As much as I enjoy getting to see these photos and following the progress and/or lack of progress with this model. I do agree that the pics shouldn't be posted given they are not giving permission. It's simply bad form. You can argue about the merit of thought in keeping them private and you can argue about IF they could even stay private given the internet these days. BUT they still have rights.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by niart17
6 hours ago, SpiritZeroThree said:

Well, I'm dumb. Saw the AIR, didn't realize it was an 83 instead of an 82. Good catch GW

No worries, the Mk 83 with BSU-85 is often mistaken for the Mk 82AIR since they are very similar in shape.

This situation with AMK banning people from their Facebook page, going after websites to take down photos and basically going after people who criticize their F-14 reminds me of a certain aftermarket manufacture who basically did the same thing about 10 years ago.

AMK proclaimed their Delta Tomcat would be the greatest the modeling world has ever seen and when modelers started pointing out flaws they went full potato. They might want to rethink their PR approach and learn from that aftermarket manufacture or they are going to wind up just like him, a distant memory.

50 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

This situation with AMK banning people from their Facebook page, going after websites to take down photos and basically going after people who criticize their F-14 reminds me of a certain aftermarket manufacture who basically did the same thing about 10 years ago.

AMK proclaimed their Delta Tomcat would be the greatest the modeling world has ever seen and when modelers started pointing out flaws they went full potato. They might want to rethink their PR approach and learn from that aftermarket manufacture or they are going to wind up just like him, a distant memory.

Aftermarket,  who are you talking about?

5 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Someone's joy had been stolen... But I do still miss CE stuff.

Yea, me too. I one that manage to get on of the British Phantom conversion sets. At the time I was freaking out as CE had shut down and wasn't answering e-mails, I was on the road for work, and the tracking number I received had my package going to Atlanta, Georgia (I lived in SW Florida at the time). Turned out they had given me the wrong tracking number and the package was waiting at my door when I got back from my business trip. Ended up selling the set though. Didn't have room for large scale models after I moved to Weesconsin.

• 3 weeks later...

The formation lights (slime lights) are still wrong !!  ☹️ They are flush on the real jet, not raised. C'mon AMK get it together.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"

Sio just posted pics of a Facebook messenger chat with Terry in which Sio has given ARC permission to post pics from Facebook here on the forum in response to Terry's promise to monitor the posts for negative comments from competitors. Did I get that right Terry? Sio stated he is mainly concerned about negative comments from competitors. I don't know who these "competitors" are. All the comments I've seen are from regular users.

Caveat: Sio has given permission to post pics that he posted on Facebook "Today". At least that how I read it. That correct Terry?

Edited by Mstor