about our hobby without having the manufacturer interfere. shame on you Sio and AMK for treating your customers and fan base like you have over the last few months. 

I will take a few shots of the Tamiya kit from similar angles later. I have to get up early tomorrow and change a set of fan blades on a 757 , so I'm off to bed

51538385_10218548129843148_6531442666373

51623594_10218548128963126_4597810847404

Edited by dylan
10 hours ago, dylan said:

oh Sio you funny little man

for some strange reason I haven't been able to access the AMK fan page on Facebook all afternoon, one minute I was reading comments on the flawless and on time tomcat kit. then all of the sudden I was no longer able to see any of the posts. I cant for the life of me imagine what could have happened. (sarcasm)

so here are a couple of higher quality shots of the rear end. I am posting these mostly for the guys that are not on Facebook, and also for discussion. because guess what? this is a plastic model DISCUSSION FORUM. I feel that we should be able to have a reasonable back and forth adult discussion about our hobby without having the manufacturer interfere. shame on you Sio and AMK for treating your customers and fan base like you have over the last few months. 

I will take a few shots of the Tamiya kit from similar angles later. I have to get up early tomorrow and change a set of fan blades on a 757 , so I'm off to bed

On closer examination, it doesn't look like they have completely straightened the edge forward of the pivot point. I can't be sure because the angle of the photo makes it difficult to tell whether the curve I am seeing is a curve outward or just the downward curve of the edge in that area. Once again, we are presented with ambiguous photos. Need photo directly from above.

It looks like the section with horizontal stabilizer's nest is kinda flat, it was constant curvature before. There was new photo album today (seem deleted by now) that was containing 3d sketches with reworked arse. Looked much better than any mold till now but it was only one or two angles with real-photo comparision, hard to say if fixed for good.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:29 PM, Whiskey said:

The only thing I don't understand, and probably never will, is why there are many various instances of what comes across as personal attacks towards or between people that comment on this thread and subject. That's more or less the biggest joke of all in my opinion, it's just the internet people, not gospel.

Exactly.  People with no lives other than sitting at their computers.

18 hours ago, dylan said:

For the rivet counters out there, the stab pack panel line is not correct, the bottom panel line should go all the way to the where the fuselage starts to curve towards the horizontal stab.

Thanks for posting that; should be interesting reading. I know that the heatblur f14 is only a sim, but I think i have already learnt so much about the f14 just from watching the pre-release videos; particularly as to just how lethal the aim54 actually was.

Regarding the AMK f14, it seems to me that the error on the 'hips' wasn't so much the actual top-down view, but rather the cross section, which made it look too curvy fro certain angles-have a look at Dave-Roof's comparison of the actual planform views with other manufacturers. That being said, I would have thought that the correction would be quite straightforward since it would mean removing material from the mould.

Anyways, if nothing else I am looking forward to using this kit for the wings and lowered landing gear-should still be cheaper than the resin set of wings plus a bunch of spares.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:54 PM, Sonoran said:

eusa_naughty.gif More like people who were AWFULLY! disappointed in bloody AMK, their sheer incompetence, rookie-level of comms and stupid promises which they couldn't even keep. They're completely done for as kit manufacturers, gladly.

You should speak just for yourself, dude. The silly thing they're doing over at Facebook is just a token of their immaturity. 

Edited by Doppelgänger
chillax before posting!
1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

eusa_naughty.gif More like people who were AWFULLY! disappointed in bloody AMK, their sheer incompetence, rookie-level of comms and stupid promises which they couldn't even keep. They're completely done for as kit manufacturers, gladly.

You should speak just for yourself, dude. The silly thing they're doing over at Facebook is just a token of their immaturity. 

I must ask, what is your personal issue with AMK? Did you preorder (prepay?) for the kit? Why do you spend so much time and effort trying to make other people dislike AMK?

I preordered but I did not prepay. If the kit never sees the light of day, my life goes on unaffected. I couldn’t care less what AMK says, does, or markets. But it’s fascinating to me that you personally cannot tolerate anyone liking, or being patient with, AMK.  Just trying to understand your frustration with those who don’t share your hatred for AMK. 

7 hours ago, erik_g said:

You guys might not be losing sleep over the Tomcat, but I sure did, when this was published last night.. 
http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/index.html

Why oh why did I stay up reading about AWG-9 in the middle of the night.. dead tired now.. 

It´s the OTHER Tomcat I have pre-ordered.... 😄

That's a very interesting document. Thanks for posting that. Lots of close ups of instruments. I really cant tell if this is something based off original F-14B docs or something Heatblur put together using computer generated images for the cockpit stuff. Computer generated images are becoming indistinguishable from reality.

3 hours ago, dryguy said:

Anyways, if nothing else I am looking forward to using this kit for the wings and lowered landing gear-should still be cheaper than the resin set of wings plus a bunch of spares.

I had this thought too. Get the kit and if I don't like what they did or didn't do with the fuselage, use the wings for a Tamiya F-14D. Like you said, probably cheaper than the aftermarket resin wings. I have those wings for my Tamiya F-14A. They ARE very nice, but there are some minor fit issues with thee slats and flaps. Plus they don't have positionable spoilers.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:54 PM, Sonoran said:

Actually, for some of us disabled, sitting in front of the computer IS a big part of our lives. It provides a means of socialization when we can't get out and be with people like we used to be able to. I know it sounds sad. Don't need no ones pity. It just how life is.

I know what you were trying to say and for most people I would agree with your statement. Just think before you post blanket generalizations. That should go for everyone here.

36 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Actually, for some of us disabled, sitting in front of the computer IS a big part of our lives. It provides a means of socialization when we can't get out and be with people like we used to be able to. I know it sounds sad. Don't need no ones pity. It just how life is.

I know what you were trying to say and for most people I would agree with your statement. Just think before you post blanket generalizations. That should go for everyone here.

Very well said.

I would have preferred just hit a "like" button, so I've entered a post.

Edited by Craig Baldwin
49 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Extraordinarily well said - a sincere and valid point made without vitriol, condescension or hypersensitive defensiveness! 

Could it be that we are finally learning how to best use the internet?  Thank you Mr. Mstor! 

4 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Time for your medication.

4 hours ago, Mstor said:

I really cant tell if this is something based off original F-14B docs or something Heatblur put together using computer generated images for the cockpit stuff.

Ralfidude's first Youtube stream on the forthcoming Tomcat featured one of the Heatblur developers and this was discussed.

6 hours ago, jester292 said:

I must ask, what is your personal issue with AMK? Did you preorder (prepay?) for the kit? Why do you spend so much time and effort trying to make other people dislike AMK?

My perswonal issue with AMK is that I dislike their lying about everything related to us as modellers; back in time they've lied that they were working on a living sample of the SuE in an Argentine naval base (possibly Commander Espora Base), gathering all the required info in order to deliver "THE MOTHER OF ALL SuEs", in the time the Heller 1/48 kit was the only game in town.

No sooner than Kinetic beat them to it we had lies from AMK stating that the project was mysteriously shelved (yeah, right... :rolleyes:)

Next time it was EXACTLY the same with their promised "BEST FOXBAT KIT EVER"; guess what? Kitty Hawk beat them to it once again, so they forgot about their silly promises even though the Kitty Hawk kit was mediocre (but beat them to it with the scale?) :doh:

It doesn't come as a surprise AT ALL that AMK were backpedalling miserably about their promised "Super-Arch-Mega F-14 kit" after Tamiya had beaten them to it - TWICE!  :rofl:Not a much more serious company is to beat them to it -

It doesn't quite matter whether I pre-paid or not, as much as I couldn't care less than a rat's arse whether other modellers on here might dislike AMK or not. I speak for myself, and nobody else.

6 hours ago, jester292 said:

I couldn’t care less what AMK says, does, or markets. But it’s fascinating to me that you personally cannot tolerate anyone liking, or being patient with, AMK.  Just trying to understand your frustration with those who don’t share your hatred for AMK. 

My problem is not with anyone who likes AMK; not at all, even though I'm quite sure that if AMK ever thought about pulling off the pre-order option, it was surely owing to the great amount of modellers polishing their knob, going like: "Oh, yes; IF AMK release an F-14 kit in the level of quality of their MiG-31, THEN I'll pee on my pants just out of thrill and excitement!" 

Well, you can see many of those same modellers on here who've changed their minds lately regarding AMK because of all this (you know who you are). And could you ever blame them? I can't.

So, Jester, please don't give me the sorry line that you couldn't care less what AMK says, does, or markets when you chose to support AMK on their stupid pre-order prerrogative: "Uh... listen up, sports. IF we can secure a 5000-pre-order mark, THEN we are gonna be given the green light" 'cause I think I'm gonna be more prone to believe if you say that the Earth is flat. 

Any other manufacturers have ever asked to pre-order in order to start development? Any other manufacturer that you recall of pulling this idiot private club on Facebook, threatening not to share their info outside that platform lest you'd be banned?

I did think of ever doing that not even when I used to play Counter Strike online! Really immature of them.

It's my own belief, and I don't expect to cause any sensation with it.