On 5/10/2019 at 3:05 AM, madmanrick said:

95% of which are comments by whiners such as yourself, that a). have no skin in the game and b). get their thrills by watching the world burn.

You are so right. Some people love to see others fail. 

On 5/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, niart17 said:

Actually I'd say it's a pretty equal ratio of people who are "bashing" the kit and company's business practices, AKA "whiners" and those that take it way too personally "such as yourself" and attack those people by calling them whiners. I fail to see the maturity in insulting people who are concerned and/or upset about a company. But hey, whatever.

They also "tend to use" inverted commas for no "apparent reason".

4 hours ago, serendip said:

and  'holier than thou".

You're a pretty funny guy. How about relax a little. Nobody is acting holier than thou or victimized there sport.

Edited by niart17

All I can add is that I cannot wait until this kit is actually released (assuming it ever is) and not simply because I have 5 on pre-order (2 of which I shelled out $$$ for).  I cannot wait to finally be reading commentary about the actual plastic and not the vaporware that has so far been discussed for 177 pages ad nauseum.

Let us remember that not one person that I am aware of, has seen the production plastic, either with their own eyes or even pictures purporting to be of production plastic. So until that occurs this is all baseless speculation, that may or may not even be close to reality.

Although I will admit that AMK et al, have screwed up royally in the public relations department. They are far from the first and I am sure not the last, to "steal the joy."

Edited by madmanrick

Clearly there is/was a communicational strategy problem at AMK. But is it unique to them? They are a fairly young company but what do the older, more mature producers do? Here is Airfix with decades behind its back, one would think they have the experience and will act accordingly.

In January 2019 they announced a brand new MiG-17 in 72 nd scale. It was obvious from CAD’s that there are problems with the

--  shape

--  details

even though it was allegedly produced from scans of the original aircraft.

They never responded to any of the comments. 5 months passed and test shoots were produced with exactly the same problems, no corrections were made and even more silly mistakes surfaced since then.

Still as we speak Airfix is claiming how fantastic the new MiG-17 kit will be, completely ignoring all comments / suggestions. Comments on their own are not worth anything, but for this MiG-17 kit photos of the original aircraft were compared with the CAD’s to show the clearly visible mistakes!

Nothing happened and I suspect nothing will happen at Airfix.

So what are we talking about? Is it a unique problem to one particular producer, be it Airfix, AMK, Eduard, Trumpeter or any other?

Don’t think so.

We have to live with it.

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

So what are we talking about? Is it a unique problem to one particular producer, be it Airfix, AMK, Eduard, Trumpeter or any other?

Don’t think so.

We have to live with it.

Well, I think it obvious that this problem is not unique. Do we have to live with it, yes... and no. Perhaps if we are vocal enough on forums and that monstrosity Facebook, they may someday listen. At the very least, we can educate others in this hobby about these problems. Then, when we get releases of a kit by multiple manufacturers, we will praise and spend our money on the most accurate of them, and pass by the ones that fail to capture the subject faithfully.

Then again, probably not. Just a dream, just a dream...  :whistle:

On 5/12/2019 at 4:05 PM, Solo said:

I have just voted: bought preorder and don't know what will be next. I don't think they listen to me. 🙂

Soooooo.... you voted yes while not being happy of their progress.

hqdefault.jpg

Please remember how it was started: at the beginning of May 2017 AMK announced the preorder. They said their Tomcat will be available on december if they'd collected not less than 5000 preorders.

I don't believe somebody thought then it will take over 2 years instead 6 months. I do not feel guilty.

10 minutes ago, Solo said:

Please remember how it was started: at the beginning of May 2017 AMK announced the preorder. They said their Tomcat will be available on december if they'd collected not less than 5000 preorders.

I don't believe somebody thought then it will take over 2 years instead 6 months. I do not feel guilty.

Never said you're guilty. You've just voted "yes" unaware of the outcome.

By the way, did they stated which December they have on their minds?

1 hour ago, Keroburner89 said:

I think the question we should really be asking ourselves within this thread is why has no one done an AMK F-14 captioned Downfall bunker scene video yet 🤔

that's so 2 years ago....oh wait.. I see your point.:woot.gif:

On 5/18/2019 at 12:47 AM, niart17 said:

that's so 2 years ago....oh wait.. I see your point.:woot.gif:

Lol that's the point, you know the format, like all the parodies before it. Last hours in the bunker, the discussion from the Generals and then Bruno Ganz going berserk when notified of certain details. 

If articulated well, it would be fitting and probably pretty funny...

Edited by Keroburner89

with GWH's announcement I assume this effort will be ending ?? Maybe AMK sold the work to GWH as too much credit was washed away? Or is GWH a new separate effort? Fascinating times!

By the way: Tomcats remain relevant as Top Gun: Maverick will feature them again... (So, Tomcat 1/32 Tamiya!!!)