53405418_10218765691162045_1116343003313602560_n

53918270_10218765654161120_8568139965140041728_n

54517939_10218765654241122_2909763853967425536_n

53470931_10218765654521129_8928339334449332224_n

54222329_10218765654681133_7056953394170167296_n

53461881_10218765654961140_3510154179769270272_n

53482298_10218765655441152_1728358293757231104_n

53684098_10218765946928439_235049597171400704_n

These are the photos of the areas under the most discussion. There were others, mainly of the wings. Sio stated that fixing the IFR probe issue may be difficult to do, due to molding considerations. In other words, it doesn't sound like they have worked on that yet or if they even will make the attempt.

Looks better... but those slime lights 🤮 Are there pics of where the exhausts connect ? Will it accept aries exhausts ?

Edited by adamitri
Add ons
1 hour ago, adamitri said:

Looks better... but those slime lights 🤮 Are there pics of where the exhausts connect ? Will it accept aries exhausts ?

There weren't any pics of the rear end without the exhausts attached, so no. Once its released I sure someone will make exhausts and other parts for it.

1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I’m sorry but the attempt at censorship and ready agreement the ARC staff is pretty unappealing...

Well Jonathan...too bad. It's not censorship...it's just trying to get along with the company and adhering to their wishes with regards to sharing their photographs. If you don't like it you can leave. This is not a Democracy. You play here you play by the rules set by the moderators. We are personally very tired of all the crap that has gone on in this thread. I closed it once and I reopened it because we were asked to by one of the good guys. But I will not hesitate to close it down again if this thread goes in the crapper again.

2 hours ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Slime lights does not have raised detail:

main-qimg-798ae44a44c0e3e0d310ba7e68e257

Well, in that photo I think I'm seeing that the aft S.L. is definitely proud of the fuselage surface. Granted, AMK has them quite a bit too raised, but shouldn't it be really trivial to sand/file them down?

1 hour ago, terrysumner said:

Well Jonathan...too bad. It's not censorship...it's just trying to get along with the company and adhering to their wishes with regards to sharing their photographs. If you don't like it you can leave. This is not a Democracy. You play here you play by the rules set by the moderators. We are personally very tired of all the crap that has gone on in this thread. I closed it once and I reopened it because we were asked to by one of the good guys. But I will not hesitate to close it down again if this thread goes in the crapper again.

By definition, that IS sensorship.

(I'm not tryin' to say... I'm just sayin'.)

Sio's assertion that the only detractors are from his "competitors" is farcical at best.  When you boast that your kit is going to be the best and most accurate iteration out there.... especially in a subject so saturated as the tomcat,  you can be damn sure people are going to nitpick.

We want the kit to be perfect... we would be beyond thrilled if it were. But dont put test shots out there and not expect them to get nitpicked.

You wanna edit or shut down the thread, that's your bailiwick, but don't try to pass it off for something it isnt.

Edited by Skull Leader
2 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

Sio's assertion that the only detractors are from his "competitors" is farcical at best.  When you boast that your kit is going to be the best and most accurate iteration out there.... especially in a subject so saturated as the tomcat,  you can be damn sure people are going to nitpick.

agreed

5 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Too many people don't understand this about forums like this. ARC and the moderators make the rules. If you don't like these rules then, as Terry says, you are free to leave. If this were a government run website then free speech laws would probably apply. But it ain't and they don't. Sio said we can post today's pics but if a "competitor" posts negative comments, then Terry has been asked to remove those comments. Now, I would agree with those that question the whole "competitors are posting many negative comments" thing. I haven't seen it on ARC. Perhaps it is a problem on other forums, I don't know, but as long as no competitors post negative comments here, then all is OK. Hopefully Sio will continue to "allow" pics to be posted.

As an aside, I did ask Sio if there was a release date yet, but received no answer. Oh well...

Now lets get back to some critical examination of the photos Sio posted. Too me, it looks like AMK have improved the shape of the rear end. It is to the point where any deviance from accurate shapes is beyond my ability to determine. So, I hope those with more knowledge will chime in at this point.;

well to my eyes, I don't think they have changed ANYTHING at all. I think it is the exact same build that we saw last year. look at the slats and how they stand proud of the wing instead of drooping below. this was the same way on a "pre production, 3D printed, low quality test shot" or whatever hogwash they were trying to get us to believe. AMK claimed that the test shot was built by a non modeler, that was unfamiliar with the aircraft. yet they still haven't gotten someone in the know to build one up.

as previously posted I can see that the air bags are still too thick and swoop upwards to the front. the area just aft of the airbags is also suspect.  I feel that the area  is mis shaped in some way but it is hard to describe without being able to post pictures. but my previously posted shots  show the same misshaped area.

I never felt that the kit had wide hips, but the weird shape sure made it look like it did.

needless to say I completely disagree with AMK trying to dictate how their kit is discussed. the thing I am trying to figure out is why not just release the kit? they obviously have no intention of actually changing anything to fix the shape issues. the pictures of the test shots were first posted to Facebook on August 19 2018.

Edited by dylan
speeling misatkes

First, allow me to proclaim that I am not a competitor to AMK (or anyone else) in any shape or form.

To me, that rear end looks all jacked up, it looks too flat and wide and the exhaust fairing on the outboard side of the exhaust shroud looks completely wrong.

For those who have Danny Coreman's F-14 Book, compare the pics to those on page 34 and 35.

7 hours ago, seawinder said:

Well, in that photo I think I'm seeing that the aft S.L. is definitely proud of the fuselage surface. Granted, AMK has them quite a bit too raised, but shouldn't it be really trivial to sand/file them down?

On most aircraft the slime lights were flush with the skin, that one in the pic posted has some RTV (sealant) around the aft light but that is not the norm.

Last time they provided photos (of the same build), I thought the editing/cropping was weird, why cut images like that?

Photos I've talking about:

51538385_10218548129843148_6531442666373

51623594_10218548128963126_4597810847404

And now:

47328953071_3ef1523ccb_b.jpg

Real A/C:

wallpaper-1553208.jpg

I'm concerned about at least 2 things here:

- how can they represent the fuel damp like that?

-  gaps between the main fuselage, the engine bags and the beaver tail part are huge.

In fact, gaps between parts are huge in the whole kit, yes I know "it's a prebuild, the builder is a nonmodeler, he's unfamiliar with the A/C", but glued or not, gaps aren't supposed to be this width.

I just would like to point out something. 1. When modelers/readers here raised a "negative comment", it's usually based on an observation on the kit which is different or have some kind of deviation from  factual sources like modeling reference materials or actual pictures or persons who have worked on the plane one time or another or persons who are very knowledgeable about the entire  fighter jet especially the shapes and sizes of the outer structures, I still don't understand why negative comments could be so wrong. 2. I think the problem with the rear end is still there and has not changed a bit.

Edited by flybywire
8 hours ago, shion said:

Last time they provided photos (of the same build), I thought the editing/cropping was weird, why cut images like that?

Photos I've talking about:

And now:

Real A/C:

I'm concerned about at least 2 things here:

- how can they represent the fuel damp like that?

-  gaps between the main fuselage, the engine bags and the beaver tail part are huge.

In fact, gaps between parts are huge in the whole kit, yes I know "it's a prebuild, the builder is a nonmodeler, he's unfamiliar with the A/C", but glued or not, gaps aren't supposed to be this width.

Your reference picture is not a great one due to lens distortion. Look how the circular exhaust look :)

what is wrong with the fuel dump? missing a hole? 

This is an ok picture for rear shape. I think AMK attempt is alright. 

Untitled-2.jpg

You don't have to care about the lens distorsion, this photo is here to show the fact that the fuel dump pipe is... a pipe and how the beaver tail is connected to the A/C body.

It's the first time we see the rendition of the beaver tail by AMK, and it seems they believe the fuel dump pipe is an ECM pod or something else, not a pipe.

We'll wait the next mold revision.